Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 831,250 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Psycho II
A great sequel. Deserves a lot of love

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Sudden Impact
This was decent, but felt kind of thrown together. And it maybe needed a stronger actress than Eastwood's squeeze. She really bombed the "badass" speeches they gave her near the end.

The Dead Pool
Not too bad, just not great. The most memorable bits were Jim Carrey playing Axl Rose (kinda) and the rather, uh, unique car chase.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 17, 2018, 10:47:25 PMThe Dead Pool
Not too bad, just not great. The most memorable bits were Jim Carrey playing Axl Rose (kinda) and the rather, uh, unique car chase.

What about the original Guns N' Roses line-up at the funeral?  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 18, 2018, 12:10:59 AM

What about the original Guns N' Roses line-up at the funeral?  ;D

Yeah, that was funny. Supposedly the band scrubbed all references to the movie from their official biographies.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 18, 2018, 01:07:54 AM
Yeah, that was funny. Supposedly the band scrubbed all references to the movie from their official biographies.

That would be weird. Who in their right mind would deny they were in a Clint Eastwood movie? A Dirty Harry movie on top of that.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

"You forgot your fortune cookie. It says... 'You're shit outta luck'." *blam*

As I said before, I have an inexplicable soft sport for that one.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jeremiah Johnson

Very, very good. I'd love to see what Peckinpah and Eastwood would have done with this, but Pollack and Redford did a great job nonetheless.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 18, 2018, 02:32:00 PM

"You forgot your fortune cookie. It says... 'You're shit outta luck'." *blam*

As I said before, I have an inexplicable soft sport for that one.

That ending was hilarious as well. "You're out of bullets."

Prez

Prez

Still remember an MTV interview with Axl & Slash about that film and how they said how lame Carrey's performance was :D

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

This is one of the pretty bad it's kinda good films

Battleship

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: muthur9000 on Aug 19, 2018, 01:13:20 PM
This is one of the pretty bad it's kinda good films

Battleship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpoabtbEJOI

It's really not that bad. Production values were pretty good, it just felt too much like transformers at sea. That and some of the acting was bad. But I personally liked it well enough. It's a cheap Blu-ray nowadays.

The most recent movie I watched that was so bad it was good, was Jeepers 3. It's so awful, and I love the awfulness of it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Farewell to the King

This is very nearly a great movie. Nolte is excellent, Milius directs it well, and the second half is very well done. Some of it doesn't quite gel, though, and that's probably down to Orion reediting the movie before release.

High Plains Drifter

Clint got to be a bit of bastard in this one, which was fun. Fascinating and weird movie, overall.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 19, 2018, 11:18:33 PMHigh Plains Drifter

Clint got to be a bit of bastard in this one, which was fun. Fascinating and weird movie, overall.

Is that the one where he has them literally paint the town red?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Justice league

Not sure what to make of it, its a little lighter than Batman v Superman, I found aquaman and the flash funny. I enjoyed the part where superman was resurrected and he briefly faced off with the league, particulary the part where the Flash tries to flank him at super speed only to look horrified when Kal El's eyes track him and he turns to face him. Really creepy and it makes me think if there was some lost potential there.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Kingsman The Golden Circle
A fun sequel, just not as good as the first one and how some characters from the first were treated was stupid

The Equalizer II
Denzel has stoic down like no one else, but the main plot felt more like a trilogy ender

Tomorrowland - The Dreamers Cut
A fantastic fan edit that vastly improves the film. It seems to flow better. They really ballsed over this film on release and with the reshoots

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 20, 2018, 10:24:50 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 19, 2018, 11:18:33 PMHigh Plains Drifter

Is that the one where he has them literally paint the town red?

Yep, and renames the town Hell.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed