AvPGalaxy Alien Isolation Podcast Released

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 18, 2014, 07:17:48 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Alien Isolation Podcast Released (Read 19,756 times)

gabgrave

I think this was harshed over before, but there are different types of ammo, and the one used in A I might not be that lethal to the alien. Then again, the bolt gun should have had enough power to drill it through, so its just the game.

cyt0sk3l3t0n

I don't like the Alien being susceptible to bullets. Something about the idea just doesn't feel right. It's such a beautiful monster creation and its weakness is gunfire? Lame.
Ridley Scott intended to make something that we don't understand. Being able to kill it makes the Alien less... well,... alien. I applaud James Cameron for trying to go a different direction, and I think the Alien Queen looks cool, buuuut, I'm not a big fan of Aliens. In fact, I think I like Alien 3 better (though I see the movie's flaws). Aliens just dumbed down the Alien too much for me to like. It was so interesting and original and BAM it's shot with a pistol a couple times and it's dead.

SM

QuoteI don't like the Alien being susceptible to bullets. Something about the idea just doesn't feel right.

It was never supposed to be bullet proof.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quite.

Quote from:  Dan O'BannonI was stuck on one point, once they got the thing on the spaceship I wanted to avoid the cliché of bullets bouncing off of it: the indestructible monster. I mean, that's the ancient cliché, right? 'You can't stop it, bullets won't stop it.' Not at all. I wanted the thing to be, in every respect, a natural animal, which means, yes, if you shoot it, it'll die. Though deadly, the critter was as vulnerable as any other animal to having holes drilled in it.

cyt0sk3l3t0n

Quote from: SM
It was never supposed to be bullet proof.

I recall Giger himself saying that he saw the creature as bullet proof. I can't remember if I read it somewhere or if it was in a video, but I remember it very clearly because I agreed completely with it and it's changed the way I look at the franchise.

SM

The guy who created it seems to disagree.

If it's bullet proof there's no need for acid blood.

cyt0sk3l3t0n

Quote from: SM on Oct 24, 2014, 02:38:34 AM
The guy who created it seems to disagree.

If it's bullet proof there's no need for acid blood.
Bullets aren't the only thing that can inflict wounds...

SM

Like blunt graplon hooks travelling at lower velocities.

cyt0sk3l3t0n

Quote from: SM on Oct 24, 2014, 03:13:29 AM
Like blunt graplon hooks travelling at lower velocities.
It hit the Alien in the abdomen which, I think, looks like the only exposed and vulnerable area of the creature (besides the neck) because of all the tubes and cords running through it.

SM

Therefore - not bullet proof.

cyt0sk3l3t0n

Quote from: SM on Oct 24, 2014, 09:15:10 PM
Therefore - not bullet proof.
Well, about 80% of it is. That's much more bullet proof than they've been portrayed to be.

SM

No, none of it is.  It was never supposed to be.

Xhan

Ops and vents had bullet proof

SM

Got to them at with right bullet at right angle though but.

Xhan

true

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed