Alien Isolation Debuts 2nd in UK Game Charts

Started by Darkness, Oct 13, 2014, 06:21:31 PM

Author
Alien Isolation Debuts 2nd in UK Game Charts (Read 13,930 times)

Darkness

promo006_Amanda_Ripley Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68Alien Isolation debuted at number two in the UK game charts last week losing out to Fifa 15 which has been number one for the last three weeks. New entries include Driveclub at 5, Skylanders at 7 and NBA 2K15 at 8. In comparison, both 2010’s Aliens vs Predator and 2013’s Aliens Colonial Marines debuted at first place when they were released in the UK. Despite that, it’s still impressive. Fifa is a force of nature in this country and usually remains in the top 10 for months and months.

Top 10 UK Software Sales (All Formats): week ending October 11

1. FIFA 15
  2. Alien: Isolation
  3. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  4. Forza Horizon 2
  5. Driveclub
  6. Destiny
  7. Skylanders
  8. NBA 2K15
  9. Super Smash Bros.
  10. Minecraft: PlayStation Edition

There’s no word on specific numbers yet or how it’s done overseas.

Vrastal

I always forget a majority of people here are from the uk. so overseas confused me for a minute

Corporal Hicks

I'm a bit disappointed but Fifa is a force every single year so can't say I'm too surprised.

robbritton

Yeah, you'd need a real tentpole release to topple Fifa, as it's appeal goes way beyond the gaming community. It's as good as it could possibly have done over here, realistically. I'll always love you more than the footy, Alien, don't worry!

Darkness

It's disappointing that people keep buying Fifa when it's ultimately the same damn game year in year out.

And yes, I'm one of those people who plays Fifa. Haven't played it for a couple of years though.

newbeing

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 13, 2014, 06:54:45 PM
It's disappointing that people keep buying Fifa when it's ultimately the same damn game year in year out.

And yes, I'm one of those people who plays Fifa. Haven't played it for a couple of years though.

Yup just like Madden here in the US. Put the next number behind it and profit.
I'm very curious to see what the overall sales numbers were like for the game this week.

Darkness

VGChartz usually posts that but they haven't updated it yet.

Gazz

This was a forgone conclusion long before the game was released.

Sounds like it's doing very well otherwise!

RYAN741

RYAN741

It was never going to beat Fifa but nothing could.  That's still a very good spot.

Seegson

As far as i know the game its 3th on Steam worldwide

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Seegson on Oct 13, 2014, 10:20:41 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 13, 2014, 10:13:37 PM
Quote from: Seegson on Oct 13, 2014, 08:36:49 PM
its 3th

It's what  :laugh:

lol sorry 3rd

You made me think I lisped  :P

Good news about the game; every gaming casual buys Fifa year in and out. It's Pavlovian. Difficult to usurp.

Doktor Wunderbar

So what you're saying is that it's #1 among real video games.

PsyKore

Does it worry anyone that Fifa, or even Madden, is that popular? It feels like the real video game fans are outnumbered.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed