Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 831,510 times)

Prez

Prez

Sweetheart
Great little small budget Blumhouse horror/survival film. Sweetheart (the main character) is stranded on a small, deserted island but at night she isn't alone as there is something that lurks in the waters.

This is my type of horror film. Great for what it is. Enjoyable and also has one of the best initial reveals of the said `something' I've seen in ages.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Eyes of My Mother

Very creepy and f**ked up, even if it's arguably more of a psychological drama than a horror. Still, this was pretty impressive, and I'm much more interested in seeing that new Grudge movie now that I know what Nicolas Pesce is capable of doing.

Huggs

Huggs

The Thing From Another World (3.5/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Killer

Excellent stuff. That ending is just plain f**ked up. And all because one of the actors had a scheduling issue. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 22, 2019, 05:40:49 AMThat ending is just plain f**ked up. And all because one of the actors had a scheduling issue. :laugh:

Didn't know that!

SiL

SiL

Fractured

If you've seen Brad Anderson's Session 9 or The Machinist, don't bother.

Spoiler
The "shocking twist" will be of absolutely no surprise. This is the first time I've seen a movie that was, arguably, spoiled simply by the director's previous works. Simply knowing what he's done makes you more-or-less correctly guess the ending. It's bizarre.
[close]

SM

SM

Is that the Sam Worthington one?

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 21, 2019, 03:27:38 PM

Spy (2015)
Whiskeybrewer sums it up nicely:

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 21, 2019, 12:24:59 PM
Spy
Probably one of Melissa McCarthy's best films and i love Statham sending himself up

Statham really is great in this one. I could almost see him do a Naked Gun type movie. Perhaps when he's older.

Oh now that would be perfect

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 21, 2019, 02:57:40 PM
Transformers: Age of Extinction

My first time seeing this, given that I originally gave up on this series after the third one.

The editing is f*cing shocking. I lost count of the number of times it instantaneously jumped from one location to a completely different one in the middle of a scene. The drama stuff was predictably clichéd and uninteresting, but even the action scenes - the one place where these films usually excel - were boring and repetitive. Also, all the stuff put in to sell the movie in China felt unbelievably cynical.

Most disappointingly though, this actually has a really damn good cast, but almost everyone of note is totally wasted, especially Kelsey Grammar and Ken Watanabe. The normally excellent Stanley Tucci was awful, thanks mostly to the dire material he was given. Titus Welliver made an impact early on but then completely disappears for most of the movie. But the worst offender by far was T. J. Miller - his was probably the best character in the film, but they kill him off about fifteen minutes in (in a scene designed to shock that really isn't shocking at all), and to make matters even worse his passing barely even gets mentioned by the rest of the cast who are all supposed to be his closest friends.

Transformers: The Last Knight

For some f*cking reason (it was also on TV) I decided to watch the fifth film too. I had a similarly long (longer) list of things to bitch about with regards to this one, but to be honest it's not even worth it beyond saying this is categorically one of the worst big-budget films I've ever seen. I've no idea what it was about, half the characters contributed absolutely nothing (especially many of the side players returning from previous installments) and I really want some of what Anthony Hopkins was smoking when he agreed to take this role.

Both times i watched Last Knight, i spent most of it re-retconning everything to fit with the first three and coming up with ideas for a better sixth film. Although a couple of ideas i had to scrap because of events in Bumblebee lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 22, 2019, 09:14:23 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 22, 2019, 05:40:49 AMThat ending is just plain f**ked up. And all because one of the actors had a scheduling issue. :laugh:

Didn't know that!

Yeah, Sally Yeh couldn't make it to film the scripted ending scene
Spoiler
where Li drops her off at the airport with money.
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

Titan AE (3/5)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Dracula: Dead and Loving It

Far superior to Robin Hood Men in Tights.  Whilst it's not Mel Brooks best movie, I do love it.  Leslie Nielsen as Dracula is excellent as always, but Peter MacNicol steals the show as Renfield

FUSHTA!!!!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Oct 22, 2019, 05:59:07 PM
Dracula: Dead and Loving It

Far superior to Robin Hood Men in Tights.  Whilst it's not Mel Brooks best movie, I do love it.  Leslie Nielsen as Dracula is excellent as always, but Peter MacNicol steals the show as Renfield

FUSHTA!!!!

"Renfield, you @$$hole!"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Evil Dead
Evil Dead II
Army of Darkness

"YEAHHHHHHHH BABY!" :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Mean Machine (2001)
This is remake done right. Even better than the original (The Longest Yard, 1974).
There's a great actor for every character and they all play their part perfectly.
I'm so looking forward to The Gentlemen.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 23, 2019, 12:34:00 AM
The Evil Dead
Evil Dead II
Army of Darkness

"YEAHHHHHHHH BABY!" :laugh:

"Hail to the king, baby."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Haunter

Unique to say the least. Definitely recommended.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed