Alien: Isolation - No Escape Vignette, Goes Gold

Started by ikarop, Sep 09, 2014, 02:14:18 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation - No Escape Vignette, Goes Gold (Read 24,138 times)

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 17, 2014, 11:52:34 PM
I'd manhandle dat alien bruh he run at me like it crazy and it ova.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Xenoscream

Hmmm I certainly won't be chucking stuff at him and then hanging around.

Jango1201

My biggest gripe so far with the alien is he kills too fast and just charges into a room full of people. It would be much more terrifying if it could sneak up behind you and take its time killing. In the first movie it seemed like it was savoring the moment.

christian.velguth

I dunno, it didn't seem to waste any time taking out Brett or Dallas. I think the tensions and "toying" is just it sneaking around before finding you, which it seems to do plenty of in the game.

XenoZ

XenoZ

Not entirely sure if I like the loud thudding of the alien's feet. Especially in the vent. I've always imagined their movement to be soundless which could cause more tension. Maybe we'll be able to edit/delete out the stomping sound files?  :)

Jango1201

Quote from: christian.velguth on Sep 18, 2014, 10:35:56 PM
I dunno, it didn't seem to waste any time taking out Brett or Dallas. I think the tensions and "toying" is just it sneaking around before finding you, which it seems to do plenty of in the game.

It did take it's time revealing itself to Bret and we only heard it scream at Dallas.  It didn't charge at lambert even while Parker was in the room.

gabgrave

I think there may be a difference in the weight of an Alien that's 7 feet tall and one that's 10 feet tall. Also it's been living the life on a station with walk-in-buffet, it probably put on more than a few pounds.

Personally, the footsteps sounds like the arrogance of a dominant species, one that knows whose the boss. Also sounds like what a Queen or Praetorian would sound like on the prowl.

SM

Something as big as the Alien isn't going to not make a sound when it walks.  Whether it'll be as loud as the game... meh.  The Queen is loud in Aliens.  The Fiorina and Auriga Aliens, not so much.  But they're not silent either.

gabgrave

gabgrave

Not to mention for Kane's son, he teleports from scene to scene, and any sound not meant to be heard is covered up by amazingly coincidental bursts of dramatic music or sound effects.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Its all about weight distribution.  Predators typically develop stealth means of approach, people have been picked off boats in Asia by tigers so silently that other people in the boat didn't know that were missing until it was too late.  And Tigers are big animals.

I think if the Aliens were found in nature you probably wouldn't know they were around until you were f**ked anyways.

The heavy footfalls are just a gameplay mechanic for people that don't want to constantly use the motion tracker. 

Jango1201

Even in Aliens they were silent. You really didn't know they were there until they had their teeth around your head.  Trying to out stealth the ultimate weapon of stealth is much more frightening. But all my complaints aside, I still cannot wait for this game. :)

gabgrave

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 20, 2014, 04:22:53 AM
Its all about weight distribution.  Predators typically develop stealth means of approach, people have been picked off boats in Asia by tigers so silently they didn't even know that other people in the boat didn't know that were missing until it was too late.  And Tigers are big animals.

I think if the Aliens were found in nature you probably wouldn't know they were around until you were f**ked anyways.

The heavy footfalls are just a gameplay mechanic for people that don't want to constantly use the motion tracker.
Pretty sure having paw pads and being in the jungle plays a big part of the tiger's stealth. Are there any bipedal animals that can distribute it's weight enough to move with extreme silence on metal grates? Other than humans that is.

But I do agree that it's definitely a game mechanic. What I'm wondering though is where those parts about how it's supposed to move quietly if it's hunting you went to. All it does is stop moving, or hide in vents.

Kimarhi

The alien doesn't have to move as just a biped since we see them traveling along quadruped fairly often. 

Any big predator moves silently, if you broadcast your arrival it gives your prey a chance to run away.  But that's kind of the point in this game, you'd have no chance if the Alien could just Houdini behind you. 

Vrastal

They have to give the player SOMETHING so footfalls and screams are a way letting the player know its dinner time.

I think it kind of adds to it, but im terrified of things chasing me. I still get a little freaked out in avp2 when swarms of aliens chase me

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed