What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 583,797 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 21, 2018, 07:41:35 PM
A few years back, a guy came forward with something like 700 tapes of unreleased Thin Lizzy recordings that Phil Lynott had entrusted him with shortly before his death, and the surviving band members announced that a boxset was planned to release some of this stuff. But for years there was no further word on it whatsoever, and it seemed as though the project had died a death.

Until Scott Gorham announced in a radio interview the other day that the legal hurdles that have been delaying things have finally been cleared, and the set's on it's way after all ;D

YES!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Getting partial refunds by Neiman Marcus and Balenciaga because they screwed up. NM sent me the wrong colored Givenchy shoes (still love them anyways) and Balenciaga sent their last men's bracelet without the last connecting ring on the end of the bracelet (a $2 fix). I will take victories when I can! :P

Also, the final 12 days of my postal service career have begun...

Spoiler
Y'all should've seen that one coming ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Really good airsofting on Sunday. We went to a smaller site we got to every couple of months. We finally visited it about a year ago after some recommendations from the local site - which eventually brought it out. It's a smaller woodland site, very CQB and very intense. And you have to pull your weight because the teams end up being smaller. Me and my mates are known for being aggressive (as in pushing forward, not just finding somewhere and staying there) so we get put on teams to perform that role so it ends up being a lot of work. Really awesome day - I ended up taking 2 out of 3 bases on one of the games - and I just passed out when I got home. 12 hours of sleep just about.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

PC is back up and running.  ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I lost nearly a Stone in a month  ;D

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Happy Easter AVP Galaxy, stay away from David's eggs! A horrible surprise is in those! :laugh:

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Officially turned in my US Postal Service photo badge today, effectively ending my postal career. After that, I passed my Coding certification exam, and then officially got hired by HR for a coding position in a Physicians' Group! One door closes, and a new one opens :D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 07, 2018, 01:14:46 AM
Officially turned in my US Postal Service photo badge today, effectively ending my postal career. After that, I passed my Coding certification exam, and then officially got hired by HR for a coding position in a Physicians' Group! One door closes, and a new one opens :D

Congratulations! I hear that's quite the gig.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Thank you! It's very hard to find a good medical coding position fresh outta school, so I got very lucky! The more certifications and experience you have, your pay rates and demand (for you) skyrockets. Some traveling inpatient coders can make $45 per hour! During the interview, they told me that they plan to create a separate coding department (combined with billing atm) and they would like me to possibly one of the higher coders by the end of the year. The main reason why is, like I mentioned above, I will (hopefully) have higher certifications than anyone else in the department. Times like this make me so glad I left the postal service :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm sorry - what's medical coding?

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

From the AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders) website:

Medical coding is the transformation of healthcare diagnosis, procedures, medical services, and equipment into universal medical alphanumeric codes. The diagnoses and procedure codes are taken from medical record documentation, such as transcription of physician's notes, laboratory and radiologic results, etc. Medical coding professionals help ensure the codes are applied correctly during the medical billing process, which includes abstracting the information from documentation, assigning the appropriate codes, and creating a claim to be paid by insurance carriers.

It sounds like extremely detailed and  tedious work (which it is), but I really enjoy it!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ticket's booked for Quiet Place tonight!  ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Well, it's more relieved than happy, but I'll take it. I found what was left of my usb stick in the parking lot at work. It had been crushed to smithereens. I only found pieces of the casing, but what are the odds of finding one the exact shape and color at my workplace in the area I parked? I'm guessing when I reached for my car keys to leave, it fell out of my pocket and I backed over it. Regardless, I'm glad nobody got their hands on my info. Little blessings, I'll take em.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^Glad you found what was left of it!

A week ago, I sent a small parcel to Dr. Hauschka, a high end all natural skin care company (based in Germany). Inside of the parcel were almost all of my empty, used bottles, tubes, and vials because I do not have recycling facilities where I live. I also wrote a note stating that, and I don't want to get the products into landfills. Today, I received a parcel back from them via UPS. Inside, there was a new 1 ounce bottle of hydrating hand cream (30$ value) and a new lip care stick (15$ value) and a "Compliments of Dr. Hauschka" note inside! Certainly was not expecting that, maybe a thank you letter at most! This puts a tiny bit of faith in companies, especially considering they did not have to do that! :)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Spending £172 on Record Store Day.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed