Started by ikarop, Nov 13, 2014, 01:19:32 AM

Author
Patch 1.1 (Read 9,452 times)

Taxemic

Taxemic

Nice to see they're adressing PS3 and 360 issues too  :-\

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Apparently this has royally f*cked the PS4 version for a lot of people.

Darkness

Darkness

I'm hearing reports of frequent crashes and saved game corruptions on PS4. Looks like they'll have to release a patch for the patch.  :P

Sounds like a proper patch for the other bugs is a long way off.

Edit: They've removed the PS4 patch now. They said that it's causing issues with Mission 5.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Glad to see they're fixing the game's issues (aside from this PS4 problem), but what about PC, 360 and PS3 users? :-\

I'd REALLY like it if they added player character shadows and reflections as well as player character interaction animations for ALL game world interact-able objects.

Jango1201

Jango1201

I'm really shocked that shadows of all things was overlooked. Or was there another reason why they didn't put them in? Regarding the patch, it annoys me that the PS4 patch is buggy as hell. Guess I just have to tough it out.  :-\

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Truly. I can't believe something like shadows cast by the player is missing in a game like Alien: Isolation. That's just criminal. CA needs to implement something along the lines of Destiny's player-cast shadows. Those are superb. Likewise, no player reflections in mirrors is just wrong.

I hope they can get these issues with the PS4 patch sorted out quick, too. I'm really surprised by this whole situation.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Jango1201 on Nov 13, 2014, 11:41:31 PMI'm really shocked that shadows of all things was overlooked. Or was there another reason why they didn't put them in? Regarding the patch, it annoys me that the PS4 patch is buggy as hell. Guess I just have to tough it out.  :-\

Perhaps something to do with hiding from the Alien? If you're squatting under a table but casting a big shadow on the floor it would've been a bit silly to have the Alien just ignore it, and having it react to your shadow might make hiding impossible.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 14, 2014, 08:40:43 AM
Quote from: Jango1201 on Nov 13, 2014, 11:41:31 PMI'm really shocked that shadows of all things was overlooked. Or was there another reason why they didn't put them in? Regarding the patch, it annoys me that the PS4 patch is buggy as hell. Guess I just have to tough it out.  :-\

Perhaps something to do with hiding from the Alien? If you're squatting under a table but casting a big shadow on the floor it would've been a bit silly to have the Alien just ignore it, and having it react to your shadow might make hiding impossible.
I thought about that, but I feel it's more silly for the player to not cast any shadows nor a reflection.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Nov 14, 2014, 09:04:47 AMI thought about that, but I feel it's more silly for the player to not cast any shadows nor a reflection.

I didn't even notice I had no shadow. Far too busy pooping myself. :laugh:

Taxemic

Taxemic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 14, 2014, 09:57:13 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Nov 14, 2014, 09:04:47 AMI thought about that, but I feel it's more silly for the player to not cast any shadows nor a reflection.

I'm with you on that. Can't say it's ever bothered me. No patch for 360 however - does.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 14, 2014, 09:57:13 AM

:laugh:

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

No word on the PC-version?

Taxemic

Taxemic

QuoteWe are working on bringing an update to fix a number of other in-game issues and will announce distribution dates for this as soon as possible. We are intending to address issues across all platforms. This of course includes previous gen.

http://forums.alienisolation.com/forum/main-category/official-updates/29073-patch-for-last-gen

ikarop

ikarop

It's all really odd. This patch is being called both 1.1 and 1.02 on the official forums. They still haven't addressed the day one patch which is advertised on the Sega support site and was supposed to fix this same thing. Also there was an update on PC a few weeks ago that came with no notes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed