Prometheus 2 after The Martian?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Nov 25, 2014, 10:33:03 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 after The Martian? (Read 1,793 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Apparently, Ridley Scott is not the director of Blade Runner 2:

When "The Martian" wraps later this winter, Scott already has a fair idea what he'll be doing next, though it likely won't be the much-anticipated "Blade Runner" sequel he developed with the original film's co-screenwriter, Hampton Fancher. "We talked at length about what it could be, and came up with a pretty strong three-act storyline, and it all makes sense in terms of how it relates to the first one," says Scott, who adds that fans can expect to see Harrison Ford back in the saddle as the futuristic gumshoe Rick Deckard. "Harrison is very much part of this one, but really it's about finding him; he comes in in the third act." Per Scott, that Alcon Entertainment production should go before the cameras within the next year, but with someone else directing (he'll produce).

SM

SM

Wonder who they'll get.

Gazz

Gazz

Prometheus 2 certainly became more likely as his next choice post The Martian. Especially given his recent comments.

Nightmare Asylum

Curious about who would be directing Blade Runner 2.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Gazz on Nov 25, 2014, 10:48:15 PM
Prometheus 2 certainly became more likely as his next choice post The Martian. Especially given his recent comments.

I hope so, because Riddles could leave the seat of the director, and being the producer of Prometheus 2, as in the case of Blade Runner 2.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 25, 2014, 10:53:05 PM
Curious about who would be directing Blade Runner 2.

Wachowski brothers!  :laugh:

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Consider this, no other material came after blade runner other than maybe a book or two or three.
BR is such a huge gamble, you know the marketability of a film like it is very shady at the moment.
I think if BR sequels come out it would be at the forefront of some very major productions that help the genre or a lack of genre movies those of which that will bore the snot out  of you.
Prometheus 2 is still mewing about and there is more hype for Giger's monster than there is for ...i don't know a poetic origami unicorn.

The cast of blade runner's sequel will probably spoil those who were fans of the original simply because it was released at a different time then and those stars really had their moment. I don't think they could pull off another lineup like that. It was more haunting than magical really.

my pessimism is needed.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Nov 25, 2014, 10:33:03 PM

It's now a Scott free production.  :D

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 26, 2014, 06:43:49 PM

But he is not the director of the film, producing and directing are not the same thing.  ;)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Nov 26, 2014, 10:20:35 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 26, 2014, 06:43:49 PM

But he is not the director of the film, producing and directing are not the same thing.  ;)

SMH.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed