What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 546,341 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Audacity is being a glitchy prick right now.

Wysps

Wysps

Went hiking the other day and apparently sat on a chigger nest.  Bites everywhere, arms, legs, torso, delicates  :'( I may need to get a steroid shot in one grouping because of how bad the swelling is.  I love nature, but sometimes I just can't stand it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 24, 2018, 10:36:10 PM
Went hiking the other day and apparently sat on a chigger nest.  Bites everywhere, arms, legs, torso, delicates  :'( I may need to get a steroid shot in one grouping because of how bad the swelling is.  I love nature, but sometimes I just can't stand it.

Those things are awful. I try and stay out of fields during the spring and summer just for this reason. That's why I bust out the craftsman lawn mower, and bend nature to my whim.  :D

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 24, 2018, 10:42:49 PM

Those things are awful. I try and stay out of fields during the spring and summer just for this reason. That's why I bust out the craftsman lawn mower, and bend nature to my whim.  :D

I wish I was more careful.  Living in the South, I know the risks and should have taken better care of not sitting on anything!  Still worth the hike but ughhh...this is going to be a horrendous next couple of weeks.  I think it's the price we pay for living in such a gorgeous area though, right?  :-\ 

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 24, 2018, 10:49:53 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 24, 2018, 10:42:49 PM

I wish I was more careful.  Living in the South, I know the risks and should have taken better care of not sitting on anything!  Still worth the hike but ughhh...this is going to be a horrendous next couple of weeks.  I think it's the price we pay for living in such a gorgeous area though, right?  :-\

Hit them with alcohol asap. Some folks use fingernail polish or super glue, but cottonballs with some isopropyl alcohol quiet em down for me.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Sometimes I really enjoy living in a country where there's basically nothing that can do you any serious damage lol.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 25, 2018, 05:30:27 PM
Sometimes I really enjoy living in a country where there's basically nothing that can do you any serious damage lol.

Except politics  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Touché.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 25, 2018, 05:30:27 PM

Yes there is that.  :-\

Though I can relate to this as I love the outdoors.

Being in the woods restores my spirit. :) 

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 24, 2018, 10:49:53 PM

The South does have more poisonous animals than were I am. But it is very beautiful. Ticks are what I come across here more here than chiggers. Hope you get relief soon. :)

Huggs

Huggs

Getting ready to go vote and then get this tooth ripped out of my head. Had to take a day off to do it. Not exactly looking forward to that experience and the loss of a day on my paycheck. And I just found out there's a funeral I need to attend tomorrow, so I'll need to hit the ice pack hard tonight.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I knew Ken Penders was a massive reason that everything changed for the Sonic series at Archie comics and was the start of Archie losing the licence a few years later,
but I had no idea how badly he screwed them over. Claiming rights for nearly 250 separate characters, including alternate versions and ones he didn't actually create or whatever.
But then one footnote really got me. He created one character but decided not to claim her, but claimed her robot version so he could claim all other robot versions of characters.

What a Douche

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And so begins the four weeks I've been dreading all year. The manager of my day job is off for a month. I've gotta act up until he gets back. I'm the department supervisor anyway so it's not like I don't manage the minions anyway but I can't f**king stand dealing with senior management or directors or etc. The Director and Assistant Director were f**ked off at me last week because I didn't do something they never asked me to do and I had to go away and prove them wrong. I can't stand the politics of all that interaction. And I'm not getting paid for it because you gotta be doing it for longer than a month.

The day has barely started and I'm already booked into some stupid meeting tomorrow.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Just got word I may be laid off in six months...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That sucks. I've been there myself. My sympathies.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm sorry to hear, man. You looking for new stuff now?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed