Avengers: Infinity War (2018) & Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Started by ShadowPred, Oct 28, 2014, 06:36:53 PM

Author
Avengers: Infinity War (2018) & Avengers: Endgame (2019) (Read 107,648 times)

Aspie

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 28, 2014, 07:51:59 PM
And a half assed Guy Pearce performance isn't all that bad, either. He breathes fire, for f**k's sake.

shit-tier to the max

Eva

Quote from: BANE on Oct 28, 2014, 07:49:04 PM
Woah woah woah Red Skull was the best villain yet bar none. Even a half assed Hugo Weaving performance is automatically the best.

I remember the guy waving his fist in the air, speaking dull dialogue and running away most times he was on screen. I can understand why Hugo Weaving stated that he will not reprise the role, if asked by Marvel.

First Blood

KiramidHead

And yet he returned to Transformers how many times? I doubt it had anything to do with the quality of the role. Basically, saying Red Skull is a crappy villain is like saying creepy gestapo guy from Raiders is crap villain.

ShadowPred

Red Skull is the best, 'nuff said.

KiramidHead

I mean seriously, it's like people expect every villain in this sort of movie to be goddamn Joker tier. At least they're all functional as villains.

First Blood

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 28, 2014, 08:01:35 PM
I mean seriously, it's like people expect every villain in this sort of movie to be goddamn Joker tier. At least they're all functional as villains.

I agree.

Every villain should be different. Every villain should have different motivations. The reason why Loki works for a lot of people is because he's had three damn movies to move the character forward.

I mean, what was Jeff Bridges? Other than a jealous boss in a mech suit.

The characters I feel have evolved very well over the course of these movies.

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 28, 2014, 08:05:59 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 28, 2014, 08:01:35 PM

I agree.

Every villain should be different. Every villain should have different motivations. The reason why Loki works for a lot of people is because he's had three damn movies to move the character forward.

I mean, what was Jeff Bridges? Other than a jealous boss in a mech suit.

The characters I feel have evolved very well over the course of these movies.

Jeff Bridges was Evil Dude in a mech suit. 8)

BANE

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 28, 2014, 07:51:59 PM
And a half assed Guy Pearce performance isn't all that bad, either. He breathes fire, for f**k's sake.
Yeah but the character was garbage. IM3 in general was too. It felt like a High School drama with money. Blech.

Red Skull on the other hand had the distinct advantage of being German, who post-WWI and II are subconsciously everyone's favourite villains haha.

Eva

Jeff Bridges' Stane worked quite well, he had a lot of interesting scenes with Tony Stark. A bit similar to the relation Bruce Wayne had with Ra's al Ghul. Their last CGI battle was crap though. Poor CGI overload.

It's not just the Marvel film that occasionally deliver dull villains for their much better developed heroes to take on though - Talia al Ghul from Nolan's film was poorly executed, almost reduced to an afterthought. General Zod in MoS was pretty meh. His female henchman stole every scene she was in.

It might also have something to do with myself not being the real target audience for these films. I don't have these characters backstory from the comics to draw upon - usually I only have what's up there on the screen in every film and I compare what I'm seeing with other familiar villains outside the superhero genre.

Aspie

no girls allowed

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Oct 28, 2014, 08:16:08 PMGeneral Zod in MoS was pretty meh. His female henchman stole every scene she was in.

Eva

Quote from: Aspie on Oct 28, 2014, 08:17:04 PM
no girls allowed
then why are you still here? ;)

Aspie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed