The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 236,169 times)

The Alien Predator

I am curious if Tim knows of any plans he's allowed to hint to us about other alien races showing up. What was the significance of mentioning the Arcturians for instance? Was the idea of introducing a new alien race (like the Dog-Aliens) his own or did Fox ask him to add more aliens?

Out of the Shadows introduces us to the Dog-Aliens.

Sea of Sorrows mentions Arcturians and "loads of aliens" plus the Dog-Aliens.

River of Pain mentions trading with Arcturians and then "friendly and hostile aliens".

Predator: Incursion adds "friendly, hostile and indifferent aliens" and once more mentions the Dog-Aliens while introducing the
Spoiler
Faze
[close]
who may or may not be sapient.

Alien: Invasion not only mentions Arcturians, but introduces the idea of humans settling with them and forsaking their humanity. And again Dog-Aliens are mentioned and the
Spoiler
Faze
[close]
is expanded upon.

Could we expect anymore teases like this in Armageddon? Or in Aliens: Bug Hunts?

I'm just really curious as I recall someone mentioning one of the authors saying that there were plans for them, when he was asked about the Arcturians. I think it was James A. Moore who said it since we were all curious as to why he mentioned them in Sea of Sorrows for the first time in a long time. I wonder if Tim knows anything about that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My Invasion review is up. I really enjoyed this one. On par with Incursion for me.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/alien-invasion/

The Alien Predator

That was a great review, Hicks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Xenoethan

Great review, as always, of Invasion. I'm about halfway through Incursion and just ordered Invasion and I'm really excited to see how this all plays out, I think these books have been the best Alien/Predator books in a while.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for the kind words. What I'm really enjoying is how different they feel to the other novels. Make them feel refreshing in terms of Alien and Predator.

The Alien Predator

I agree with that. It feels very different and yet, quite familiar. It's done in a sensible and fitting way that feels so believable.

LordCassusSnow

I wonder why no mention of Engineers this far in the future? Are we going to get a surprise Prometheus book after Aliens vs Predator Armageddon? I mean, everything since Prometheus has been Alien, Predator, Prometheus and Aliens vs Predator though not in that order. So whats the deal? Some elements seem Engineery but nothings been out right confirmed.

Ultramorph

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 22, 2016, 02:19:05 AM
I wonder why no mention of Engineers this far in the future? Are we going to get a surprise Prometheus book after Aliens vs Predator Armageddon? I mean, everything since Prometheus has been Alien, Predator, Prometheus and Aliens vs Predator though not in that order. So whats the deal? Some elements seem Engineery but nothings been out right confirmed.

I hope we get a Prometheus novel at some point. I would love to see what LV-223 looks like in the 27th century.

As far as why the Engineers aren't mentioned, I think that even that far in the future, only a handful of top WY execs even know about the Engineers.

The Alien Predator

I also hope we get a Prometheus novel after the Rage Wars. It could be set after, like the 28th century or even 29th or 30th.

SM

There won't be any major Prometheus stuff while they're in the middle of making a movie.  All the Engineer activity has been confined to LV-223.

The Alien Predator

This thread has been pretty quiet lately.

When can we expect a synopsis for the third book?  :)

You have a point SM. they'll probably explore it more after this film is done, or a few more films fleshing out the Engineers.

Ultramorph

I check Amazon every morning to see if the summary has gone up yet.  :laugh: We'll probably get it in a month or two, it might have spoilers.

Really looking forward to Lebbon's story in Bug Hunt!

Nostromo

Wish these novels came in 6-12 comics or one nice thick Trade Paperback Graphic Novel with pictures...

Ultramorph

A comic or graphic novel set in the Rage War time period is currently the thing I wish for most from the literature end of things.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 15, 2016, 06:47:39 PM
A comic or graphic novel set in the Rage War time period is currently the thing I wish for most from the literature end of things.

Same here. My life would be complete if they do this.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed