1. Maybe the specific group that are going to try and convince Ripley are unaware of the aliens on LV-426.
2. For the sake of having 2 research facilities. Having 1 on the ship means it's transportable.
In fact going back to 1. It's good to have more. Queen's are obviously rare and so having another is helpful (well it's destructive, but in the mind of a scientist, it's a good idea).
3. I don't remember how near by they were.
4. For the first point there: They're busy? You don't know where they were at the time. And if it is a case of Weyland Yutani being in control, it's not like Weyland Yutani were in a rush to help the people. It's logical in fact that they'd want the people to be killed first.
As for the second pont: Hick's distress call doesn't specify aliens. It just said that there were casualties and they needed help.
5. Yeah that one doesn't make sense.
"Things like, the wrong initials were used for pvt. Frost's first name on his locker, are smaller errors."
- Yeah how they failed at that I have no idea. You would think they'd have screenshots of the movie when creating these things.
In terms of 'Alien: Resurrection', it's a new company so you could say that they are unaware of the alien colony on LV-426, because officially it is destroyed.
Or you could say that the aliens are indeed eventually destroyed and the character wasn't being specific enough when he said that Ripley suceeded in destroying the aliens.
Yeah they were probably aiming to make a sequel. I find that unlikely though. Although I think if they did make a sequel, they would make sure it was good.
It's not a new company in resurrection. It's the military (and marines were involved, so I'd think the military were up to date on the facts)
1. Human bishop was apparently on the sulaco heading back to lv-426 when the EEV ejected. They were aware of the alien hive when they attempted to get ripley's embryo. Plus human bishop was the head honcho. He knew all of the plans...
2. That makes no sense to me. They have a well established hive and research facility on the moon, yet they go out of their way to back track and hijack the sulaco to create a second hive?? I can understand maybe intercepting the sulaco, but the second hive was completely uneccessary, illogical and sloppy. If it were me, I'd have let the sulaco go entirely. Ripley and hicks would have reported the complete destruction of the species, all the while unaware WY had managed to preserve the species and setup a research station after they left. Of course, this is assuming that ripley only got face-hugged as a result of WY hijacking their ship while in cryosleep.
3. They were onboard the sulaco when the EEV ejected. They were close enough to follow and retrieve ripley on the EEV within a few minutes of her landing on Fury. Yet they took several days to get to fury, allowing the events of alien 3 to take place.
4. The sephora marines would have been briefed with Ripleys account (they had it on disc). They knew why the sulaco was dispatched. It only makes sense that the sephora would have been briefed on ripleys report and the sulaco's mission. So they should have been aware of things like the alien life cycle, which would have made Bella's whole sob scene where a bishop-synthetic had to tell her she was going to die unessessary. The sephora battalion was dispatched from gateway station; same place the sulaco was dispatched from. It should have taken 17 days from lost-contact with sulaco to launch a rescue mission, yet instead it took them 17 weeks after Hicks sent a distress signal. 17 days vs. 17 weeks was probably a mistake on gearbox's part, someone wasn't paying attention and wrote "weeks" instead of "days." But ultimately, why did they wait for hick's distress signal? They lost contact with the colony and dispatched the sulaco pretty quick. You'd think that the sephora would have dispatched much more quickly when the sulaco didn't report in. No man left behind my ass! At this point, the military was acting independently from WY, too. So I doubt they would have waited so long without any contact with the sulaco to send a rescue mission...