Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 771,161 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

Save the Date (2012) - an indie romantic comedy starring Lizzy Caplan and Alison Brie

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Escape Plan 2: Hades (2018)
Very average sequel. Cast was good but that's it.

Blockers (2018)
"3 girls plan to lose their virginity and their parents are trying to stop them."
Ok I guess. Might be funnier if you're parent of a daughter.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Big Trouble in Little China

"Hollow?" "Hollow." "f**k it!" :laugh:

D88M

D88M

Rampage: Meh, has nothing to do with the game.

Jumanji - Welcome to the jungle: Meh, i guess it has a good message for the kids.

Holidays: Mediocre horror anthology which very very very little virtues as is sadly usual in this sub genre.

The Mummy (2017): Generic crap, i should stop watching movies that i know beforehand that they are bad, is a waste of time.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Logan (2017) - good movie but I don't know if I'll watch it again.  I have fun with the first 3 X-Men movies, the later ones not so much (I don't think the cast in the prequels are as good, IMO).  Although it's probably the best out of all the Wolverine movies

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 21, 2018, 11:13:16 AM
The Crazies
A great remake and the Car Wash sequence still shocks me
That's one movie I want to revisit, I remember enjoying it when I first saw it.

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 23, 2018, 08:51:24 AM
Logan (2017) - good movie but I don't know if I'll watch it again.  I have fun with the first 3 X-Men movies, the later ones not so much (I don't think the cast in the prequels are as good, IMO).  Although it's probably the best out of all the Wolverine movies

Probably the best?! That was my favorite movie from last year. Loved the action/chase through the deserted outpost in the limo. I think they definitely took some inspiration from The Last of Us for Logan, it worked perfectly though.

Watched The Howling, recently. I love Dee Wallace, she just has a good presence and unique voice. Wish I didn't have the ending spoiled for me before I watched it but still an entertaining flick.
Spoiler
I expected it to be more about her being a werewolf throughout the movie and then realizing it as she transforms at the end during the news.
[close]

Near Dark- love seeing Lance, Goldstein, and Paxton together again. They make the movie though.

Near Dark the 2015 remake, which I haven't seen the original but I really enjoy this movie as it's just goofy fun and has some creepy moments... and good music.

Looks like I've been on a vampire and werewolf kick.  :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

I only just now noticed that Luke almost eats the food Yoda took a bite out of before tossing it into the swamp. :laugh:

Will get to Jedi later, needed a break.

Back to the Future

Between this and Empire, that's quite enough near miss incest for one day.

Prez

Prez

Rampage - fun no brainer type of affair - loosely (very) based on the game. That said the CGI from Weta is stunning at times.

D88M

D88M

A Wrinkle In Time: I can see why it flopped, is awful, amateurish, and obnoxious as HELL, oprah of course has no place doing anything and is just a generic bland bad movie. I am sure the book is better and there are some true and interesting concepts, but all gets drowned into the new age bullshit.

I think the time of punishing myself watching bad movies is officially over, next stop: Trollhunter.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

"Short help is better than no help at all!" :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 24, 2018, 07:03:02 PM
Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

"Short help is better than no help at all!" :laugh:

Despite it's many flaws and also the fact Empire is the superior film, ROTJ is still my all time favourite film - so many incredible childhood memories around this film back in the early 80s.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 24, 2018, 01:38:15 AMBetween this and Empire, that's quite enough near miss incest for one day.

:laugh:

Quote from: Prez on Jun 25, 2018, 04:50:14 AMDespite it's many flaws and also the fact Empire is the superior film, ROTJ is still my all time favourite film - so many incredible childhood memories around this film back in the early 80s.

Yeah, Jedi's always been my favourite of the series, even if it's not the best. Sure, the Ewoks are dumb and how the hell did they set up all those siege machines in such a short space of time anyway? But the other two facets of the epic three-way finale - the space battle and Luke in the Emperor's suite - are utterly superb.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The War Lord (1965)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2018, 10:28:24 AM

Yeah, Jedi's always been my favourite of the series, even if it's not the best. Sure, the Ewoks are dumb and how the hell did they set up all those siege machines in such a short space of time anyway? But the other two facets of the epic three-way finale - the space battle and Luke in the Emperor's suite - are utterly superb.

Hammer. Nail. Head.

But f**k the end theme music on the Special Editions.... long live the original Ewok victory song!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Hereditary
This film genuinely unnerved me. Its a slow burn and the end is bat shit crazy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed