Alien in effect or costume?

Started by vortep, Sep 08, 2007, 09:48:23 PM

Author
Alien in effect or costume? (Read 1,448 times)

vortep

vortep

We question is simple.In what way do you like the alien more?More in visual effect or in costume?
I must say that when is on costume is more real and scary for me!

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

In costume mostly, unless ofcourse  the scene calls for the alien to things impossible for someone to do in a suit

Alien Freak

Alien Freak

The costume always looks better. The fact that the creature is actually there, makes it more terrifing.

SM

SM

Depends on the shot.

Huol

Huol

Costume.
CGI looks fake. With a costume the alien is actually there.
Can you imagine if when the alien attacked Brett it was CGI? Lame.

SM

SM

If Brett's death called for a full body shot the costume would've looked lame too.

Huntchez

Huntchez

Effects or robots

i say that because no human can bend their legs the way aliens does

\
/
\

plus they are very tall.

also triing t pefect the whole running thing(Runner) wouldnt be hard since they stad like dogs and mainly in reality the human arms are shorter than the human legs.

the mandables which hides inside the alien's mouth cant really be done without some type of xcontroller and controlling the tail is almsot impossible without very loose and very flexable wires and components

lets put an example....like the predator,it stands so tall not even the average male adult can fit it and the strengh and meight of the armour cant be weilded at any circumstance.lets not forget the Visions they have.

DEATHGRIND

DEATHGRIND

I say effects because you can make a character do more things and be more agile with the 'magic of the computer' and to me it's more dynamic that way.  I do agree that the costume would make it more terrifying because it's actually there.  CGI can be more realistic than scenes shown in the later Alien movies, just like Discovery Channel's show about prehistorical creatures.  If it were that realistic......

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed