First Alien: Isolation Screenshots on PS3

Started by ikarop, Sep 28, 2014, 07:05:43 PM

Author
First Alien: Isolation Screenshots on PS3 (Read 32,559 times)

Hudson

Hudson

Just drove over to a local place and got it for $8 used. Disc looks really good. Why the hell would a new copy be anywhere near $70? Did it have a limited run like Predator: Concrete Jungle?

Now I got my quick fix till next Tuesday.

Ash 937

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 01, 2014, 09:05:32 PM
Just drove over to a local place and got it for $8 used. Disc looks really good. Why the hell would a new copy be anywhere near $70? Did it have a limited run like Predator: Concrete Jungle?

I still haven't finished Stasis Interrupted for A:CM.  That will be my "quick fix" until Tuesday. 

Even though they haven't all been great, I feel really good that we've had a steady flow of Alien-based games over the last couple of years.  I recall a time (more than a few years ago) when nothing was coming out at all.  This has been refreshing.

Hudson

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 01, 2014, 09:34:58 PM
Quote from: Hudson on Oct 01, 2014, 09:05:32 PM

I still haven't finished Stasis Interrupted for A:CM.  That will be my "quick fix" until Tuesday. 

Even though they haven't all been great, I feel really good that we've had a steady flow of Alien-based games over the last couple of years.  I recall a time (more than a few years ago) when nothing was coming out at all.  This has been refreshing.

I had the season pass for ACM on 360. I hated the game so much I didn't even bother downloading anything after the first DLC release.

But who knows, the game is so cheap now I might get it again and play it through for the trophies.

Ash 937

Stasis Interrupted is a much more enjoyable experience that the main game imo.  Better characters, better levels, more tension, etc.

SpeedyMaxx

It's still pretty terrible, to be honest.

Hudson

Hudson

Speaking of that, I just reminded myself today how much I hate the Predator mission series in AvP. Cannot stand it. Playing it on hard this time too, so that's gonna be fun. First marine mission still pretty solid.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 02, 2014, 03:20:52 AM
Speaking of that, I just reminded myself today how much I hate the Predator mission series in AvP. Cannot stand it. Playing it on hard this time too, so that's gonna be fun. First marine mission still pretty solid.

Some of the marine missions weren't bad. Letdown game, but it had some moments.

Hudson

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 02, 2014, 04:29:34 AM
Quote from: Hudson on Oct 02, 2014, 03:20:52 AM

Some of the marine missions weren't bad. Letdown game, but it had some moments.

Yeah, decent game, but perhaps lazy. I mean it completely trashes ACM in retrospect, but it was released alongside the likes of Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption. I haven't played it for a while, and coming back to it, other than the Predator missions, has actually been pretty fun today.

Just finished the marine's second mission. Pretty tense actually. The thing I like is that the game doesn't throw unlimited, non-stop hoards at you. It's balanced by the fact that they're way harder to kill in this game than in AvP '99, where there were so many, but a burst from a pulse rifle had a really high chance of killing them outright. Plus, back then the AI had them pretty much just running straight for you. I've always been impressed by the Alien AI in the 2010 game. They hide in the shadows and they don't bunch up if they're all out in the open together. Makes it pretty tough. It took me several tries to get past the bridge section at the early part of the level. Getting bum rushed and having to resort to the pistol for the last three or four was really tough.

The sequence going through the hive with Major Van Zandt or whatever his name is. The flamethrower was my best friend. It was a really quiet, tense playthrough and I was doing it on a big TV in a totally dark room. Really tense. Definitely getting fired up to do it with Isolation.

SM

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 02, 2014, 01:15:39 AM
Stasis Interrupted is a much more enjoyable experience that the main game imo.  Better characters, better levels, more tension, etc.

Stunt Hicks ftw

PRI. HUDSON

I am stoked. IGN is doing their review FRIDAY MORNING. SEGA must really be confident.

Hudson

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 02, 2014, 06:28:38 AM
I am stoked. IGN is doing their review FRIDAY MORNING. SEGA must really be confident.

Good news.

WinterActual

lol IGN  :laugh:

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 02, 2014, 06:45:50 AM
lol IGN  :laugh:

You secure that sh*t, WinterActual.

Ash 937

Some (allegedly) early 360 footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4jGqdDg4qA

MrSpaceJockey

This was posted in another thread too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmMDq0Bkd4A#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed