The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 236,760 times)

HuDaFuK

I actually really liked his one. Thought the idea of these guys being conscious but totally unable to control themselves during the whole thing was pretty creepy.

SM

Sadly lacking in even a hint of what it was all about though.

Wweyland

I must admit that Johnny Mains is a cool sci-fi name but probably it was just his friends name.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jul 11, 2018, 09:05:49 AMSadly lacking in even a hint of what it was all about though.

Fair, but it didn't really bother me. I don't necessarily expect a short story to fill in all the blanks with its limited run time.

SM

Short stories proper resolutions.  It could've been as if the 'spitting zombies' were acting like units in a game, tying it to the marines gaming obsession mentioned at the start.  It was just another 'meh' story, in a sea of 'meh' stories.

Wweyland

Not loving the chapters that introduce a new character (there is already so many) only to kill them off at the end of the chapter. Getting predictable that an administrator by the name of McBrain ain't gonna live long.

Corporal Hicks

Some cool fan concepts for the Predator spacesuits.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OymLyb

Ultramorph

Cool stuff! Rage War graphic novel when?

The Old One

The Old One

Those are cool indeed, I wish the trilogy was nearly as good as that artwork.
But obviously it inspired someone!

razeak

I finished the trilogy a few days ago. Overall I liked it.

Johnny Mains was pretty cool. The concepts introduced were kind of Trekkie (faze). The last 3rd of book 3 was pretty intense. It had on off page death that I would have been I terested to read considering the characters lack of legs. The other  2 books seem to be in the fog of my memory a bit. I'll revisit in a few years.

Ultramorph

The third book was definitely a wild ride. I'm still hoping we get some sort of comic adaptation at some point. I want to see Yaquita and that Predator wormhole/sun base. Can't believe it's been 3 years since the first book.

The Old One

The Old One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ2MOP6XYDw

100% Correct on the Space Jockey

Kradan

I love Rage War.

SuperiorIronman

Kradan

Very Fugitive-like in shape.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed