What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 546,485 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Are you doing any exercides that strengthen the lower back? Sure depending on the pain it might be impossible, I know people that solved pain caused by herniated discs through squatting and deadlifting. Not with low heavy reps of course.

Issues with discs don't heal back to what they were but unless its a severe case, if you doing a good treatment any discomfort should eventually go completely away and one can at least feel as its normal again. I had a lower back strain some years ago, which led to sciatic nerve pain, I spent some months resting then builded my strenght back from the empty bar. Now its all gone.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 03, 2019, 02:34:41 AM
I'm out bruh, I only do that stuff in my dreams.

I thought maybe you did it for fun now.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 03, 2019, 03:54:19 AM
Are you doing any exercides that strengthen the lower back? Sure depending on the pain it might be impossible, I know people that solved pain caused by herniated discs through squatting and deadlifting. Not with low heavy reps of course.

Issues with discs don't heal back to what they were but unless its a severe case, if you doing a good treatment any discomfort should eventually go completely away and one can at least feel as its normal again. I had a lower back strain some years ago, which led to sciatic nerve pain, I spent some months resting then builded my strenght back from the empty bar. Now its all gone.

I strength train and have a back routine every thursday or friday depending on when I take my off day. 

I think part of the problem is where its at, it puts pressure on it if I stand, sit, or lay down, and the other part is my other three days of the week I do cardio, which I run, and the pounding on the pavement isn't good for it.

I still haven't convinced myself that I'm going to stay out of the Army, and going back in without having good cardio is absolute torture when you get down to company level pt.  Motherf**kers will have you running everywhere.  I know this because I joined without having run more than a mile at any one time in my life.  It sucked.  Bad.  As a matter of fact any future service members, do better than I did, and run your ass off before you get to your initial training.  I was dyin' on up until like the eighth week. 

Even though I plan on doing something super POG/FOBBIT level if I reenlist. 

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 03, 2019, 04:06:25 AM

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 03, 2019, 02:34:41 AM
I'm out bruh, I only do that stuff in my dreams.

I thought maybe you did it for fun now.

That's crazy talk.  I had two MOS and a mos immaterial deployment (meaning every MOS that wanted to deploy with our battalion could have went)  and hanging c wire is the LEAST FUN THING I ever did.  I'd rather repeat basic/ait cleaning the shitter sessions than hang c wire and I'm not lying.  I'd rather pull 12 hour radio watch.  i hated it.  And because I was a good TL if I saw my guys struggling to put triple strand up my guilty conscious would get the best of me and I'd have to help them.    So I couldn't get out of it even when I was able. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 02, 2019, 08:04:05 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 02, 2019, 09:42:33 AM
Turns out I got rid of most of my older posters. No Japanese AvPR poster.  :'(

I still have a tube full of them somewhere.

I remember when I came home, was living with my parents at the time and there was like 20 tubes at the bottom of the stairs when I got home. I liked that trivia quiz.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 03, 2019, 12:52:43 AM
I remember the trivia game, I think it was one of the reasons I joined.

Won that AvP omnibus that I already owned because I knew all the comic answers having had all of them up until that point, but it was still cool.

On the unhappy side, I need some smallish person to come stand on my back, it hurts.

Yeah, that trivia game was so much fun. I think all me and D were eligible for were the posters because we're in the UK? I'd won a f**k tonne of them too, but I think I must have culled them during a previous move or clean-out.

Don't suppose one of your spares could make its way over to me?

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, I'll have a look and see what condition they're in. Then I'll have to procure a tube from somewhere. If you'd have asked me last year, I'd have had a handful of spare tubes but I got rid of them.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Danke. Appreciated.

TheSailingRabbit

Internet router is ass. So glad we're getting a new one Thursday. Piece of crap won't turn on, so I'm using my data right after it resets for the month.

The Old One

The Old One

Injection.

Huggs

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 03, 2019, 09:20:38 AM
Danke. Appreciated.

Well, the good news is I have four posters left - two of them are in perfect condition. I don't know where to get a postal tube from. I popped into my whsmiths/post office today and they didn't have any.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yay for a good one! I used to get mine from Office Deport, or Rymans, places like that. Otherwise I can just mail you an empty one.

The Old One

The Old One

FiM Ended.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Sep 05, 2019, 03:30:31 PM
FiM Ended.

Functional Independence Measure?

[cancerblack]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed