What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 585,783 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 04, 2017, 03:39:23 PMWho was that?

I honestly can't remember, it wasn't me who found out. As far as I'm aware, he packed it in when we called him on it.

Russ840

Russ840

Trivial compared to some but my copy of T2 3D never turned up today  :(

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 04, 2017, 08:26:38 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 04, 2017, 04:49:13 AM
I spent the better part of the last three hours reporting stolen YouTube videos.  >:(

Your own work? I've seen there some drama around a YouTuber who is pretty much copying and translating the videos of Mr_H, and Alien Theory and Hybrid Network into Spanish and reposting them as their own. f**king shitty move.  :-\

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Dec 04, 2017, 12:49:53 PM
That is certainly no good, KH.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 04, 2017, 03:34:30 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 04, 2017, 04:49:13 AMI spent the better part of the last three hours reporting stolen YouTube videos.  >:(

Stuff like that really winds me up. We recently had issues with a guy on YouTube literally reading out pages from the wiki verbatim and passing them off as his own work.

No worries, guys. YouTube actually did something right for a change and took all the videos down. It turned out to be three channels doing it who not only stole a bunch of vlogs (one of which someone tried to pass off as a Chris Stuckman review ::) ), as well as my Screenplay Archaeology episodes. Turns out someone was stealing Deusdaecon's reviews as well, and YouTube is taking care of that, too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Glad to hear it mate. It's never a nice situation to be in when others are stealing your work.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Glad it got sorted

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Looks like my theater won't be showing The Disaster Artist...

Spoiler
[close]

SM

SM

QuoteStuff like that really winds me up. We recently had issues with a guy on YouTube literally reading out pages from the wiki verbatim and passing them off as his own work.

I find a lot of Alien Theory stuff is heavy on reading out stuff verbatim and light on attribution.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Can you remember any specific videos?

SM

SM

Here's one.

He's just reading verbatim from the Weyland timeline and WYR (and somehow gets a couple of bits wrong).  Most of his videos that aren't opinion pieces, just recite from other sources while rarely citing them.

It's laughably rich that he's now moaning about someone copying him, when he's created a channel copying the work of others before him.  The one about 'How do Aliens see', simply repeats the theories we were talking about at Gamegossip over 15 years ago.

reamhold

reamhold

Decisions I have to make regarding my career....

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Apparently PayPal retried a payment and the bank granted it (now in the red), but PayPal says I still owe it? Time to really bitch up a storm to PayPal :laugh:

edit: It went through via Paypal confirmation. They win, for now. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I got an email from the store I brought my new airsoft gun from. There was a stock mistake and they didn't actually have it in stock.  :'(

Also had a bad night, barely slept and I feel like shite.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 21, 2017, 08:24:12 AM
I got an email from the store I brought my new airsoft gun from. There was a stock mistake and they didn't actually have it in stock.  :'(

post a pic of your family photo (airsoft guns) in the airsoft thread

SM

SM

"Anybody ever tell..."

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Dec 22, 2017, 04:46:42 AM

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/alienanthology/images/9/96/J.T._Parkeralien.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120120085653

"Anybody ever tell..."

Thanks mate.  :laugh:

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Dec 22, 2017, 03:39:25 AM

post a pic of your family photo (airsoft guns) in the airsoft thread

I'm going to have to re-arrange my storage shortly anyway so I'll try and grab one then. I've got 10 RIFs atm but I'm selling 2 of them to make room for/pay a little towards my new one. I managed to find it in stock at a different website. Should be here tomorrow or today.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed