Dark Star: H.R. Giger Documentary

Started by GQSioux, Nov 05, 2014, 09:11:05 PM

Author
Dark Star: H.R. Giger Documentary (Read 11,192 times)

GQSioux

GQSioux

Corporal Hicks

Horror website, Dread Central, has posted up an article about an upcoming documentary about the legendary H.R Giger:

“One of the greatest and most influential artists who ever lived, H.R. Giger is a fascinating man to say the very least, and the documentary film Dark Star: H.R. Giger's World looks to explore every facet of his life and talent.

Directed by Belinda Sallin, the film features interviews with Giger himself along with Carmen Maria Giger, Stanislav Grof, Hans H. Kunz, Leslie Barany, Paul Tobler,Tom Gabriel Fischer, Carmen Scheifele de Vega, Mia Bonzanigo, Andreas J. Hirsch, Marco Witzig, Sandra Beretta, and Müggi III.”

The documentary is already in cinemas in Switzerland. No word as to if it will be released online yet. You can check out the official website at darkstar-movie.com.

Update: I have spoken to the team behind Dark Star and they have advised that the film is looking at release in Germany and Austria in January of 2015. They hope to be able to bring the documentary out in more countries after that. They are also looking at a DVD release at the end of 2015.

Corporal Hicks

I have spoken to the team behind Dark Star and they have advised that the film is looking at release in Germany and Austria in January of 2015. They hope to be able to bring the documentary out in more countries after that. They are also looking at a DVD release at the end of 2015.

Darkness

Pity it won't be released online for free. How long is it?

locusta

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. I believe it's a professional production for cinematic release. Not sure as to the length either.

locusta

As stated on IMDB it´s 95 min, so called full length feature.

Darwinsgirl

I wonder if they realized when they chose the beginning of the title for this the connection to Dan O'Bannon,John Carpenter & ALIEN? You cannot copyright a title. Was intentional or its just a coincidence?

locusta

Good point. Was asking myself as well, but on the second thought it is super fitting title. He was a star in the shadows, not only that he lived like it, but unfortunately because the "system" did not give him further public respect or recognition.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Thought you guys might be interested in this. Dark Star: H.R. Giger's World is a documentary about the man behind the Xenomorph.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29e6le_dark-star-h-r-giger-s-world-trailer_shortfilms

Sozin

Sozin

Just saw this in an article over at Cracked. Will definitely check it out. :)

Samayel

Samayel

This is essential viewing.

GQSioux

GQSioux

New poster and some release dates. I saw it yesterday. Loved every second of it.

http://www.inkedmag.com/exclusive-giger/

Corporal Hicks

You may recall that I previously posted about an upcoming documentary about H.R Giger called Dark Star. Inked has just posted an exclusive look at the poster for the documentary:

“The poster was designed by Mika Komoto, which is actually an up close detail of one of Giger's masterful paintings ["Li II"] which can be found at his museum in Gruyeres, Switzerland. According to Dark Star's official website, the "Spell Room" was Giger's favorite part of his museum. In his later years, he rarely visited the museum, but he managed to pay a visit one last time during the filming of this documentary—which is one of the many reasons to see this captivating film”

050215_01 Dark Star: H.R Giger's World Poster

Be sure to check out the Dark Star homepage for screening details. Thanks to Gilbert Macias for the tip.

Nightmare Asylum

Don't know how I missed this. Great poster.

Hoping for an American release of this soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed