What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 587,358 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What's a lie in?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Stay in bed, asleep past when you usually get up.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You should stay in bed and play ACM.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 28, 2018, 01:20:02 PM
You should stay in bed and play ACM.

That'll bring the sand man on alright.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Damn bloodsuckers got me again. This time they violated my, uhum, lower backside.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 02, 2018, 08:49:16 PM
Damn bloodsuckers got me again. This time they violated, uhum, lower backside.

You gotta watch out for those "Rumpyres" dude.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Went to visit my dying grandmother today. She has terminal cancer. She wasn't even sure if me and my brother were really there visiting her. Just kind of tore me up inside.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jul 03, 2018, 12:20:51 AM
Went to visit my dying grandmother today. She has terminal cancer. She wasn't even sure if me and my brother were really there visiting her. Just kind of tore me up inside.

My deepest sympathies. As someone who's lost all but 1 grandparent (my 97 year old grandmother) I know that's a very difficult time. Especially seeing your parent go through the loss of their own mother or father. It's even more difficult when the person doesn't know who their loved one's are or what's happening around them. All you can do is pray for a lucid moment, and let them know how much you love them. May the Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 03, 2018, 12:32:36 AM

My deepest sympathies. As someone who's lost all but 1 grandparent (my 97 year old grandmother) I know that's a very difficult time. Especially seeing your parent go through the loss of their own mother or father. It's even more difficult when the person doesn't know who their loved one's are or what's happening around them. All you can do is pray for a lucid moment, and let them know how much you love them. May the Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time.

Thanks man. It means a lot, it really does.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Really sorry to hear that dude. Its never a pleasant situation. My heart goes out to you

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Indeed, that is a difficult situation, hang in there.

What made me unhappy is this horrific hot, humid weather going on for a week. Yuck.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Really sorry to hear, man.

Huggs

Huggs

So I was getting ready to go into work today. Another friggin' 12 hour shift on a holiday. (I work every single holiday except Christmas day). So the boss calls me and tells me there won't be any trucks coming in today, and that they'll see me tomorrow. So I was able to enjoy about 15 minutes of my holiday with my family, when they call me back.

Bless em', they wanted to ask me if I still wanted hours today doing something else. I told them thanks, but I'd already made plans with my family since I was told to stay home. Now my freakin' family is all over me, pissed because I didn't take the hours back and go into work like a "team player". Yeah sure, while all my co-workers and family members who get every single holiday off get to stay home, yet again.

Geez almighty. Just had a new guy start, worked 2 days and asked for vacation, and got it. Had 4 people out last week (including the boss) because of weddings, vacations, and fishing. Where was I? Covering their shifts, while I've been recovering from pneumonia, by the way. God, it just flies all over me. Heaven forbid I get a holiday off too without being given the guilt treatment. I was about to post in the "what made you happy today" thread, but I sure can't say I'm gonna enjoy this holiday now. Guess I'll just have to wait for Christmas day, and hope for a better one.

PVTDukeMorrison

Was at the range today when buddy's rifle suffered from a catastrophic weapons failure. The muzzle break exploded sending shrapnel towards me and my other friend who were on either side of him shooting. We still have no idea how the part blew up. One of my buddies got a piece to the neck, that didn't puncture, but was so hot that it stuck to his neck. Meanwhile I got a two centimeter piece right in the bicep. Miraculously my friend that was behind the gun was unscathed. What's weird is that the wound didn't look that bad, then they pulled out the chunk of metal and I realized that if it went a few centimeters higher it could have hit me in the neck or head and killed me. What's more is that now my buddy's rifle, one that he put over $2000 into, needs to be re-barreled.

Mild Gore
Spoiler
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 09, 2018, 01:39:10 AM
Was at the range today when buddy's rifle suffered from a catastrophic weapons failure.

I didn't know Glock was making rifles.  :D

Glad to hear everybody was able to walk away safe. Nothing beats the best outcome. Feel better brother.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed