Alien Isolation DLC: Corporate Lockdown

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 21, 2014, 02:27:06 PM

Author
Alien Isolation DLC: Corporate Lockdown (Read 48,286 times)

Skull

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 30, 2014, 05:01:44 AM
Quick question, is Corporate Lockdown like The Basement where if you die you have to restart from the VERY beginning?

Yes !

predxeno

Damn. >:(  That'll be a bitch to beat.

esz

And another quick question: is it as short as The Basement or Crew Expendable / Last Survivor?

anesidora

Quote from: esz on Oct 30, 2014, 07:29:03 AM
And another quick question: is it as short as The Basement or Crew Expendable / Last Survivor?
It's as short as The Basement.

stemot

Quote from: esz on Oct 30, 2014, 07:29:03 AM

The actual maps yes but there are 3 maps included in the DLC versus the games one.

ikarop

It took me around 10-15 min of gameplay on the first run. If you play the three maps back to back then your items port over to the next one.

Hudson

Is anyone else finding this pretty hard?

I'm having a real hard time, haven't even beaten the first one yet. I was THIS close and the Alien popped down. It charged me after I flamed it a couple times, but it kept coming and killed me the farthest I got.

The f**king facehuggers in the theater are what are really throwing me for a loop though.

predxeno

I'm having trouble reading the message on the Sevastopol computer terminal in the 2nd level, the Alien keeps interrupting me and killing me before I can finish.

Quote from: Hudson on Nov 01, 2014, 02:07:18 AM
Is anyone else finding this pretty hard?

I'm having a real hard time, haven't even beaten the first one yet. I was THIS close and the Alien popped down. It charged me after I flamed it a couple times, but it kept coming and killed me the farthest I got.

The f**king facehuggers in the theater are what are really throwing me for a loop though.

Use the motion tracker whenever you suspect facehuggers are near; it's annoying but it's worth it.

Darkness

Darkness

Played it today. Didn't finish the first map because of the damn random Facehuggers. Finished the second one without completing a single objective. I didn't finish the third because of the androids constantly swarming me. It's just too damn hard. No checkpoints, no nothing. It sucks all the fun out of it.

They should have just done a decent story campaign set before the events of the Torrens arriving with a proper narrative.

ikarop

They seem hard at first but they aren't really. The facehuggers for instance aren't random so after a couple tries you should be able to just get rid of them without batting an eye. Same with androids, once you know the path after a couple of quick tries you just sprint through that part and don't even see one.

predxeno

Quote from: Darkness on Nov 01, 2014, 08:58:52 AM
Played it today. Didn't finish the first map because of the damn random Facehuggers. Finished the second one without completing a single objective. I didn't finish the third because of the androids constantly swarming me. It's just too damn hard. No checkpoints, no nothing. It sucks all the fun out of it.

They should have just done a decent story campaign set before the events of the Torrens arriving with a proper narrative.

I agree with the lack of checkpoints. >:(  I honestly thought the developers would have tried harder to make the whole DLC story get together but there are no cut scenes or any dialogue to progress the story at all; the only thing you get is a computer terminal with one message. 

Btw, I figured out how to read it without getting killed, it seems the Alien is programmed to come into that room whenever you interact with that computer whether it's to hack it or read it so be sure to hide in the nearby cabinet when you're done using it; non-scripted Alien encounters, my ass.

gabgrave

Survivor mode is by default on hard, which means that the boot up sound of the computer attracts the alien...
So what I did was to place a trap behind me, which chases the alien away.
Or you can hide and wait for it to lose interest.

predxeno

Oh, really?  Didn't know that; I didn't realize the computer's boot-up noise was so loud.

gabgrave

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 01, 2014, 06:38:49 PM
Oh, really?  Didn't know that; I didn't realize the computer's boot-up noise was so loud.
You never heard an IBM before?

Hudson

Quote from: ikarop on Nov 01, 2014, 01:07:07 PM
They seem hard at first but they aren't really. The facehuggers for instance aren't random so after a couple tries you should be able to just get rid of them without batting an eye. Same with androids, once you know the path after a couple of quick tries you just sprint through that part and don't even see one.

I have definitely seen the facehuggers pop up in random places. A couple times, they spawned at my feet giving me no chance at all. Another time, one came out by the doors to go into that theater as I was heading to the generator handle button thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed