Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos)

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 11:57:31 PM

Author
Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos) (Read 111,348 times)

Gruyères

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 05, 2014, 06:56:35 PM
You can't please everyone which is a shame. Leave the nut picking to the net pickers.

I agree. As if the Alien (as a pop icon) didn't get enough bashing and disrespect by its late content creators already...

BTW, I can see problems with the mechanics and those 15-20 hours of game, but I will surely keep the pace slow and enjoy every tidbit of detail invested in the game. If not, Survivor Mode!  ;D

TheBATMAN

Has anyone tried Crew Expendable yet, or is it not accessible until official release day?

hellrasinbrasin

Just in case its been forgotten

Spoiler

SpeedyMaxx

To me, it's not a true survival horror game unless it's exceedingly frustrating.

I think they made the alien very smart. It does hunt, it will wait or stop dead for you, waiting for you to move. It will hide in vents, it will come after you below the floors when you're there. I mean, if they'd added crawling around on the ceiling, etc. to its other talents, sure, could've been nice, but as it is I think it is damn impressive.

Le Celticant

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 05, 2014, 06:14:48 PM
It's said all the time about those type of mechanics not translating well into a videogame, until some developer comes around and implements it right.

The more these games evolve, the closer the experience is to the film. Not just visually but gameplay wise so I'm sure eventually someone will get it 99% right. A:I seems to be a huge step in that direction so that's most important.

Exactly, otherwise we would have A:CM all over again and again if no one dares to speak up.

I agree though, there are improvements going on, I feel very satisfied in that way.
But I still think it ain't the ultimate Alien experience. It was strongly solid for the first two or three hours.
I'm not gonna lie, I liked it at the beginning but eventually everything faded due to the repetition (and the story).

QuoteYou can't please everyone which is a shame. Leave the nit picking to the nit pickers.
Someone just want to see the world either in white or in black here.

You still don't know my opinion about this game apart what I thought were flaws.
You'll get use to it, I'm not someone who just say "AWESOME!!!!!!" or "THAT S*CKS!!!!!!"

QuoteWell Captain Sarcasm, it may as well be a book the way you describe it.
Alright General Sarcasm.

QuoteAnd? What's the issue here? What possible chance would you have to evade it if you could never see it in the first place?
Well in the first place it shouldn't be "never" BUT less than common.
The Alien in Alien: Isolation is way too exposed especially for something that tries to mimic the first movie.
And... well... it was dumb, I mean, the creature was doing a lot of stupid things.
I loved the script element that randomly got it to RUN in one direction for a few meters.
It was so random that it never made me scared because I knew that because of randomness (and stupidity) of the algorithm I could Die or live at any moment without having done anything at all.
That made me laugh at some point because if you could predict it, You actually could stand in front of the Alien for 0.5 sec and if you're lucky enough, the event trigger and the alien after seeing you (but not enough time to activate the "hunt player event") would run in the opposite direction leaving you alone standing.
It gave me quite a laugh  :P
The alien barking like a dog / lion also gave me quite a good laugh. It felt like they took the Aliens from AVP and putted it in the body of the first alien. Not to mention the death scenes.

QuoteYes it would actually, stupidly so to the point where it would not be enjoyable to play.
If you think hard there are ways to make it very enjoyable.
I guess creativity isn't your strong point and nothing can be different than what Alien: Isolation brings.  ::)

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Le Celticant on Oct 05, 2014, 09:45:28 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Oct 05, 2014, 06:14:48 PM
It's said all the time about those type of mechanics not translating well into a videogame, until some developer comes around and implements it right.

The more these games evolve, the closer the experience is to the film. Not just visually but gameplay wise so I'm sure eventually someone will get it 99% right. A:I seems to be a huge step in that direction so that's most important.

Exactly, otherwise we would have A:CM all over again and again if no one dares to speak up.

I agree though, there are improvements going on, I feel very satisfied in that way.
But I still think it ain't the ultimate Alien experience. It was strongly solid for the first two or three hours.
I'm not gonna lie, I liked it at the beginning but eventually everything faded due to the repetition (and the story).

QuoteYou can't please everyone which is a shame. Leave the nit picking to the nit pickers.
Someone just want to see the world either in white or in black here.

You still don't know my opinion about this game apart what I thought were flaws.
You'll get use to it, I'm not someone who just say "AWESOME!!!!!!" or "THAT S*CKS!!!!!!"

QuoteWell Captain Sarcasm, it may as well be a book the way you describe it.
Alright General Sarcasm.

QuoteAnd? What's the issue here? What possible chance would you have to evade it if you could never see it in the first place?
Well in the first place it shouldn't be "never" BUT less than common.
The Alien in Alien: Isolation is way too exposed especially for something that tries to mimic the first movie.
And... well... it was dumb, I mean, the creature was doing a lot of stupid things.
I loved the script element that randomly got it to RUN in one direction for a few meters.
It was so random that it never made me scared because I knew that because of randomness (and stupidity) of the algorithm I could Die or live at any moment without having done anything at all.
That made me laugh at some point because if you could predict it, You actually could stand in front of the Alien for 0.5 sec and if you're lucky enough, the event trigger and the alien after seeing you (but not enough time to activate the "hunt player event") would run in the opposite direction leaving you alone standing.
It gave me quite a laugh  :P
The alien barking like a dog / lion also gave me quite a good laugh. It felt like they took the Aliens from AVP and putted it in the body of the first alien. Not to mention the death scenes.

QuoteYes it would actually, stupidly so to the point where it would not be enjoyable to play.
If you think hard there are ways to make it very enjoyable.
I guess creativity isn't your strong point and nothing can be different than what Alien: Isolation brings.  ::)

Well I guess basic common sense isn't your strong point then. I guess no one's replicated the perfect Alien experience because they simply can't be bothered. According to you, it sounds very easy to accomplish. God damn Creative Assembly and their retarded alien...

crazyrabbits

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Oct 04, 2014, 04:12:18 AM
I think it's inevitable that the worse things get,
Spoiler
the more you will see the alien nest, as it presumably did on Nostromo. The hive section of the game apparently takes place deep in Sevastopol Engineering, judging by the map listing.

I really hope we do not see a queen, and I did not hear one so much as mentioned in the limited stream I watched. I suspect they will not show one, actually. The queen is tired.

Also, re: the flight recorder, I don't know what comes later in the game but judging by the same guy's second video, Amanda discovers it early on behind an authorized door in Apollo Mainframe Systems (Apollo is the Sevastopol AI) and is heartbroken to realize its data has been corrupted. Whether or not it comes back into play later - the recorder's container appeared to have been opened - I have no idea.
[close]

I can answer those questions - I may as well write out a plot summary for those who want to be spoiled:

Spoiler
The game starts with Amanda being approached by Samuels to accompany the crew of the Torrens to Sevastopol to find the Nostromo's flight recorder (which IIRC is either found in debris or from the crew of the Anesidora intercepting a data packet that was sent from the ship to W-Y). The Torrens arrives at Sevastopol, but Amanda is separated from Samuels and Taylor when they try to cross a bridge to the station.

Amanda makes it inside and finds out that the station was in the process of being decommissioned when all hell broke loose. She meets Axel, a worker who tells her that there's a "creature" loose on the ship. They make it past several groups of armed civilians (who have segmented off and are trying to fend for themselves through violent means if necessary), and Axel is killed soon after by the xeno in an analogue to Brett's death in the original film.

Amanda eventually finds Samuels and Taylor, the latter of whom has been injured. She goes down to the infirmary deck and meets Dr. Kuhlman, who offers to get her inside if she can provide him a means of escape. She does so (and has to avoid the xeno again) and finds the trauma kit needed to treat Taylor, as well as the flight recorder (which is corrupted and can't be read). When she comes back, Kuhlman is killed by the xeno. She makes it back to Samuels and Taylor, though not before she has a close encounter with the xeno (and is only saved by the triggering of a trap that trashes most of the area).

She makes it back to Samuels and Taylor only to discover that they are now with a friendly faction called the Marshals, led by a pragmatic man named Waits. In the Marshall's office, she meets a member of the ship that delivered the flight recorder to the station in the first place. The man, Marlow, offers to tell Amanda everything he knows if she lets him go, and begins telling his story.

In flashback, Marlow and the rest of the crew of the Anesidora set down on a planet and make their way through to the derelict ship. Once inside, they find traces of the Nostromo crew's presence and Marlow disables the ship's distress beacon. The captain of the ship goes down below and (like Kane) discovers the facehugger eggs, one of which attacks her when she gets close.

In the present, Amanda agrees to help Waits and another technician (Ricardo) box in the creature in the station's spire, while Samuels goes off to get access to the APOLLO computer system. Amanda tries to trap the creature, but it escapes the area. She then improvises a plan with Ricardo to use herself as bait and draw it into the abandoned Gemini Labs sector.

Once there, she successfully triggers a lockdown and detachment of the sector, but Waits locks her in with the creature. She escapes through another airlock and makes it back to the station. Once there, Waits tells her that it had to be done and they're safe, but before she gets back to the office, the Working Joes attack and massacre everyone inside, with the exception of Marlow, Taylor (both of whom have gone missing) and Ricardo. She decides to find Samuels and activate APOLLO so they can stop the androids from killing anyone else.

With Ricardo as mission control, Amanda finds Samuels in the Seegson Synthetics labs. Samuels activates APOLLO so that she can speak to it, but dies in the process when the machine overloads. She eventually finds APOLLO and accesses it, only to discover that W-Y wants to protect the xeno at all costs. She also finds out from Ricardo that Taylor has made a deal with Marlow so they can escape and harness the creature.

In her quest to stop the Joes, Amanda accesses the station's reactor core and finds a nest with multiple xenos and eggs. She overloads the cores, which not only doesn't eradicate the threat completely, but allows Marlow to access the Anesidora (which is in orbit around the station) and draw it in so he and Taylor can get aboard. Amanda eventually uses an emergency shuttle to access the Anesidora and get aboard, where she finds a couple of facehuggers and the last transmission from her mother before she went into cryosleep (a personal message to Amanda detailing the situation).

Marlow appears behind a glass wall with Taylor (who he's taken hostage) and says that he intends to overload the ship's systems to destroy everyone and the station. Taylor stops him, though not before he initiates the self-destruct process. Amanda and Taylor work to stop the overload, but it only partially works. Taylor is killed by an explosion and Amanda escapes the ship before it blows up.

Once she arrives, Ricardo tells her how to access the Torrens so they can escape, and also reveals that the station is losing power and will get sucked into a nearby gas giant's gravity well soon. However, when she goes back to find him, she discovers that he's been facehugged. Amanda eventually gets in contact with Verlaine (the captain of the Torrens) and enacts a complicated plan to get back aboard the ship before the station's systems fail completely.

Once aboard the Torrens, she finds the xenomorph inside and (in a spacesuit) ejects it and herself from an airlock. The game ends with her floating in space as a ship flashes its lights at her.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Oct 05, 2014, 10:13:06 PM
Well I guess basic common sense isn't your strong point then. I guess no one's replicated the perfect Alien experience because they simply can't be bothered. According to you, it sounds very easy to accomplish. God damn Creative Assembly and their retarded alien...

Alright - enough, please.

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Oct 05, 2014, 07:58:00 PM
Has anyone tried Crew Expendable yet, or is it not accessible until official release day?

I've tried it. Can't really judge since I got about 2 minutes in and pussied out. Played as Parker.

stemot

Nightlord

Nozzivix

I'm no Pewdiepie, but I'm also doing an LP if you want less screaming, and a slightly different silly accent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES8dNxjgLOY&feature=youtu.be&a

Jango1201

Quote from: Nozzivix on Oct 06, 2014, 11:55:43 PM
I'm no Pewdiepie, but I'm also doing an LP if you want less screaming, and a slightly different silly accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES8dNxjgLOY&feature=youtu.be&a

Indeed your not Pewdiepie. You are more annoying. 

Corporal Hicks

Uncool. No personal insults please.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed