Mr. Clemens -
"I just don't get what you even want here, man. Who could have even dreamed that they'd be able to assemble five of the original castmembers, and that you'd be able to play with/as the original crew? And you're complaining that they sound older? Tired? I'm not sure if you remember the film, but they weren't all exactly 'Dan Castellaneta' in that, either."
- Just because what they did seems good in theory, doesn't mean it turned out as such. Whether it's good in theory or not, the voices weren't so great, in my opinion. And I did state "Obviously the actors are older now", so obviously I am aware of that. That doesn't change the fact that it was off-putting when playing.
"And since Engineer pointed out how great Sigourney's performance was, you've backtracked on that."
- No, not at all. One performance was very good, yes, and I've agreed with that. I'm talking about the others.
"Pretty sure you're just trollin' at this point."
- You can think what you want. Although it would be more logical to assume that it's possible that some people don't agree with you.
"I don't know, maybe you are just trolling, or maybe survival-horror just isn't your type of game."
- A troll wouldn't have put this much time into this and wouldn't have been as logical (both sides are logical).
Secondly, survival horror isn't really my type of game, but neither is first-person shooter. When a game is 'Alien' or 'Predator' related though, I can enjoy it very much.
"The vast majority agrees that A:I was a far superior game in every aspect; the sales show A:I was a bigger hit; creative assembly isn't in court for false advertising, and are instead looking to make a sequel; sigorney and Ridley Scott both praised the game and it seems they are genuinely excited about the alien franchise again; and the game received dozens of accolades and awards (runner up or nominee for dozens more, but I don't think A:CM was ever considered for an award); and ultimately, I haven't seen anybody ripping apart the story for having huge continuity errors/plot holes the way A:CM was. So I really don't understand where the support for A:CM is coming from at all."
- I can't explain why I enjoy 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' any more than I have.
As for success, that just shows how popular something is. So obviously it does something right to please many people. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have issues that others query.
Ridley Scott, I've lost virtually all respect for due to 'Prometheus'. He didn't write it so I give him some credit, but obviously he was very involved.
"Ridley Scott (...involved in alien 5; Ridley as a producer, right?). I vaguely remember hearing that Ridleys 'prometheus 2' will be much more alien-esque than he was willing to go with 'Prometheus' because he realizes now that the alien can still be scary as hell!"
- I don't know if Ridley Scott is producing 'Alien 5'. I just checked his wikepedia and a couple of 'Alien 5' News sites but can't see anything on it.
Secondly, 'Prometheus 2' will supposedly not including the Alien but will have new species (seems somewhat illogical to me given the ending of 'Prometheus' but there you go). The less connected the franchises are the better though.