Trauma Map Pack Announced: Alien Isolation DLC

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2014, 10:27:37 AM

Author
Trauma Map Pack Announced: Alien Isolation DLC (Read 17,445 times)

Corporal Hicks

I hope they're not trying to reduce the difficulty.

Xhan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2014, 08:22:23 PM
I hope they're not trying to reduce the difficulty.

If no one plays it, there was no point in making it to begin with.

That said, it's ultra boring, and yes the Alien will not normally enter certain areas by design... but he can chase you into them if you present a straight shot.

Vrastal

I havet touched any of the dlc because none of it seems to be story driven or anything. its all timed  against other people. which honestly has little interest to me

Corporal Hicks

I think it's more about the experience without sinking the time into it. If you fancy a 10 minute go, without being pulled in and finding its suddenly 3 hours later, then Survivor is a nice enough dip into the world.

I do wish they'd have done a proper story driven campaign but I'm able to enjoy these. Like I said before, Survivor reminds me a lot of Alien Trilogy and I really dig that.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2014, 10:39:25 AM
I haven't played the first set yet - I was waiting to buy the season pass which I think I'll do tonight. Quite looking forward to giving it a go!

is the season pass still 50% off?

Corporal Hicks

As of looking right now, yep.

ah good, I was worried you hadn't got it during the sale, but since the sale is still on, and I saw in your other thread that you got it, no worries :)

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. Was pretty pleased with a 50% off.  ;D

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2014, 09:56:11 AM
Indeed. Was pretty pleased with a 50% off.  ;D
I was kind of annoyed that I bought it with a 25% off coupon not long ago, seems insane to do 50% off when the second of 4 DLCs has only just come out!

Corporal Hicks

All the better for us! Best time to get it if you're interested in Survivor. I wonder how well the DLC is selling?

Xenoscream

Does any of this:

"Racked with guilt and feeling responsible for bringing the creature on board, she holds herself liable for the death and destruction that ravages the station as the Alien is unleashed.

Wanting to ensure that her research on the creature can never fall into the wrong hands, Lingard sets out to destroy all the data and do as much as she can to help the remaining survivors."

Actually happen?

ikarop

Yeah, it does. That description provides more context than the game itself tho.

predxeno

I finally got the time to give the DLC a playthrough and I have to say these Survivor levels and a LOT harder than the main campaign.  Hell, every time I got on a level with the Alien, it always seems to know where I am.  I think the developers may have tipped the new levels in favor of the Alien; when an Alien repeatedly returns to the room you happen to be in on multiple plays and never seems to go anywhere else, things start looking suspicious.

Xenoscream

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 10, 2014, 07:34:10 AM
I finally got the time to give the DLC a playthrough and I have to say these Survivor levels and a LOT harder than the main campaign.  Hell, every time I got on a level with the Alien, it always seems to know where I am.  I think the developers may have tipped the new levels in favor of the Alien; when an Alien repeatedly returns to the room you happen to be in on multiple plays and never seems to go anywhere else, things start looking suspicious.

It did this to me on Hard mode in the campaign, it always knew where I was and would patrol in and around the room until I either waited for ages for it to go away for made a break for it. One tactic I learned was to just keep moving (walking obvs) and often it will be one step behind you when it comes out of the vents.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenoscream on Dec 10, 2014, 09:35:09 AMIt did this to me on Hard mode in the campaign, it always knew where I was and would patrol in and around the room until I either waited for ages for it to go away for made a break for it. One tactic I learned was to just keep moving (walking obvs) and often it will be one step behind you when it comes out of the vents.

Yeah, on hard it's a persistent bastard. You have to try and slip away while it patrols your general area. On easier difficulties it'll wander away almost immediately. In fact I barely saw it on my easy run.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed