Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos)

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 11:57:31 PM

Author
Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos) (Read 111,338 times)

Hudson

QuoteIn Splinter Cell (any one of them) I can do 90% of the missions running still being stealth - without alerting anyone.

That's a completely different kind of game.

hfeldhaus

i always play on normal for my first play-through then bump it up to hard for the next

WinterActual

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2014, 06:32:04 PM
I've been playing it through on medium but kind of wish I'd been playing it on hard. I'm finding it a little too easy.

You can bump it up at any time  ;)

Btw I have found a definite proof that the xeno is cheating. I managed to lock it in a room without vents, all doors were locked, basically I carefully picked the room to have no ways of getting out besides the doors that I will lock, and I lured it in and managed to lock it inside but a few moments later it teleported outside - that's cheating, sorry. You can try and test this out by yourself guys.

Taxemic

I'm on hard and can understand why people are saying it's frustrating but of you keep getting killed it's about finding another way. Quick Rewire tutorial from anyone? I haven't a clue what I'm doing except for turning off cameras. What's the other things for?

Corporal Hicks

You can route power to open doors too. Or turn on speaker systems.

Taxemic

Oh ok. I assume changing the air systems helps you sneak?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Btw I have found a definite proof that the xeno is cheating. I managed to lock it in a room without vents, all doors were locked, basically I carefully picked the room to have no ways of getting out besides the doors that I will lock, and I lured it in and managed to lock it inside but a few moments later it teleported outside - that's cheating, sorry. You can try and test this out by yourself guys.

mfw:

THEY'RE COMING OUTTA WALLS!!

WinterActual

It's Hudson who says that.

szkoki

szkoki

dissapeared in front of you? maybe u ran away and the manual override ended

Quote from: Le Celticant on Oct 05, 2014, 04:32:49 PM
QuoteI'd also say that hiding behind a table to elude it, while tense, feels cheap... The original creature had no way to see where Dallas was, but located him at considerable range and trapped him by thinking three-dimensionally. Same for those who hunted the Marines down. The creatures knew where they were, from all the way over in the atmosphere processor. Couldn't see them, but knew where they were.

This ^

Let us be honest, if you have the alien on your tracker, there are chances he's sneaking and you should be worry because he's already hunting you.
I think they really missed an opportunity there.
Staring at it makes the whole scariness goes away.
Instead of actually giving the Alien the sneaky ability and to you the chance to escape they chose to reverse the roles.
You sneak and the Alien can escapes when you hunt it with flamethrower  ::)

Also, the Alien in this game wasn't doing much but wandering in corridors with no purpose at all.
But that's the problem when you don't use scripted AI, most of the time the thing has no purpose but to execute random actions with 0 logic. It sure makes the game everytime you play it original because he ain't taking twice the same path but on the opposite he's non repeating useless action the entire game and behave exactly the same way no matter the different levels.
And its behavior were very dumb. That T-Rex like walks he had annoyed me a lot.

While the Alien is not scripted I had the feeling the character I was playing was totally scripted.
The Alien is here, ya got no choice, it's either the table that is close to you, the locker if there are no tables, the flamethrower if you have it or the chance to pullback or use the noise maker if the alien hasn't spotted you.
They could have allowed you to run from it and the ability to lock the doors, break the glass to go through, I don't know but just more possibilities allowing you to escapes and buy some time.
It's even more stressing to know he's hunting you and you can actually escapes depending on what you're going to do in the next 2 seconds while there it was interact in the next two seconds before he sees you but that completely not build enough tension because if he sees you, you do know at 100% what's going to happen.

It would have been much more tense and stressing to have an Alien who when it senses you actually goes ahead, hide and wait for you to commit the mistake.
And that would have been indeed awesome to have him performed wallwalk and gets you like he got Brett.
Imagine the tension, you walk by a room when suddenly catches you from above.

On a side note, I agree with you about the atmosphere.
CA really pulled it out.
Everything related to the "form" of the game and its shape such as designs, sounds, maps and so on looks incredible.
There's definitely the atmosphere I expected and it feels so right!

I'm kinda on a 50/50.
It felt right for the good reasons but it also felt terribly executed.
ű

sometimes he is lurking in the vent openings to pull you up, just watch out

hfeldhaus

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 08, 2014, 04:45:09 AM
I've been playing it through on medium but kind of wish I'd been playing it on hard. I'm finding it a little too easy.

I have had some suspected teleports as well. I guess it wouldn't be much fun if you locked it in a room and didn't see it for the rest of the game. They should have made it so the alien always has a way without having to teleport

WinterActual

Some people may find it fun so it should be possible to lock it if you like to. Such forced rules on the player are bad thing.

hfeldhaus

it would be fun for 5 minutes as you run through the rest of the Alien portion but then what would be the point? it is cheap that it teleports but it seems pretty essential

Jango1201

Quote from: szkoki on Oct 08, 2014, 02:47:03 PM
dissapeared in front of you? maybe u ran away and the manual override ended

Quote from: Le Celticant on Oct 05, 2014, 04:32:49 PM
QuoteI'd also say that hiding behind a table to elude it, while tense, feels cheap... The original creature had no way to see where Dallas was, but located him at considerable range and trapped him by thinking three-dimensionally. Same for those who hunted the Marines down. The creatures knew where they were, from all the way over in the atmosphere processor. Couldn't see them, but knew where they were.

This ^

Let us be honest, if you have the alien on your tracker, there are chances he's sneaking and you should be worry because he's already hunting you.
I think they really missed an opportunity there.
Staring at it makes the whole scariness goes away.
Instead of actually giving the Alien the sneaky ability and to you the chance to escape they chose to reverse the roles.
You sneak and the Alien can escapes when you hunt it with flamethrower  ::)

Also, the Alien in this game wasn't doing much but wandering in corridors with no purpose at all.
But that's the problem when you don't use scripted AI, most of the time the thing has no purpose but to execute random actions with 0 logic. It sure makes the game everytime you play it original because he ain't taking twice the same path but on the opposite he's non repeating useless action the entire game and behave exactly the same way no matter the different levels.
And its behavior were very dumb. That T-Rex like walks he had annoyed me a lot.

While the Alien is not scripted I had the feeling the character I was playing was totally scripted.
The Alien is here, ya got no choice, it's either the table that is close to you, the locker if there are no tables, the flamethrower if you have it or the chance to pullback or use the noise maker if the alien hasn't spotted you.
They could have allowed you to run from it and the ability to lock the doors, break the glass to go through, I don't know but just more possibilities allowing you to escapes and buy some time.
It's even more stressing to know he's hunting you and you can actually escapes depending on what you're going to do in the next 2 seconds while there it was interact in the next two seconds before he sees you but that completely not build enough tension because if he sees you, you do know at 100% what's going to happen.

It would have been much more tense and stressing to have an Alien who when it senses you actually goes ahead, hide and wait for you to commit the mistake.
And that would have been indeed awesome to have him performed wallwalk and gets you like he got Brett.
Imagine the tension, you walk by a room when suddenly catches you from above.

On a side note, I agree with you about the atmosphere.
CA really pulled it out.
Everything related to the "form" of the game and its shape such as designs, sounds, maps and so on looks incredible.
There's definitely the atmosphere I expected and it feels so right!

I'm kinda on a 50/50.
It felt right for the good reasons but it also felt terribly executed.
ű

sometimes he is lurking in the vent openings to pull you up, just watch out

Yup found this out the hard way. I was on the first level you meet the seegson synthetics and as I was running from a pair, it just yanked my ass into the ceiling.

Seegson

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 08, 2014, 04:45:09 AM

You have locked the xeno? are you talking about the override emergency button?...coz it only works for a few seconds. Is there a tool to lock doors out there?

WinterActual

You cut off the power to the door.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed