Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 826,827 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018)
Not as bad as Incredibles 2 but certainly not great.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Lost Highway

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 12, 2019, 05:24:58 PM
Godzilla (2014)

I still enjoy this, but there's no denying the decision to have most of the monster action take place off-screen gets really old by the end. What little we get to see is pretty impressive, but it feels like there should be so much more, even while maintaining the slow-build the movie is going for. The lack of monster action also isn't helped by the fact the human characters are all fundamentally really dull, except maybe Cranston, but he's not in it much either.

Kong: Skull Island

Much more enjoyable, just because it's so much more fun. The characters and action are all far more colourful - Sam Jackson in particular is ace as a blatant Ahab rip-off. The 'Nam-era setting also makes it stand out.

Still makes me lol though that what is obviously only six helicopters on the ship suddenly becomes double that as soon as they're in the air :laugh: It's one of the least subtle goofs in recent memory.

Wasn't there more than one ship out there though? Or maybe my memory is fuzzy.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 12, 2019, 05:24:58 PM
Godzilla (2014)

I still enjoy this, but there's no denying the decision to have most of the monster action take place off-screen gets really old by the end. What little we get to see is pretty impressive, but it feels like there should be so much more, even while maintaining the slow-build the movie is going for. The lack of monster action also isn't helped by the fact the human characters are all fundamentally really dull, except maybe Cranston, but he's not in it much either.

Kong: Skull Island

Much more enjoyable, just because it's so much more fun. The characters and action are all far more colourful - Sam Jackson in particular is ace as a blatant Ahab rip-off. The 'Nam-era setting also makes it stand out.

Still makes me lol though that what is obviously only six helicopters on the ship suddenly becomes double that as soon as they're in the air :laugh: It's one of the least subtle goofs in recent memory.

Good choices. I felt the same way about skull island. It's much more colorful for sure. But just like the difference between alien and aliens, I'll always prefer the slower and darker tone of the original.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Feb 13, 2019, 02:51:52 AMWasn't there more than one ship out there though? Or maybe my memory is fuzzy.

Not that I noticed. One ship, a Chinook on the bow, a Sea Stallion on the stern and quite obviously only four Hueys on the deck. Then as soon as they launch they suddenly find an extra six Hueys. Maybe they were flat-pack models :P

Another amusing chopper-based goof that I noticed (admittedly a little less obvious than the one above) is how immediately after the helicopter battle with Kong, Sam Jackson buries some dead guys next to what is obviously Chapman's downed Sea Stallion. They then spend almost the entirety of the rest of the film trying to get there lol.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Creed (2015)
Thought I'd watch this again since I've only saw it once when it was released, and I was going to watch part 2.
Overal, decent Rocky movie.

Creed 2 (2018)
Not bad but I just didn't feel this one.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 13, 2019, 05:41:49 PM
Quote from: Prez on Feb 13, 2019, 02:51:52 AMWasn't there more than one ship out there though? Or maybe my memory is fuzzy.

Not that I noticed. One ship, a Chinook on the bow, a Sea Stallion on the stern and quite obviously only four Hueys on the deck. Then as soon as they launch they suddenly find an extra six Hueys. Maybe they were flat-pack models :P

Another amusing chopper-based goof that I noticed (admittedly a little less obvious than the one above) is how immediately after the helicopter battle with Kong, Sam Jackson buries some dead guys next to what is obviously Chapman's downed Sea Stallion. They then spend almost the entirety of the rest of the film trying to get there lol.

Continuity is overrated eh  ;D
I must admit that there are a few moments that Kong's size vs that of the choppers seems to fluctuate throughout that fight scene (which was absolutely brilliant to watch on the big screen). Also when he's face to face with Brie & Tom's character and she touches him ... his size seems out of whack.

I am curious how they will ramp up Kong v Godzilla given how batsh*t balls to the wall crazy Godzilla King of Monsters is looking. Got a feeling there will be a big baddie in that one to unite Kong & Godzilla (King Ghidorah returns??)

Huggs

Huggs

The Undefeated with John Wayne.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Highlander 2: The Quickening (Special Director's Cut)
They removed the whole Zeist planet part and did some extra cgi work, but it's still an incomprehensible mess. A true 'so bad it's good' movie. Ranks along The Room and Troll 2 in hilariocity. Truely bizarre that this is from the same guy who directed the first one.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The alien stuff was dumb, and changing it to time travel just muddled things even further.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 15, 2019, 12:26:10 PM
The alien stuff was dumb, and changing it to time travel just muddled things even further.

I do prefer the ancient atlantean time travel stuff, it may be muddled but its a more fun version

Vertigo

Vertigo

Alita: Battle Angel

Felt more like a bad Robert Rodriguez film than a Cameron one, unfortunately. Beautifully filmed, amazing effects, and Alita herself is extremely likeable... but came off as style over substance, and while I'm normally the last person to care about clichés (loved Avatar), it felt like a mix of elements that I'd seen repeatedly elsewhere. Presumably that's a mark of how influential the original comic was, so I guess it's a similar scenario to John Carter of Mars or Flash Gordon, in which adaptations can't feel as fresh as they should because we've already seen the legacy of the material.
(Although don't get me wrong, I love the 1980 Flash Gordon.)

Also spoiled by some really bad dialogue (which, again I'm normally the last person to complain about) and crassly on-the-nose setups for sequels.

Worth seeing for the visual experience, and it worked really well in IMAX 3D, but it was a major disappointment.

5/10

Huggs

Huggs

The Apartment, starring Jack lemon

One of my favorite classic films .

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Standoff at Sparrow Creek

Excellent, tense thriller. Also, one of the main cast was the gas station owner from No Country for Old Men. :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Easily the best of the first 3 films. Half way through Goblet of Fire now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed