Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos)

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 11:57:31 PM

Author
Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos) (Read 110,682 times)

TheBATMAN

Finished it. Enjoyed it.

Spoiler
So for the first two thirds of the game, was it just the one Alien stalking you? Or was it one of many from the hive? Having more than one would seem to explain how it seemed to be everywhere at once.

I would say my only minor gripe was the lack of story. For a game that some will want to treat as canonical wirh superb production values and even original cast recordings, I honestly don't understand why more effort isn't put into the overall narrative. I know it's a game about Isolation but I'd happily slice 5 hours off the campaign in exchange for a meatier story. It starts off promisingly with the tour of the Torrens crew, and the run around with Axel, then nothing really happens from then on in terms of characterisation.
[close]

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Oct 12, 2014, 10:20:55 AM
Spoiler
So for the first two thirds of the game, was it just the one Alien stalking you? Or was it one of many from the hive? Having more than one would seem to explain how it seemed to be everywhere at once.
[close]

You're most likely not going to get an answer ever. It's been purposely kept vague for people to speculate.

QuoteThere are many mysteries and stories in Alien: Isolation and Amanda doesn't get to learn everything about the world she is trapped in," a CA spokesperson wrote in an email. "Some mysteries remain, unanswered. The player, like the inhabitants of Sevastopol can speculate on the wider events
http://www.gamefront.com/that-alien-isolation-plot-hole-is-actually-an-homage/2/

Spoiler
Things such as eggmorphing and facehuggers were denied early on but it's still hinted at or appears in the main game so pretty much anything anyone may speculate about the story is valid.
[close]

TheBATMAN

Fair enough. At least they are honest about their intentions.

newbeing

Quote from: Nazrel on Oct 11, 2014, 06:31:05 AM
I used pipbombs and emps on the androids never had a problem with the alien coming. and i never used a noisemaker on an alien just flares

Same here. I think during most of the android heavy bits the Alien isn't around to attack you so I beat the shit out of the androids when possible.

szkoki

so u played with or without walktrough? ::) i have to admit i had to dig up one for mission 17. i mean f**k that, those mission objectives were confusing with always popping up the same objective, and the alien was all over the place and i havent got any ammo for the flamethrower

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: szkoki on Oct 12, 2014, 03:50:52 PM
so u played with or without walktrough? ::) i have to admit i had to dig up one for mission 17. i mean f**k that, those mission objectives were confusing with always popping up the same objective, and the alien was all over the place and i havent got any ammo for the flamethrower

I had to resort to a walkthru 3 times for stuff that wasn't even really hard, just confusing locations on maps and what not.

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 08, 2014, 04:45:09 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2014, 06:32:04 PM
I've been playing it through on medium but kind of wish I'd been playing it on hard. I'm finding it a little too easy.

You can bump it up at any time  ;)

Btw I have found a definite proof that the xeno is cheating. I managed to lock it in a room without vents, all doors were locked, basically I carefully picked the room to have no ways of getting out besides the doors that I will lock, and I lured it in and managed to lock it inside but a few moments later it teleported outside - that's cheating, sorry. You can try and test this out by yourself guys.

Still crying?

Quote from: Cal427eb on Oct 11, 2014, 04:57:47 AM
So, did anyone ever use the crafting system in this game? The only thing I ever crafted was medkits.

I relied on it. I used them sparingly on the alien, so he never caught on. I used a couple noisemakers in the later part of the game and without them, I would have gotten killed. Used a few pipe bombs on the droids when I had multiple ones chasing me. Huge save. I killed 4 with one if I recall. Without the pipe bomb, I do not move on.

I felt the EMP devices were worthless. I used a malatov once to scare an alien from stalking me in an air vent. Smoke bomb once to cover my escape from some humans.

I felt the crafting system saved my life.

Vrastal

The story was in the extras you find, reminds me of avp2 finding data pads and stuff.

Jango1201

Quote from: newbeing on Oct 11, 2014, 05:46:55 AM
So, did anyone ever use the crafting system in this game? The only thing I ever crafted was medkits.

Seriously? I crafted the hell out of everything. Pipe bomb + androids = kablowie

I tried a pipe bomb once on an android. I hit it dead square in the torso and it kept coming at me.

newbeing

Quote from: Jango1201 on Oct 13, 2014, 03:07:37 AM

Seriously? I crafted the hell out of everything. Pipe bomb + androids = kablowie

I tried a pipe bomb once on an android. I hit it dead square in the torso and it kept coming at me.

Was it wearing the rubber suit? Those androids are impervious to most attacks besides the shotgun and boltgun.

Nope. It's just easy to tell that the Xeno isn't going to show up in certain areas, and I don't know if it reacts to things like pipe bombs. I kind of just risked it and hoped it would never be loud enough to show up.

Seegson

Motion tracker its bugged like hell at mission 17...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: newbeing on Oct 13, 2014, 05:04:20 AM
Was it wearing the rubber suit? Those androids are impervious to most attacks besides the shotgun and boltgun.

That look a few attempts to work out for me. I was like "argh! Stop coming at me!".

ikarop

ikarop

The heavy androids are the worst. The bolt gun does the trick tho if you get a headshot.

Seegson

The use of friendly NPCs in AI its "ala Bioshock"...you hear them, look at them behind a window, or watch them dying

Spoiler
Anyway...Verlaine (miss the entire game) , Tylor (almost the same)...other thing yo improve in the CA sequel :3
[close]

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 13, 2014, 12:02:15 PM
The heavy androids are the worst. The bolt gun does the trick tho if you get a headshot.

I bolt gunned all them like "GRATATA"

Jango1201

Quote from: newbeing on Oct 13, 2014, 05:04:20 AM
Quote from: Jango1201 on Oct 13, 2014, 03:07:37 AM

Nope. It's just easy to tell that the Xeno isn't going to show up in certain areas, and I don't know if it reacts to things like pipe bombs. I kind of just risked it and hoped it would never be loud enough to show up.

Nope. No suit. It was one of the missions after mission 9 when they were running mad all over the place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed