What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 583,787 times)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Hicks didn't appear in a powerloader to save the remaining survivors?

The Old One

The Old One

I doubt it. lol

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd just sit and watch through the safety of my monitor as I edit my live action snuff found footage Alien fan film.

Prez

Prez

Just got back from a 4 day fishing holiday away with some of my family and closest friends.

The fish weren't exactly biting but who cares. Drank too much. We also had perfect warmish, Sunny weather smack bang in the middle of our Winter.

Brilliant.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I found out I'm not deadlast on the wierdo scale.
I don't want this getting out there, and I don't want it going so deep inside that it causes me to implode.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 15, 2019, 12:19:03 PM
Glad he was able to finish the album after how Pledge Music screwed him over. Most of us were able to get refunds and then put it straight to Go Fund Me.

Yeah definitely. Did the same for the In Search of Horror Documentary featuring a lad of Youtube reviewers

I think there was (is?) a problem with Pledge Music. Read about similar things involving other bands.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 17, 2019, 05:49:15 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Jun 17, 2019, 05:39:15 AM
Oh, I apologize.

No need to apologize.  Not your fault.

You aren't supposed to exercise right before bed, and your especially not supposed to do it if you suffer from insomnia.

But I did it anyways.

I'd get insomnia if I didn't do my exercising before bed. I can't sleep without it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Cardio has a spike in heart rate for me, but then I crash so after about 30 mins I'm fine.

But weightlifting jacks my heart rate up for longer, and then as your muscles heal themselves from breaking down and generate internal heat, I get very hot and can't get comfortable. 

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

The thought that American psycho 2 is not canon to the original.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 18, 2019, 11:41:57 PM
Glad he was able to finish the album after how Pledge Music screwed him over. Most of us were able to get refunds and then put it straight to Go Fund Me.

Yeah definitely. Did the same for the In Search of Horror Documentary featuring a lad of Youtube reviewers

I think there was (is?) a problem with Pledge Music. Read about similar things involving other bands.

There was yeah, but it was Danny Vaughn's story/video about it that really got it out there and revealed what was going on. Turns out the new owners f***ed everyone over and were squirreling money away so they could file for bankruptcy. So not everyone could get money back from refunds or bands what they were owed

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 19, 2019, 11:59:14 PM

The film you mean?

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 20, 2019, 12:14:22 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 18, 2019, 11:41:57 PM

There was yeah, but it was Danny Vaughn's story/video about it that really got it out there and revealed what was going on. Turns out the new owners f***ed everyone over and were squirreling money away so they could file for bankruptcy. So not everyone could get money back from refunds or bands what they were owed

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 19, 2019, 11:59:14 PM

The film you mean?
Yes.

Still Collating...

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 17, 2019, 11:50:11 AM
Had a dream the other night where Creative Assembly invited myself and a bunch of other randomers to their studio to check out their new Alien product. For some reason, despite looking every bit like a generic, run-of-the-mill office inside, it was located deep underground in a nuclear-style bunker only accessible by a giant industrial lift straight out of the Alien expanded universe (immediate red flag right there). Sure enough, almost as soon as we were inside we an actual Alien burst onto the scene and started stalking and slaughtering everybody trapped within, Isolation-style. Cue much hiding under desks and running away as people are eviscerated at the opposite end of the corridor.

Still not sure if the Alien was supposed to be the exciting new product the studio had been developing, but needless to say it was an equal opportunity mutilator and the CA staff got it just as bad as the rest of us.

I've have had multiple Isolation themed dreams these past few years and they are always terrifying. They are about the only scary dreams I've had in a long time, the few times I get them that is. But they're not really nightmares, cause when the Alien is hunting me, even though the emotion of fear that I feel is indescribable, so is the thrill and excitement. It's quite a love hate relationship.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Last drill this weekend with the Guard. 

I will be sad to leave, i've met so many people through the organization, and it has offered experiences (helicopter rides, automatic weapons handling, explosive handling etc) and travels (all my foreign countries, and about a third of the states I've been to) that I wouldn't have got any other way.  But it is a huge time sink.  Since I've been in I've averaged about about four total days off a month in between school early in my career, and work full time the later half of it. 

Due to the Army wanting the reserves and national guard to be more operational to lesser the burden on the AD force.  The training iterations are much longer than they used to be.   The one weekend a month two weeks a year thing hasn't been true in any year I've been in. 

The combination working sixty hours a week and then having to work the weekends with no break until the next sunday for eight years has just worn my ass down mentally.  Twice in the last three years I've schedule vacation only for drill to be moved onto the dates I was off.  I used those vacation dates to do stuff at home I'd been putting off and then had to go in at the end of the week to do Army shit.  My armory isn't anywhere close to where I live either.  Used to be 2 hrs and 45 mins away.  It is shorter now, but still 1 hr and 40 mins.  That shit gets old when you have to wake up at 0300 in the morning to make it to the armory on time, and when you are released at 1800 to go home. 

While I will miss the camaraderie that is hard to duplicate in anything else (the only thing that I've found similar is having those longtime best friends that you can see anywhere and start your bromance all over again without missing a beat) I'm interested to see what life will be like with actual free time.

I excited to be free. 

Samhain13

Samhain13

Its suppose to be winter here and yet the sun is still doing strong. The sky looks good, I might be able to enjoy the beach for a few more weekends.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed