User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 339591 times)

Wysps
Apr 01, 2020, 11:49:28 PM
Reply #20070 on: Apr 01, 2020, 11:49:28 PM
Q
Same. The pollen drives me nuts, plus so much rain  :'(

My allergies have worsened in the last few years. I always end up with a sinus infection at some point and, as of last year, shortness of breath...

After over a month, we finally had a good rainstorm last nigh which has helped with the pollen! The 70 degree weather is also welcomed.

So that's where all our warm weather went!

Same with me though...plugged nose, sore throat, etc.  Like, exponentially over the past 5 years.  It's all just so Rude. :'( :laugh:

Kimarhi
Apr 09, 2020, 01:58:23 AM
Reply #20071 on: Apr 09, 2020, 01:58:23 AM
Q
Eat local honey. 

Huggs
Apr 09, 2020, 02:04:05 AM
Reply #20072 on: Apr 09, 2020, 02:04:05 AM
Q
I had a lovely fire going 3 minutes ago. But now a storm is upon me. All the powers of Odin are being loosed upon the land. The trees are bending from hurricane winds. I see a funnel cloud in the constant lightning. I can hear the sheets of rain rolling towards me across the barren fields.

Whoa s***, time to run.

TheSailingRabbit
Apr 09, 2020, 02:08:08 AM
Reply #20073 on: Apr 09, 2020, 02:08:08 AM
Q
I had a lovely fire going 3 minutes ago. But now a storm is upon me. All the powers of Odin are being loosed upon the land. The trees are bending from hurricane winds. I see a funnel cloud in the constant lightning. I can hear the sheets of rain rolling towards me across the barren fields.

Whoa s***, time to run.

Are you OK?

Huggs
Apr 09, 2020, 04:58:40 AM
Reply #20074 on: Apr 09, 2020, 04:58:40 AM
Q
Eat local honey.

I don't think he'd taste very good.

Whoa s***, time to run.

Are you OK?

Absolutely. Looking forward to round 2 in a few minutes.

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2020, 05:03:17 AM by Huggs »

Prez
Apr 09, 2020, 08:48:15 AM
Reply #20075 on: Apr 09, 2020, 08:48:15 AM
Q
Eat local honey.

I don't think he'd taste very good.

Whoa s***, time to run.

Are you OK?

Absolutely. Looking forward to round 2 in a few minutes.

A warm sunny and calm day in my home town. Stay safe.

The Eighth Passenger
Apr 09, 2020, 03:32:26 PM
Reply #20076 on: Apr 09, 2020, 03:32:26 PM
Q

Whoa s***, time to run.

Glad it made you happy today Huggs.

Huggs
Apr 09, 2020, 03:54:43 PM
Reply #20077 on: Apr 09, 2020, 03:54:43 PM
Q

Whoa s***, time to run.

Glad it made you happy today Huggs.

I love extreme weather.

By God I do love it so.

Huggs
Apr 11, 2020, 09:56:22 PM
Reply #20079 on: Apr 11, 2020, 09:56:22 PM
Q
A relaxing morning at the range. And more storms moving in.

[cancerblack]
Apr 14, 2020, 07:17:05 PM
Reply #20082 on: Apr 14, 2020, 07:17:05 PM
Q
I think Huggs is the only person on AvPG that is as happy as a lark right now.  :(

Actually, aside from one pretty minor inconvenience, I'm enjoying the hell out of this:

- physical distancing enforces my personal space, leading to massively reduced anxiety

- no societal expectations, leading to massively reduced anxiety

- all the normals going insane from staying home is funny (aside from the domestic violence bit...)

- TV and radio constantly doomsaying means they're actually entertaining for once

- I get to gloat about being right, ie; that this would be a huge deal

- power dynamic has shifted due to me being the member of the house allowed outside, giving me more agency

I actually haven't felt this good in a decade or more.

Huggs
Apr 14, 2020, 07:23:39 PM
Reply #20083 on: Apr 14, 2020, 07:23:39 PM
Q
I think Huggs is the only person on AvPG that is as happy as a lark right now.  :(

Actually, aside from one pretty minor inconvenience, I'm enjoying the hell out of this:

- physical distancing enforces my personal space, leading to massively reduced anxiety

- all the normals going insane from staying home is funny (aside from the domestic violence bit...)

- TV and radio constantly doomsaying means they're actually entertaining for once

- power dynamic has shifted due to me being the member of the house allowed outside, giving me more agency

I hear ya. You turn on the TV and they're like, "staying home is reducing the Curve. In other news, domestic abuse and suicide is up by 75%"

But out here in the country, nobody even talks to one another anyway and we all live far apart. So the world freaks out about social distancing, and out here we're all like "it's our time to shine baby"  :laugh:

« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2020, 07:25:24 PM by Huggs »

The Eighth Passenger
Apr 14, 2020, 07:50:15 PM
Reply #20084 on: Apr 14, 2020, 07:50:15 PM
Q

Didn't I hear you bitchin' about no varnish, no glue, no f*king ice-cream, no online deliveries just the other day?  :P

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed