The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 236,080 times)

The Alien Predator

Good points guys, that's how I imagine it as well, we've explored 2% but inhabit less than that.

I wouldn't be surprised if humans occupy over a million worlds, but most of these are simply outposts or small settlements and towns.

The worlds with huge cities would be far fewer in numbers.

Wweyland

I am a bit late to the party, just finished the first book. Great and imaginative action around and on the Predator Habitat, a bit unsure about the other plot lines but will see how they unfold in the other books. Nice cameo for Aaron Percival in the end.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I only just got around to reading the first book. Loved it though. Nice change of style from the typical Alien/Predator novel. Really looking forward to picking up the other two and seeing where it goes.

Wweyland

Any other forum user name-cameos in these books?

Ultramorph

Don't think there's any other forum members, but most of the names are real people Lebbon knows.

HuDaFuK

Mains' ship in Incursion was called the Ocshe, while there was also mention of a Marine named Golden - both of whom are Alien/Predator authors.

SM

Navarro pops up too (Yvonne Navarro is married to Weston Ochse).

HuDaFuK

Interestingly, depending on when they actually started working on Bug Hunt, I'm not sure Weston Ochse had actually written a story for the franchise when Incursion came out.

SM

But Hunt was his first.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jul 10, 2018, 09:59:33 PM
But Hunt was his first.

Does that "but" come with 2 t's?  ;)

SM

:laugh:

The perils of sausage fingers and a very small phone keyboard.

The two t version is no doubt an upcoming Chuck Tingle book.

426Buddy

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 10, 2018, 09:31:43 PM
Interestingly, depending on when they actually started working on Bug Hunt, I'm not sure Weston Ochse had actually written a story for the franchise when Incursion came out.

That was another one I really wasn't keen on in Bug Hunt.  :(

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 10, 2018, 05:28:18 PM
Any other forum user name-cameos in these books?

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 10, 2018, 05:53:12 PM
Don't think there's any other forum members, but most of the names are real people Lebbon knows.

I think it was mostly just people off Tim's Facebook. I recall him saying something like that when he was writing the books.

SM

I think Ochse's one was the 'spitting disease' or whatever it was.  Started out okay, but quickly went wtf?

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, some weird zombie creatures or something. That anthology had some genuine potential that was just all over the place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed