Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 774,384 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 11, 2019, 02:30:07 AM
The Snowman.

It's just as good as you've heard-

Ahahaha

I don't know if I could take any serious movie seriously, that has a character named Harry Hole.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, Fassbender had a worse movie than Covenant released in 2017. Somehow. ;)

The Old One

The Old One

Not difficult. Covenant's an excellent Frankenstein adaptation.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Angel Heart (1987) 8.5/10

How did I not watch this movie until now? Expertly crafted psychological and supernatural thriller.  Mickey Rourke. Lisa Bonet. Robert DeNiro.  This is a definite purchase for me. You don't really understand things until the end, and once you do you want to revisit all of it. Looking forward to a rewatch!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ex Machina

Well that was certainly an interesting experience. I think I like Annihilation more, but this was still great.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: P-Rock on Nov 09, 2019, 04:46:19 PMDoom (2005)
A guilty pleasure of mine. Yeah, it's a pretty bad movie and they changed the Demons from Hell story, but I keep watching it. The Rock is hilarious in this. I also love the Clint Mansell soundtrack and FPS scene, and most of the monsters are done with practical effects. 6/10

Yeah, I've always enjoyed that one too.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 11, 2019, 04:52:40 AMEx Machina

Well that was certainly an interesting experience. I think I like Annihilation more, but this was still great.

That film was creepy as f*ck, I loved it.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 11, 2019, 03:47:54 AM

How did I not watch this movie until now? Expertly crafted psychological and supernatural thriller.  Mickey Rourke. Lisa Bonet. Robert DeNiro.  This is a definite purchase for me. You don't really understand things until the end, and once you do you want to revisit all of it. Looking forward to a rewatch!

The film that got Lisa Bonet fired from the Cosby Show too.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 11, 2019, 04:52:40 AM
Ex Machina

I found the writing & characters in Annihilation to sometimes be and behave annoyingly dumb so Ex Machina is a far more superior film in my eyes.

Quote from: Prez on Nov 11, 2019, 09:37:21 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 11, 2019, 03:47:54 AM

The film that got Lisa Bonet fired from the Cosby Show too.

No shocker why. That sex scene was pretty... intense ... for lack of a better word!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Alien 3 - Workprint
Was interesting watching this without  lot of the ADR, the music and the chestburster. But as a whole its the great middle place between The assembly cut and the Theatrical version. Though i do prefer the Charles Dance opening to the Assembly than the text stuff from the theatrical

Super Mario Bros
While tonally all over the place, its not as bad as its made out to be. I really enjoyed it

Why Him?
Who would have thought the team of Cranston and Franco would work so well

Midway
Very restrained for an Emmerich film. Also a perfect film to watch on Remembrance Sunday

The Old One

The Old One

The opening on the beach is far superior.

Huggs

Huggs

We Were Soldiers (3.5/5)

Riddick (3.5/5)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 11, 2019, 07:50:28 PM
The opening on the beach is far superior.

Its just a beautifully done bit

Central Intelligence
Love this film, so random and i want a sequel

Rambo
This should have been Last Blood

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Summer Camp (1979)
"Summer camp. Summer camp. Where the days are short and the nights are fast."
Not bad.

Stuber (2019)
Not bad but very meh.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Town

I'd not seen this since it was in the cinema, although I remembered really liking it. Pleased to say it held up. Sure it's largely clichéd stuff we've seen before, but it's so well acted and put together that it really leaves an impression.

Lol'd at the added scene in the extended version where Affleck's character watches Heat. In case you hadn't noticed the similarities :P

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Motherless Brooklyn (2019)

Definitely gonna pick this one up on blu-ray, I liked it, my mom got bored during some scenes (lol) but I was still following.

Changeling (2008)

I love Jeffrey Donovan but boy did he make me hate his character, I went through some feels during it.

Spoiler
And yes I do plan on watching Shot Caller soon.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed