Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos)

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 11:57:31 PM

Author
Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos) (Read 110,693 times)

ikarop

My burning question atm is... Where on earth is the little robot? I haven't seen a single one anywhere.

Vrastal

I was wondering that earlier. I dont even remember seeing it in the movie.

Spoiler
also hearing all of the alien screams and hisses is terrifying through the game
[close]

Corporal Hicks

There's one on the table in the Exoplanet lab, as in the EGX and press demo. That one talks.

There was also one in a shelf in a locked room in the Systech tower.

Seegson

Well, i was sure you can use terminals, reading mails etc...without the worriging of being killed by the Alien. I was wrong.

Its really hard to know the amount of scripted events in this game related to the alien, and that is a good point

Cal427eb

Quote from: Seegson on Oct 10, 2014, 01:05:55 PM
Well, i was sure you can use terminals, reading mails etc...without the worriging of being killed by the Alien. I was wrong.

Its really hard to know the amount of scripted events in this game related to the alien, and that is a good point
There aren't that many scripted events.

Dowly

Aye, very few scripted events. Point to remember is that while you are doing different things, like powering up a generator, cutting through something etc. time is not paused. The Alien can get you. I think looking at map is the only point when the game is actually paused.

Vrastal

I wasnt sure if it could get you so i always made sure to be extra careful when doing those things

Seegson

Sometimes, there are moments or sections in the gane when i think..."well, he is in the vents...i hear it, but it has been there for 10 minutes now...so its clear that the alien will not show up here for designe purpose"...and then, im dead 5 seconds later

It seems he can do whatever  he want in the game lol

Looking other people playthroughs...they are so different from mine O_O

Vrastal

they did say that every play would be different. I run around jump and do whatever during the medical area when you have to start the generators

Cal427eb

So, did anyone ever use the crafting system in this game? The only thing I ever crafted was medkits.

newbeing

Quote from: Cal427eb on Oct 11, 2014, 04:57:47 AM
So, did anyone ever use the crafting system in this game? The only thing I ever crafted was medkits.

Seriously? I crafted the hell out of everything. Pipe bomb + androids = kablowie

Cal427eb

Why? That would attract the alien and most of the times you can just run by them.

Vrastal

I used pipbombs and emps on the androids never had a problem with the alien coming. and i never used a noisemaker on an alien just flares

Seegson

You have to know the right moment to use every device. If the alien its arround (entering and leaving the vents) even a small mele fight can annoy him

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Cal427eb on Oct 11, 2014, 04:57:47 AM
Sure, I've crafted everything, and I used pipe bombs and flashbangs sometimes. You can also place those items on the ground and they act as proximity sensors and you can ensure temporal safety or at least you'd know where the creature is if you placed it strategically.

Anyway, the safest thing to do with terminals is to quickly browse through everything and then retreat to a closet and then pull out a map screen from which you can access all the logs and read them without exposing yourself to Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed