Survivor Mode Trailer

Started by ikarop, Sep 17, 2014, 01:22:21 PM

Author
Survivor Mode Trailer (Read 27,422 times)

Samus007

Samus007

No, wait. I'm a little upset only because I am looking at it this way, and please correct me if i am wrong.

I know this is standard fare for the most part, I get that. But what throws me off is the fact that the Survival mode that comes with the game is a demo'ish sorta thing. Like a tease. (Basically Isolation doesn't have multiplayer, which is fine, but this is equivalent for the sake of argument here). That would be like COD or The Last of US coming out for $60 only giving you the single player and including a single multiplayer map tease level enticing you to buy the "full multiplayer experience" for an extra $30. I wouldn't really have a big problem with what Creative Assembly is doing here if it came with 4 areas to play this survival mode in, instead of half of one. Then release the expansion packs later and so on.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Samus007 on Sep 18, 2014, 12:41:11 PM
No, wait. I'm a little upset only because I am looking at it this way, and please correct me if i am wrong.

I know this is standard fare for the most part, I get that. But what throws me off is the fact that the Survival mode that comes with the game is a demo'ish sorta thing. Like a tease. (Basically Isolation doesn't have multiplayer, which is fine, but this is equivalent for the sake of argument here). That would be like COD or The Last of US coming out for $60 only giving you the single player and including a single multiplayer map tease level enticing you to buy the "full multiplayer experience" for an extra $30. I wouldn't really have a big problem with what Creative Assembly is doing here if it came with 4 areas to play this survival mode in, instead of half of one. Then release the expansion packs later and so on.

Well the point of the game is to feel isolated and alone. They really don't want to have other people in the game giving you the sense of security and safety. The point of the game is to survive. Just you and the Alien and that's it. I think the survival mode is pretty cool. You can compete with others and survive in different ways depending on your strategy. I don't think this game should ever be multiplayer and there's a lot of good reasons for that but I sympathize with what your talking about. 

WinterActual

WinterActual

Lol leaderboards  :laugh: 12 hours later all top spots would be hacked and glitched to death  :laugh:

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: Chronicle on Sep 18, 2014, 01:07:36 PM

Well the point of the game is to feel isolated and alone. They really don't want to have other people in the game giving you the sense of security and safety. The point of the game is to survive. Just you and the Alien and that's it. I think the survival mode is pretty cool. You can compete with others and survive in different ways depending on your strategy. I don't think this game should ever be multiplayer and there's a lot of good reasons for that but I sympathize with what your talking about.

Never said i want multiplayer. Here, maybe i'll try and explain my point better. Lets just say that instead of "The Last of US" for instance coming with multiplayer it came with a Survivor mode. Now, since I am replacing the multiplayer mode with a Survivor mode, it is included with the game The Last of Us. Now, take that away, and give the users just a TEASE of the Survivor mode and then charge $30 extra on top of that. That imo sucks, and is what Creative Assembly is doing here.

What most companies have done is they give you 4 or 8 or whatever maps, or missions etc included with the game. THEN if you want more and more and more of said maps or missions, then you pay for those with a season pass or whatever. What I am a little upset about is that you only get a tiny tiny bit of survivor mode included with the game. It's not really a huge huge deal, I just think it sucks thats all.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Samus007 on Sep 18, 2014, 04:04:46 PM
Quote from: Chronicle on Sep 18, 2014, 01:07:36 PM

Never said i want multiplayer. Here, maybe i'll try and explain my point better. Lets just say that instead of "The Last of US" for instance coming with multiplayer it came with a Survivor mode. Now, since I am replacing the multiplayer mode with a Survivor mode, it is included with the game The Last of Us. Now, take that away, and give the users just a TEASE of the Survivor mode and then charge $30 extra on top of that. That imo sucks, and is what Creative Assembly is doing here.

What most companies have done is they give you 4 or 8 or whatever maps, or missions etc included with the game. THEN if you want more and more and more of said maps or missions, then you pay for those with a season pass or whatever. What I am a little upset about is that you only get a tiny tiny bit of survivor mode included with the game. It's not really a huge huge deal, I just think it sucks thats all.

Yeah I understand you now. I honestly don't care. Survivor mode or not its cool with me. This game is a expierience for the player and I intend to be playing the shit out of this game for awhile. Once this comes out i'm throwing Destiny aside.

Stringer2355

Stringer2355

Survivor Mode from Twitch Stream (Steam Version)
http://www.twitch.tv/sacriel/b/569800553

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Oh right so it's a "demo", pretty sure that's the first mention of that, i.e. they haven't really been upfront with whats in the package they are asking everyone to preorder.

I don't take the point that it's griping, take a look a some of the best AAA games, they are crammed full of content at launch, I'm not against DLC if it's new content but releasing a map at a time is pretty low.

christian.velguth

christian.velguth

Quote from: Stringer2355 on Sep 18, 2014, 04:45:22 PM

I love that main menu, its so minimalist and at the same time atmospheric.. The opening titles from Alien is one of my favorite pieces by Jerry Goldsmith.

Stringer2355

Stringer2355

Alien Isolation Exclusive | Survivor Mode Flamethrower PC Gameplay 1080 HD
http://youtu.be/OQhu-z5RvSo?list=UU8RfCCzWsMgNspTI-GTFenQ

SM

SM

Quote from: Xenoscream on Sep 18, 2014, 09:22:31 PM
Oh right so it's a "demo", pretty sure that's the first mention of that, i.e. they haven't really been upfront with whats in the package they are asking everyone to preorder.

I don't take the point that it's griping, take a look a some of the best AAA games, they are crammed full of content at launch, I'm not against DLC if it's new content but releasing a map at a time is pretty low.

Vote with your wallet.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Pretty sure it says the DLC comes with 3 levels in the expansions - you're not buying a single map every time. But wait until you play the map that ships with the game.

Considering I wasn't expecting anything other than a nice chunky single player campaign, I'm very happy to see some extra modes and that they are providing DLC. Depending on how good the game actually turns out, I might hope to see some "proper" single player expansions.

gabgrave

gabgrave

Indeed, the first dlc will have 3 maps, but according to this statement all the dlcs are for survivor mode.
QuoteIt was announced today that the game's DLC pass will include access to five expansions for the game's Survivor Mode.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: christian.velguth on Sep 18, 2014, 10:38:51 PM
Quote from: Stringer2355 on Sep 18, 2014, 04:45:22 PM

I love that main menu, its so minimalist and at the same time atmospheric.. The opening titles from Alien is one of my favorite pieces by Jerry Goldsmith.

Agreed that main menu is perfect. They nailed it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: gabgrave on Sep 19, 2014, 07:49:36 AM
Indeed, the first dlc will have 3 maps, but according to this statement all the dlcs are for survivor mode.
QuoteIt was announced today that the game's DLC pass will include access to five expansions for the game's Survivor Mode.

I know - just means I'll hope for different Dlc after.  :)

gabgrave

gabgrave

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 19, 2014, 03:58:36 PM
I know - just means I'll hope for different Dlc after.  :)
I hope you're right, I really do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed