Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos)

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 11:57:31 PM

Author
Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos) (Read 111,798 times)

Jango1201

Nice to watch the video without an annoying commentator

SpeedyMaxx

Is the above playthrough sans commentary on 360 or PS3? I am reconsidering my plan to wait for PS4 based on that, it looked pretty good.

NickisSmart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmMDq0Bkd4A

1h 14m playthough. No commentary or anything lame like PieDiePee's stupid vids.

ShadowPred

hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReoEVgtEwIw#ws
* No Commentary as I recall /Xbox 360

I liked how much the game ended up being another survival horror title in the vein of classics like Penumbra: Overture , Amnesia: The Dark Descent , & Outlast.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

That guy is entirely inattentive to the irate humans with guns.

He's also streaming on Twitch, from much later in the game. I'm not gonna watch much, but things look, uh, very different. SPOILERS.
Spoiler
Amanda is clearly neck-deep in a hive. Cocoons, eggs, facehuggers. I assume this is still Sevastapol judging by the remaining structure, but...
[close]

thecaffeinatedone

Saw some of the twitch that the guy did and....
Spoiler
It's weird that they're claiming to (and seem to exclusively be)be basing it on the first movie, but yet they have a seemingly aliens-esque hive somehow later on in the game. They've said as much that you'll only be facing one alien throughout the entire game. Do you think they'll re-introduce egg morphing, or will they pull a fast one on us an stick a queen in there?
[close]

hellrasinbrasin

Spoiler
So far no Queen. Remember the Queen in Aliens was the alternative to Egg Morphing in Alien ... Sooo I'm thinking that they're running with Egg Morphing that we saw in the Deleted Scenes from Alien
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

Spoiler
I really hope they're going with the egg-morphing, which I always thought was an insane, super-'70s, outright horrifying idea. But I suspect the warrior, for lack of other options, may have had to produce a queen.

It's a nice bit of Aliens frisson, in a hive with a flamethrower - far more terrifying than any actual Aliens game I can remember - but I hope there are not multiple aliens and/or a queen. The hive setting does not bother me, as I believe we saw that same transformation done to parts of the juggernaut on LV-426.
[close]

thecaffeinatedone

I see, I see.
Spoiler
Damn shame if it's just a standard "oh noes alienz are being produced by a maaasive queen and we gotta stops em before they spreadz" type of hive scenario that the main character usually encounters. Here they actually have a chance to revisit a concept that was deleted but not entirely incompatible.
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I think it's inevitable that the worse things get,
Spoiler
the more you will see the alien nest, as it presumably did on Nostromo. The hive section of the game apparently takes place deep in Sevastopol Engineering, judging by the map listing.

I really hope we do not see a queen, and I did not hear one so much as mentioned in the limited stream I watched. I suspect they will not show one, actually. The queen is tired.

Also, re: the flight recorder, I don't know what comes later in the game but judging by the same guy's second video, Amanda discovers it early on behind an authorized door in Apollo Mainframe Systems (Apollo is the Sevastopol AI) and is heartbroken to realize its data has been corrupted. Whether or not it comes back into play later - the recorder's container appeared to have been opened - I have no idea.
[close]

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Oct 04, 2014, 04:12:18 AM
I think it's inevitable that the worse things get,
Spoiler
the more you will see the alien nest, as it presumably did on Nostromo. The hive section of the game apparently takes place deep in Sevastopol Engineering, judging by the map listing.

I really hope we do not see a queen, and I did not hear one so much as mentioned in the limited stream I watched. I suspect they will not show one, actually. The queen is tired.

Also, re: the flight recorder, I don't know what comes later in the game but judging by the same guy's second video, Amanda discovers it early on behind an authorized door in Apollo Mainframe Systems (Apollo is the Sevastopol AI) and is heartbroken to realize its data has been corrupted. Whether or not it comes back into play later - the recorder's container appeared to have been opened - I have no idea.
[close]

Indeed :V Now part of me is curious about what they'll do on the DLC.
Spoiler
Considering the deleted scene has Ripley bumping into the process of Brett's body being converted into an egg (or being used to fertilize the growth of one, however that may be). My instincts smell them retconning the scene.
[close]

thecaffeinatedone

View at your own risk. The feels. :'(

Spoiler

SpeedyMaxx

I officially stopped watching. I know too much (though not the ending or final body count, or all the twists - I hope). There are definitely multiple climaxes, I know that much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed