The Martian & Blade Runner 2 Before Prometheus 2?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 26, 2014, 10:39:59 AM

Author
The Martian & Blade Runner 2 Before Prometheus 2? (Read 28,314 times)

T Dog

SM

Shilpa must be the work experience kid.

Russ

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 23, 2014, 12:28:31 AM
Yeah and Danny Webb is reprising his role of Morse. A most reliable article you have there.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise it was my job to check the journalist's sources for you.

Quote from: SM on Sep 23, 2014, 12:37:18 AM
Shilpa must be the work experience kid.

Hey, we all have to start somewhere...

SM

If that's their standard of research they can look forward to a long fruitful journalistic career of parroting press releases.

Russ

Quote from: SM on Sep 23, 2014, 08:32:06 AM
If that's their standard of research they can look forward to a long fruitful journalistic career of parroting press releases.

Its your enthusiasm I enjoy, SM.

T Dog

Quote from: Russ on Sep 23, 2014, 08:14:33 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 23, 2014, 12:28:31 AM
Yeah and Danny Webb is reprising his role of Morse. A most reliable article you have there.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise it was my job to check the journalist's sources for you.

Apology accepted.

Surely though you can spot an article that's cobbled together from strands of rumours and fake IMDB cast updates no?

SM

Quote from: Russ on Sep 23, 2014, 08:53:00 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 23, 2014, 08:32:06 AM

Its your enthusiasm I enjoy, SM.

Oh, this is about me now?

Why, thank you!

Russ

Quote from: SM on Sep 24, 2014, 01:26:33 AM

Oh, this is about me now?

Why, thank you!

It's always about you, sweetie xx

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 24, 2014, 01:20:16 AM

Apology accepted.

Surely though you can spot an article that's cobbled together from strands of rumours and fake IMDB cast updates no?

Which is why I posted "The March 2016 rumour returns."

I'd be interested to know how one posts fake IMDB cast updates, though? Can you enlighten me? I thought the IMDB process was pretty arduous in the first place and you have to give provable sources to human administrators before an update is accepted. To my knowledge for a person to have been "rumoured" there still has to have been some contact with them. I think that if you name them as "attached" (but not confirmed) they will appear as rumoured till they're "cast."

At least that's what I thought. But all that's clearly a crock if they can just go round making shit up on the IMDB page. Please let me know how you get round the process to do that? I'm really, genuinely interested.

SM

QuoteIt's always about you, sweetie xx

Not nearly as often as it f**ken well should be.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Sep 24, 2014, 07:49:02 AMI'd be interested to know how one posts fake IMDB cast updates, though? Can you enlighten me? I thought the IMDB process was pretty arduous in the first place and you have to give provable sources to human administrators before an update is accepted. To my knowledge for a person to have been "rumoured" there still has to have been some contact with them. I think that if you name them as "attached" (but not confirmed) they will appear as rumoured till they're "cast."

I dunno if it's the same for cast members, but all the trivia/goofs stuff etc. on there is basically just a wiki, anyone can edit it and add whatever they like.  I've no idea if it ever gets checked.

Russ

Quote from: SM on Sep 24, 2014, 08:09:58 AM

Not nearly as often as it f**ken well should be.

hahaha - yep, I'm married - I've said the same thing myself in many different contexts *lol*

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 24, 2014, 08:18:52 AM
I dunno if it's the same for cast members, but all the trivia/goofs stuff etc. on there is basically just a wiki, anyone can edit it and add whatever they like.  I've no idea if it ever gets checked.

Yeah, for sure. I mean trivia / goofs anyone can add, but "Morse" is listed as rumoured on the cast list - which has to be (I'm guessing) registered by the production company and is administered by them (or a minion). Let's say we want Angelina Jolie, Kate Beckinsale, Rhona Mitra and Scarlett Johannsen to be in Prometheus II. We edit the page and send off our amends - would IMDB just accept the words of Russ and HuDaFuk without checking with ScotFree and post them up there?

I genuinely don't know, but tmjhur is saying that we should surely be able to spot if an article is cobbled together from strands of rumours and fake IMDB entries. I'm wondering how the entry can be fake unless we assume that IMDB just don't bother checking these things and you and I could go on there and merrily add our dream cast to the page and set the internet aflame with fake entries.

My interest in the article above was the date - it was only a few days ago so I was wondering why it was news again. That said, I've not checked if there are other articles about "Morse" (the other stuff we have heard before of course). But tmjur postulates that its obviously fake - hence my question.

SM

Things that pop up on IMDB that aren't true often get made public quickly and are then debunked by the person concerned or their agent.

Russ

100% - If they're in "in talks" and then decide not is one thing. My query really is is it that easy to go and decide we want Angie, Kate, Rhona and Scarlett in P2 and just throw it up there? Or Danny, in this case.

If so, I'm flabbergasted, but I don't know the answer (hence the query *lol*).

I hear what you're saying on debunks - Shatner just said today that he's not part of Trek 3 as was "rumored" but looking on IMDB, he's not listed as cast (no one is for that matter). But as I say, that's not really my point. Tmjur intimates that we should surely be able to spot fake cast updates - I'm wondering how easy that is.

Now - if Danny's potential involvement has come from an official source, that puts a different spin on things.

But if its made up bollocks because Russ and HuDaFuk went on there pissed up and put Danny on the cast list "for a laugh" then colour me amazed - I really thought there'd be some sort of check to stop that sort of thing happening.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Russ on Sep 24, 2014, 10:27:23 AM
Yeah, for sure. I mean trivia / goofs anyone can add, but "Morse" is listed as rumoured on the cast list - which has to be (I'm guessing) registered by the production company and is administered by them (or a minion). Let's say we want Angelina Jolie, Kate Beckinsale, Rhona Mitra and Scarlett Johannsen to be in Prometheus II. We edit the page and send off our amends - would IMDB just accept the words of Russ and HuDaFuk without checking with ScotFree and post them up there?

I genuinely don't know, but tmjhur is saying that we should surely be able to spot if an article is cobbled together from strands of rumours and fake IMDB entries. I'm wondering how the entry can be fake unless we assume that IMDB just don't bother checking these things and you and I could go on there and merrily add our dream cast to the page and set the internet aflame with fake entries.

My interest in the article above was the date - it was only a few days ago so I was wondering why it was news again. That said, I've not checked if there are other articles about "Morse" (the other stuff we have heard before of course). But tmjur postulates that its obviously fake - hence my question.

Anyone can add their name or that of another to the credit/cast list and it is usually checked by an admin (takes about a week) before it's published on the page. Otherwise you would end up with hordes of fake resumes on IMDb. They usually require proof such as a payslip or contract and/or they might check with a representative from the relevant production company if the film is still in pre-production. But sometimes things slip through or there is some kind of balls-up or they just don't check up at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed