Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Sep 24, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2 (Read 49,485 times)

SM

QuoteSo confirmation that these movies have nothing to do with a Xeno story.

We had confirmation of this years ago.  It's not news.

Blacklabel

nice bit of non-news news.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: orchidal on Sep 24, 2014, 11:00:10 PM
Quote from: Crazy shrimp on Sep 24, 2014, 04:05:16 PM
Apparently Ford is very busy with Star Wars: https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/ridley-scott-updates-us-on-prometheus-2-and-blade-98235330841.html

HO--shit!

and "xenomorph free" leads me to believe that the recent comics are solely there to satiate and pacify the masses who wanted more of the Deacon and/or Xenomorph.

Probably "AlĂ­en The Weyland-Yutani Report" will be a true compilation of canon material, and yes, comics are just an appetizer, and it's quite clear that Ridley Scott ignores the EU.

SM

The new EU material has been studiously trying to avoid any conflict with further Prometheus films.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on Sep 24, 2014, 10:07:15 PM
Quote"mixed reaction" - Critics may have loved it. But people didn't.

Average IMDB rating of 7.1/10.
When data isn't kind - make shit up, eh?  :laugh:

I'm sure that the sequel will be successful in terms of box office just like the first one and even the disappointed fans will go to see it.

Quote from: SM on Sep 24, 2014, 11:56:07 PM
The new EU material has been studiously trying to avoid any conflict with further Prometheus films.

You mean the chronological changes in Fire and Stone?

Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 24, 2014, 11:37:53 PM
nice bit of non-news news.

Yep, there are no real spoilers here, and now I wonder if all the rewrites are to deal with the "Find out how I gets his head back on!"  :P

T Dog

So the reporter thinks the main criticism with Prometheus was the lack of Aliens.
The film was flawed on every imaginable level - tell that to old man Scott.....and lose your job I guess.

p1nk81cd

The Alien isn't scary anymore? Horse cawk and ballz, she's still my queen of the unnerving sexual horrors of cinema. She just needs a good director and script to bring her back into the good graces of the limelight.

Prometheus Two? Ehh, I initially hated the first film but are now indifferent to it. It's an overhyped film but it's not terrible.

The sequel will come forth. People will bash it. People will love it. But just like Miley Cyrus or Justin Beiber...after a while, nobody'll give a shit.

SM

QuoteYou mean the chronological changes in Fire and Stone?

Not sure which chronological changes you mean, but whatever stories they've concocted for the Fire & Stone series have gone through various people to ensure whatever they've come up with for Prometheus 2 won't conflict.  Unlike how Alien3 and Resurrection completely ignored the comic books.

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2014, 12:22:14 AM
So the reporter thinks the main criticism with Prometheus was the lack of Aliens.
The film was flawed on every imaginable level - tell that to old man Scott.....and lose your job I guess.

I guess that, for the sake of not getting off-topic, they just decided to site one of the many fan complaints. Most fans were dissapointed -but for numerous and even contradictory factors; the point here is that fans have complaints and are still curious about Prometheus 2.

SM

QuoteMost fans were dissapointed

You base this on?

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: SM on Sep 25, 2014, 12:40:26 AM
QuoteMost fans were dissapointed

You base this on?

Your face  :'(

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on Sep 25, 2014, 12:32:30 AM
QuoteYou mean the chronological changes in Fire and Stone?

Not sure which chronological changes you mean, but whatever stories they've concocted for the Fire & Stone series have gone through various people to ensure whatever they've come up with for Prometheus 2 won't conflict.  Unlike how Alien3 and Resurrection completely ignored the comic books.

Well, the Prometheus comic book take place centuries after the film, but apparently that was not the original plan and they were pressured to make that change. That's what I meant with chronological changes.

T Dog

Quote from: orchidal on Sep 25, 2014, 12:39:09 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2014, 12:22:14 AM

I guess that, for the sake of not getting off-topic, they just decided to site one of the many fan complaints. Most fans were dissapointed -but for numerous and even contradictory factors; the point here is that fans have complaints and are still curious about Prometheus 2.

Hoping for Prometheus 2 over BR2 any day.

orchidal

orchidal

^Hell yeah.

Nightmare Asylum

Agreed. Prometheus, while no where near as good as Blade Runner, is practically screaming for a sequel.

I'm more than content with Blade Runner staying standalone.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed