Interstellar & Prometheus 2 : Ridley Should Take Note

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Nov 17, 2014, 04:39:08 PM

Author
Interstellar & Prometheus 2 : Ridley Should Take Note (Read 1,637 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

I've been absolutely obsessed with Interstellar. I'm a lover science fiction, but this film has made me stop and take note.

Prometheus and Interstellar trade in different stock, but what I gravitate to in Interstellar is that Christopher Nolan crafted a film that is epic in every way, creating what I believe is a masterpiece of a film, the like of which we haven't seen since Blade Runner or ALIEN or 2001: A Space Odyssey.

My hope is that Ridley Scott has seen Interstellar and learns that score is important, that intelligent characters are important. Prometheus 2 is in a good position to be better then PROMETHEUS. There's a lot of great stories being told, and I want the next film to succeed.  I hope those in control at Fox, realize what's important.

Gash

I liked the fact that the space ships were silent in space. Made a pleasant change that echoed 2001. Early hypersleep was interesting too.

But as a film I thought it was merely ok. Not stellar. 

whiterabbit

Oh crap I completely forgot that I wanted to watch this movie. I'll remedy that tomorrow. However...
Spoiler
Is it true that some other dimensional beings where in it but unable to communicate? I guess that could be cool but it sounds stupid as hell.
[close]

SpaceMarines

Actually, the issues I had with Interstellar were very similar to the issues I had with Prometheus.

Likewise, what I loved about both films was also very similar.

bioweapon

I dont think Ridley has to take note, I mean he did those 2 movies you mentioned similar as 2001. I guess he thinks hes doing the right thing but the reality is that he lost the hability to make another masterpiece... i dunno why... maybe he is old... grandpa wants to  make pg-13 movies now.... ;D

now 2001 is THE MASTERPIECE of ALL TIME... almost 50 years and nothing comes even close

Corporal Hicks

The thing is Alien was very much a collaborative film. The success didn't all rest upon Ridley's shoulders. With Prometheus, he wasn't surrounded by the abundance of talent as he was with Alien - looking at you Lindalof!

bioweapon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2015, 09:04:35 AM
The thing is Alien was very much a collaborative film. The success didn't all rest upon Ridley's shoulders. With Prometheus, he wasn't surrounded by the abundance of talent as he was with Alien - looking at you Lindalof!

dunno.. I mean he was director and have final call in all áreas... at the end he is the one chosing the script, the pace of editing... music...acting, everything. dont know the preproduction time and comparison between alien and prometheus... I sense Ridley was taking good chunk of time for doing this film so it was not a matter of time or money to put a good team.

What maybe happened is that Giger was having power to influence a lot of what was happening... I mean RS never did another movie like Alien besides blade runner. I have to read more in the alien fórum.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed