AvPG Interviews S.D Perry

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 05, 2014, 07:32:25 AM

Author
AvPG Interviews S.D Perry (Read 10,625 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I have just uploaded an interview conducted with the legendary Stephani Danelle Perry, the author of numerous Alien books including the upcoming Weyland-Yutani Report by Insight Media. Danelle is responsible for some of the best Alien novels written and it a pleasure to get to speak to her:

Most of my work was direct assignment—like, adapt this piece, or write this type of story in this type of universe. The few times I was asked to pitch, I did four or five ideas, and the editors picked one to develop. I don't remember the ones they rejected... Though to be fair, why would I? All of those books were written on tight deadlines; if the editor or editors didn't like an idea, I promptly forgot it. “

We discuss her older work and a little bit about the Weyland-Yutani Report. Be sure to check out the entire interview in our interview section. Danelle has also agreed to stick around for a few days in order to answer any of your questions about The Weyland-Yutani Report. Please feel free to pop into our forums and leave any questions.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Excellent, be giving this a listen for sure!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

This one is a written one. I have to switch between podcast and written, keep things interesting.  :P

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Well maybe I'm gonna have someone read it to me, Mr. Smarty Pants?

(I'm not. That would be a bit weird.)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

This should be an interesting read!

Mormegil

Mormegil

This is Steve Perry's daughter, right? I'm so excited to read this! Didn't she help with the first AvP: Prey and some others?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Mormegil on Sep 07, 2014, 02:31:48 AM
This is Steve Perry's daughter, right? I'm so excited to read this! Didn't she help with the first AvP: Prey and some others?

She co-wrote Prey, and wrote War.

Mormegil

Mormegil

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 07, 2014, 02:36:29 AM
Quote from: Mormegil on Sep 07, 2014, 02:31:48 AM

She co-wrote Prey, and wrote War.

Thank you, Rakai. I remember really liking War in novel form, but the comic art kind of put me off. Either way, I thought it was an okay conclusion to Naguchi's insanely cool arc, and even included Berserker, one of the most badass Aliens stories to ever be told.

In any case, she's achieved a hell of a lot more than I have, and I have nothing but respect for her.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Berserker novelization might be my favorite Aliens style novel.

She also did Labyrinth which might be my favorite Alien style novel.

She's pretty boss.

Her dad is writing some stories about some mercs that are doing jobs across the galaxy right now that are actually pretty fun reads as well. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 07, 2014, 03:32:35 AM
Berserker novelization might be my favorite Aliens style novel.

She also did Labyrinth which might be my favorite Alien style novel.

She's pretty boss.

Her dad is writing some stories about some mercs that are doing jobs across the galaxy right now that are actually pretty fun reads as well. 
She also did Aliens: Criminal Enterprise for DH Press, which is a pretty fun read.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Yup.  I think its probably the best out of the DH Press novels but isn't up to par with the bantam ones. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I think it's the best of the Aliens DH Press novels for sure - 'Predator: South China Sea' is definitely my favorite DH Press novel overall.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think South Sea China is the best of the Predator novels.

But I completely agree with you about Criminal Enterprise. No Exit had the potential to be the best but that last half really let it down.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I cannot abide melee combat with 8' tall killing machines so No Exit is not a fave of mine even if it started strong. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

No Exit really fell apart in the second half, and it started really strong, too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed