Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 774,373 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Can't argue with that

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Halloween II (2009) - Director's Cut

This one has grown on me a lot as of late.

Huggs

Huggs

Exorcist 3

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 23, 2020, 07:56:07 PM

I really wanted to like this film and whilst I appreciate Zombie's take to go off on an original tangent it felt too much for me.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Oct 24, 2020, 04:17:56 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 23, 2020, 07:56:07 PM

I really wanted to like this film and whilst I appreciate Zombie's take to go off on an original tangent it felt too much for me.

Yeah, you're either into it or you aren't, I don't blame you. And it doesn't help that his first Halloween movie isn't very good, naked Danielle Harris aside.

Prez

Prez

Akira 4K on the big screen with my son. I hadn't watched this properly since it first came out back in the late 80s. Was awesome.

I'm still in awe of this one ... the little details you pick up on the big screen were amazing. And the animation is superb ... for me it's right up there with anything Disney did during the 50s and 60s.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Golden Voyage of Sinbad

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Frankenstein (2015)

This is mostly an interesting modernization of the story, but I don't think the narration, taken directly from the novel's text, quite fits.

The Talented Mr. Ripley

Overall a very strong piece of work.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 26, 2020, 02:56:56 AM
The Talented Mr. Ripley

Great movie. I actually saw that in the theater. Very suspenseful!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Perfection

Holy shit, this was insane! :o And people say Netflix has no good movies.

Billiken

Billiken

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 27, 2020, 11:08:35 PM
The Perfection

That was messed up lol especially the end

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Blackcoat's Daughter

Wasn't sure what to expect here, but it was really good.

Quote from: Billiken on Oct 28, 2020, 01:01:24 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 27, 2020, 11:08:35 PM
The Perfection

That was messed up lol especially the end

Just when you think the messed up-ness has peaked, the movie pulls another ace out of its sleeve and tops what came before.

Prez

Prez

The Social Dilemma
A must watch.

Underwater
Half way through. Seen it before and I enjoyed it. It's light on substance but still a good fun flick (especially for those that love Leviathan and Deep Blue 3). Boy I wish Disney would piss off already with their physical media strategy (or rather lack of). Would love to own a Region B BluRay of this film.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Oct 29, 2020, 12:17:39 AMBoy I wish Disney would piss off already with their physical media strategy (or rather lack of). Would love to own a Region B BluRay of this film.

That sucks to hear. I missed that at the cinema and was waiting for a home video release.

SM

SM

Shaolin Mantis - Below average.  The titular fighting style only shows up near the end, and then barely, and it gets a bit laughable when it almost looks like the main dude is being taught  by an actual praying mantis.  Then there's this bizarre turn in the last two minutes of the film.

Terminator : Dark Fate - It was alright.  Just like all the Terminator films after the second one are just alright.  Good having Linda and Arnie back though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed