Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 12:50:11 AM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 110,642 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 22, 2018, 07:40:15 AM
Haha I'm not sure I've got the minerals to try it on Nightmare.

What's wrong? feeling yellow Mcfly!  :laugh:

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I think you should devote an extended podcast to this game. I think it is very deserving of a real in-depth breakdown.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We did do an episode on it in the past but I'm tempted to revisit it at some point. Probably going to end up with a lot of Predator interviews soon, though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And after a week of catching up with the Road to Battlefield V in the spare time, I finished my playthrough of Isolation. I still love this game. So much. Such great presentation and such a heart-pounding experience! I just need to go through and do it without dying now... Piece of cake.

Before that, though, I think I'll do the Survivor missions. I never did do them all.

Evakai

Evakai

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 26, 2018, 07:11:51 PM
Personally I still think Isolation is the best thing to come out of the franchise since the original trilogy of movies. I think the general aesthetic is wonderful and I could quite happily spend all day wandering around Sevastopol. It's interesting what you say about old-school. I actually like the manual saving and puzzle aspect. I like the audio logs and Resident Evil style text files too. I've always loved using this type of supplementary information to work out and piece together the back story like some kind of mystery.

I think the story was fine for what it was. I don't think it could have been made into a movie because it was just too similar to Alien in that regard. But I agree with your other criticisms, the game goes on for far too long and the graphics are starting to show their age.

I wish we'd gotten some more story DLC. A prequel level where you play as perhaps Waites just wandering around the station hunting down the loose chestburster would have been great. It would have been cool to explore the environments before the shit hit the fan and interact with people like Ransome face to face.
Agree with all of this. The game is a love letter to the franchise at its best.

Fleshwound

Fleshwound

I only just finished this a few days ago after starting it in October. It was great and I don't know why I held off buying it for so long. Initially it was a fear it would be an awful adaptation but even after hearing how good it was I still didn't get around to buying it.

Kradan

Kradan

Just masterpiece.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Fleshwound on Nov 06, 2018, 02:33:12 PM
I only just finished this a few days ago after starting it in October. It was great and I don't know why I held off buying it for so long. Initially it was a fear it would be an awful adaptation but even after hearing how good it was I still didn't get around to buying it.

I envy you because I've mastered the game completely, collected all Xbox achievements and all collectibles in the game. You still have all of that ahead of you to look forward to.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: Evakai on Sep 05, 2018, 03:59:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qic8oTRB4ww

I still get chills every time I hear A3's soundtrack, how the FOX fanfare gets cut off so perfectly. Beautiful. 

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

A masterpiece.

Kradan

Kradan

The 7th of October 2019 is gonna be 5th anniversary of the game, isn't it? I demand retrospective podcast! Seriously you have more-than-3-hour podcast about Covenant, why the same can't be about Isolation?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ha. I'm planning on chatting about Isolation.

Kradan

Kradan

3 or more hours, please. As longer podcast as better it is.

The Old One

The Old One

Good, I enjoy the AVPG Podcast.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed