Stuck on power loader bossfight

Started by skull-splitter, Oct 12, 2014, 02:38:05 PM

Author
Stuck on power loader bossfight (Read 5,133 times)

skull-splitter

Now I seem te be stuck with this powerloader. For some reasong, all I can do is spawn and do little damage. Those warriors kill my ass before I even phase the big dude that seems to be the boss, and the user interface is shifty to say the least.

Playing on PC, would love some tips and tricks so I can finish this game.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I remember that bit being a pain, especially on Ultimate Badass difficulty. Like you say, it's the Warriors that are the problem, not the Raven.

Sadly I can't remember any particular strategy that makes it easier. The only thing I can suggest is try and pin the Raven in a corner so it can't escape. It won't help with the Warriors attacking you, but it should help you wear the Raven down faster.

skull-splitter

Is there any difference between LMB and RMB when attacking? Or other keys? The warriors end up killing me for sure as the AI seems to be as effective as throwing wet paper towels at attacking tigers :')

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: skull-splitter on Oct 16, 2014, 06:32:18 PMIs there any difference between LMB and RMB when attacking? Or other keys?

On the PS3, one attack was a quick jab and the other was a longer swipe. Never played on PC but I imagine it would be the same. Apparently the quick jab is best because if you time it right you can keep the Raven permanently stunned and just batter him to death.

Russ

Russ

This is the same technique my wife uses on me when I come home pissed up.

Engineer

Engineer

Alright... i think I can help you with this...

Keep in mind, I played on the Xbox, so I'm not sure how well my tips will be applicable on the PC:

1) on ultimate badass, friendly fire killed me faster than anything else. At first, I assumed it was the alien warriors, but after a few attempts I realized oneal was hurting me while no aliens were near me. So stick to the sides out of the crossfire.

2) when the raven (big boss alien) is stunned and/or distracted by your teammates, take a few seconds to whack a few of the smaller aliens crowding you. This will temporarily relieve you from that threat, and stop oneal's dumbass from shooting you in the back.

3) focus on the timing of your swings. Don't just button mash, or else the raven will counter you with that headbutt move.

4) try to corner and trap the raven and just let loose on him. If you're really lucky, he'll get glitched and stuck in the wall.

5) never hop out of the power loader, no matter how tempting that health pack is.

6) lastly, I read on another forum that when gearbox released a patch a while back, one of the 'fixes' was to double the raven's health. So it takes twice as many hits to kill it. Consequently, it'll also take twice as long which made the achievement for defeating the raven under a specified time limit impossible. I had to clear my Xbox of the updates, disconnect from the Internet, and play offline in order to get that achievement. Then redownload the patch once I hooked back up to the internet. It worked for killing the raven faster and getting that achievement. If it's possible for you to delete that patch and play on your PC, that might be worth a shot... But be warned, that patch fixes a LOT of glitches, which will make many other parts of the game very frustrating.

SM

SM

Get it in a corner and belt the f**k out of it.  Dunno if you're supposed to be able to do that or it's just a bug.

Dark Blade1

i beat that part but it was very hard the warriors were so hard i killed some but the raven attacked me and killed me once then i killed the raven at last and my step brother helped me kill the warriors and i killed the boss that is the best way to beat the raven on that game.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: SM on Nov 03, 2014, 03:57:26 AM
Get it in a corner and belt the f**k out of it.  Dunno if you're supposed to be able to do that or it's just a bug.

I remember doing that to beat the Raven on the 360.  It kept getting stuck in the wall and after awhile I could even hit it.  I had to let the warriors have at me so I could die and start the fight over again.  Lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed