Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos)

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 11:57:31 PM

Author
Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos) (Read 110,681 times)

Thomas

....... i would like to know why they went with "mr popular" who obviously has never ever seen the movie.......

i can think of a handful of youtubers who would be more deserving of this then him.......

DemlnicD

DemlnicD

God I must be getting old if this halfwit is "Mr. Popular".

BTW game looks great.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: AVP1974 on Sep 29, 2014, 11:43:31 AM
....... i would like to know why they went with "mr popular" who obviously has never ever seen the movie.......

You just answered your own question. He is the most popular Youtuber by far. Sega wants the game to appeal to a wide audience, plus developers give him early access to games all the time for this very reason. You may not like it, but it is what it is.

Skull

Skull

After watching the footage, all i can say is that Creative assembly have done a wonderfull job here.
. The look and feel of the movie is beautifuly captured in every aspect.
only this pewdiepie guy cleary have not watched any of the alien movies and knows nothing about the alien universe .
His silly jibber jabber really breaks the atmo in the intro level. So far he has not posted a second upload so
Mabey the people at sega stopped him before the game is released next week.

After watching the footage, all i can say is that Creative assembly have done a wonderfull job here.
. The look and feel of the movie is beautifuly captured in every aspect.
only this pewdiepie guy cleary have not watched any of the alien movies and knows nothing about the alien universe .
His silly jibber jabber really breaks the atmo in the intro level. So far he has not posted a second upload so
Mabey the people at sega stopped him before the game is released next week.

Seegson

As you know, during the first 20 minutes you can have a look of the Torrence bridge. I was curious about the Nostromo's one so here you are...i think they nailed it BUY (its obvious the Torrance its cleaner and newer) http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?p=37227&sid=b41f690a5344c0c2688a35b0e22716e0

Vrastal

Im saving the rest of any story related videos for the first playthrough the first video was enticing enough to get the hype going

USG Ishimura

Quote from: Seegson on Sep 29, 2014, 06:27:38 PM
As you know, during the first 20 minutes you can have a look of the Torrence bridge. I was curious about the Nostromo's one so here you are...i think they nailed it BUY (its obvious the Torrance its cleaner and newer) http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?p=37227&sid=b41f690a5344c0c2688a35b0e22716e0

Yeah, I'm hoping CA looked at the Propsummit site when developing the Nostromo DLC as on Propsummit we were beginning to imagine how the other parts of the Nostromo we don't see in the movie would look and work. I'll be interested to see what they've come up with.
The Torrens interior looks terrific.

LARGE

There is something really fishy about this peepee guy. Look at this vid. Look how little comments it has. Only about 20. You all know how many comments has a video with 1 mil + views. And also every comment has a 1000 + likes. I think likes and views are somewhat generated and not real. It cant be true

Seegson

Quote from: LARGE on Sep 29, 2014, 07:26:14 PM
There is something really fishy about this peepee guy. Look at this vid. Look how little comments it has. Only about 20. You all know how many comments has a video with 1 mil + views. And also every comment has a 1000 + likes. I think likes and views are somewhat generated and not real. It cant be true

The coments of pew's videos were disable by him early this year. He let some of them in this vid...its normal every coment has 1000+ likes, there are only 20 and 2m views

LARGE

then ppl got completely retard.

Nice game though. Guys do you think i might run this with nvidia 8800 gts with 640 ram?

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Oh, for goodness sakes; that YouTube commentator!  He's beyond irritating.  Every time that he says "Bro", I want to punch him in his stupid, pink headphone wearing face.  Also, why does he open with saying that he's been looking forward to this game so much if you knows next to nothing about the 'Alien' films?

Quote[during Sigourney's narration at the start] "Who is she?!"

Quote[looking at the Nostromo report] "Ohhh, Ripley was onboard the Nostromo.  I'm playing as Ripley!  So [our character] was a part of it.  We have a black past but I guess that's what makes us so badass"

Look, it's fine if someone doesn't know much about the Alien films (it's not like it's a law to have an extensive knowledge of that universe's lore).  However, if you're a supposed "professional" journalist, then you NEED to do your research.  Particularly when it's for a game that you claim to be anticipating so much.

Would it have killed you to have at least watched Ridley Scott's 'Alien' prior to recording this video?

You. Massive. Twonk.

Quote"What!  What's this?  Oh, ohhhhh... this must be like... WOAHHHH... space cocoons!  So we sleep in these when we travel in spaarce [sic]?!

Oh, please do kindly f**k right off.

And my favourite...

Quote"Hey, hirrppo [sic]!  Hip-hippopotamus; flows like Lola Fossurus... 's topping out, toppidous, is skur...doficuss.  I'm not a large water dwelling animal, where did you get that h...his..posifous [sic]"

"English, motherf**ker!  Do you speak it?!"

This guy's officially a moron.  Also, who in the name of flying monkey turds is Lola Fossurus?!

Anyway, that's enough with the analysis of a buffoon.  Onto the game itself...

* I love the use of the soundtrack from 'Alien'.
* The graphics (in general) and the art direction are fantastic.
* The character models are weak (lip-syncing is particularly bad).
* The actress playing Amanda is pretty darn good but then some of the other actors are horrible (Samuels; I'm looking at you - and sadly hearing you).

On the whole though, this is looking very promising indeed  ;D

Minor criticism here but why does the Sevastopol look like the Nostromo?  It was my understanding that the four towers on the Nostromo were the refineries.  Why would the Sevastopol have a refinery?

Quote from: Thomas on Sep 29, 2014, 11:43:31 AMi can think of a handful of youtubers who would be more deserving of this then him.......

A block of festering cheese would have made for a more deserving (and insightful) commentator...

Quote from: magical_boy on Sep 29, 2014, 05:19:45 AMHis name, his voice, his pink headphones...one word describes him real well, and it rhymes with maggot

Would you like to chuck in some casual racism whilst you're on a roll there, pal?  Maybe something about a certain word that rhymes with "slipper".  I'm sure that people will find it hilarious.  Well, you never know; maybe Jim Davidson frequents these boards.

For the record, casual homophobic slurs are neither clever, funny, nor witty.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed