What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 546,311 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 09, 2018, 12:27:17 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 09, 2018, 12:16:04 PMJust bleach your hair, it will match then  :laugh:

Vis ze blue eyes, I could look like ze proper Aryan, ja?! :P

Nine! you must alzo be villing to zrow a shite fit at ze polish boordah! And don't fogett, to yell everyzink! It's not enough to look ze part, you must sell it!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 09, 2018, 03:36:41 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 09, 2018, 12:10:12 PM
Job Agencies are useless.

I signed up for one. I got a text from them this morning saying saying

"We may have Bar Work for you. Are you Free????"

That was it, no info on the day or days itll be, where it is, what I'd need. Nothing. FFS

This I see this from a different angle. Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away. I was an employer. 1st they're asking are you available? You could have found employment. 2nd bar work is not what you want maybe as a last resort. 3rd they may have hours available that could work around YOUR schedule. :) None of this can happen until they know if your still available. What this says to me is I would like to employ you is this possible? That they have contacted you is YOU were chosen. You don't offer a job to somebody you don't want working for you. Just saying  ;)

P.S.

(Potential job)  :)

I get what you mean, but there is a follow up to this now. I rang them back and asked them for details of the job all the stuff. He said there were three days available. I could work two of them, he said that was fine. I then asked him for the rest of the details, like where is the job, what would I be doing, location what uniform would I need to bring if any. He then said I don't have that info, but ill text you all the details. I said that was fine.

I haven't heard anything from them since. I tried contacting but when I got through they said the guy had gone home for the day and they didn't know what temp work he had put my way. One of the days was today but I cant do the job if I don't have the information

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Well sounds as if this particular job may have been filled.  :-\   Though this could possibly change if they are not satisfied with the person,they can't do the shifts or another position opens up. By contacting them they know your serious about wanting to work even if that job was filled. A plus in your favor as often people won't  bother with returning calls. It's a process that can be a pain. I hope the right job for you shows up soon.  :)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Fingers crossed

Huggs

Huggs

Due to a substantial lack of essential nutrients and a heap ton of stress, my right eye started twitching at work today. Oh, how lovely it was to make all of those people think I was winking at them. At one point, I genuinely feared that I was about to be molested by a rather harsh woman of significant size. Alas, I was able to disappear behind some non-perishable items, and preserve my dignity. That is, until my coworkers noticed I was in some manner of distress, and discovered the cause.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

:D

I'm glad you escaped the potential mating ritual of the female species living large. I hope you are writing these adventures down aside from here. You've got material for short stories or a blog on working in retail.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 14, 2018, 03:15:35 AM
Due to a substantial lack of essential nutrients and a heap ton of stress, my right eye started twitching at work today. Oh, how lovely it was to make all of those people think I was winking at them. At one point, I genuinely feared that I was about to be molested by a rather harsh woman of significant size. Alas, I was able to disappear behind some non-perishable items, and preserve my dignity. That is, until my coworkers noticed I was in some manner of distress, and discovered the cause.
Huggs! Huggs, we got Huggs hiding right here miss!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 14, 2018, 11:03:57 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 14, 2018, 03:15:35 AM
http://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/505490420378632194/79jSL33y_400x400.jpeg

Now, I'll be the first to admit I like me some big gals. But ironically. in this instance, she actually did look like Dennis. And I happen to know this particular woman to be rather ruthless. She makes great mashed potatoes though.

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 14, 2018, 10:00:57 AM

I hope you are writing these adventures down aside from here. You've got material for short stories or a blog on working in retail.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.  ;)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 14, 2018, 01:58:31 PM
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.  ;)

I can only imagine... :o  For all the challenges its the characters & the kind you always remember :)

Huggs

Huggs

Went to the doc today because I've been putting it off for years again. All because of my "white coat syndrome". Naturally, I was about ready to jump clean out of my skin while they were taking my blood pressure. I was so worked up, my arteries could've power washed concrete. I'd hoped I'd finally gotten past that, but I guess not. I'm not exactly sure why I have that reaction.

I've been told I had some rather bad experiences at doctors as a little kid. Apparently, my folks once brought me to see an ER doctor during an emergency. The guy was drunk, and came at me with a needle, before my dad got ahold of him. Maybe that's what did it? I don't know. But it sure was embarrassing being there for a blood pressure appointment today and having a panic attack that almost sent me into orbit. Hell of a thing for a full grown man to have to deal with. And it made my BP look even worse than it is. I see these people from the clinic all the time where I work, and now they know I freak out at the doctors office and have HBP. I feel ashamed, and embarrassed.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Was supposed to be going airsofting on Thursday for a pistols and shotguns evening but it's been cancelled.  :'(

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

It probably would have only been a bug hunt anyway....

kidding aside, that does suck, it is good to have hobbies and outdoor activities, not fun when events and circumstances conspire to get in your way.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Surrounded by f**king ineptitude at work.

The Old One

The Old One

Been prescribed the wrong medication for nearly a year as it turns out, bye-bye £1000+.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 19, 2018, 11:08:04 AM
Been prescribed the wrong medication for nearly a year as it turns out, bye-bye £1000+.

Yikes!   That's no small co pay. Main thing is your health is OK.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed