The Martian & Blade Runner 2 Before Prometheus 2?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 26, 2014, 10:39:59 AM

Author
The Martian & Blade Runner 2 Before Prometheus 2? (Read 28,004 times)

Kimarhi

I don't care if there is never another Prometheus film. 

Everything they did they could've done without sullying the Alien franchise any further. 

Now I'm worried to what he will do to Blade Runner. 

Wobblyboddle77

You need to be more passionate and stop being so negative.

Kimarhi

you need to stop worrying about somebody else's opinions on the franchise GUY. 

Wobblyboddle77

Being negative dosen't help geezer old boy, i come here and so do other fans because we're passionate and reading from what you put, it's not constructive just trolling.

Kimarhi

::)

Because anybody that doesn't have your same opinion is a troll.

Get over yourself.  Prometheus was a hair better than AvP.  It was much worse than any other Alien standalone installments.

That's MY opinion. 

If yours differs then so be it. 

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Aug 28, 2014, 05:26:06 AMBeing negative dosen't help geezer old boy, i come here and so do other fans because we're passionate and reading from what you put, it's not constructive just trolling.

How was he trolling?! He just said he didn't like the film!

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 28, 2014, 05:30:20 AMPrometheus was a hair better than AvP.  It was much worse than any other Alien standalone installments.

Other than Prometheus only being slightly better than AVP (I thought it was miles better than that trash), I think I might agree with you. Resurrection is the obvious contender for being worse than Prometheus, but for all of that movie's faults, I never found myself wishing it would just end so I could leave. By the final act of Prometheus I'd got so bored and frustrated that leave was exactly what I wanted to do.

Xenoscream

The difference between Prometheus and A:R to me is that A:R didn't mess with any of the previous films, it was pretty much stand alone. Prometheus takes the most mysterious bit of Alien and craps all over it.

Prometheus stand alone is an OK/good film, but as part of the Alien series it fails badly. I think I even gave it two ratings in my initial review to reflect that.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenoscream on Aug 28, 2014, 09:57:24 AMThe difference between Prometheus and A:R to me is that A:R didn't mess with any of the previous films, it was pretty much stand alone. Prometheus takes the most mysterious bit of Alien and craps all over it.

You could argue Resurrection shat all over the fact that Ripley sacrificed her life to rid the universe of the Alien at the end of the third film...

Xenoscream

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 28, 2014, 10:10:30 AM
Quote from: Xenoscream on Aug 28, 2014, 09:57:24 AMThe difference between Prometheus and A:R to me is that A:R didn't mess with any of the previous films, it was pretty much stand alone. Prometheus takes the most mysterious bit of Alien and craps all over it.

You could argue Resurrection shat all over the fact that Ripley sacrificed her life to rid the universe of the Alien at the end of the third film...

Well a bit, however the film does say things like (and this is from memory):

"for all intensive purposes" she succeeded, at least for 200 years, and certainly from WY getting them taking the queen she was carrying back to Earth etc. That's still a worthwhile sacrifice in my book.
Ripley is still dead, the character in the movie is "not her"
And at the end of the film the Aliens are wiped out again which wraps it up

So I guess my point is Alien Res kind of stands alone, while Prometheus says it stands alone but actually alters some of the fundamentals of Alien.

Xenomorphine

Everyone and their dog knew Ripley's sacrifice was only ever going to be a temporary stalling effort. Another sequel was inevitable.

Jango1201

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 28, 2014, 09:46:19 PM
Everyone and their dog knew Ripley's sacrifice was only ever going to be a temporary stalling effort. Another sequel was inevitable.

It was a spinoff in my opinion. A what if and nothing more. On the Prometheus subject, it needs to be given to someone else to free up Ridley for BR 2.

HuDaFuK

Am I the only person who doesn't particularly want them to make another Blade Runner? The way all these "let's revisit old franchises" movies have gone lately, I have practically zero hope it will be any good.

SM

Ripley's sacrifice remains intact since the only way they could get another Alien was to clone her.

Infected

Everybody should give up hope for a jockey revisit, Giger is gone and Ridley isnt up to it by himself.
If another producer will try again then the only result you will get is an Ressurection movie

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Infected on Aug 29, 2014, 02:37:11 PMEverybody should give up hope for a jockey revisit, Giger is gone and Ridley isnt up to it by himself.

Not counting stuff reused from earlier films, Giger actually didn't do much at all on Prometheus, just a few murals.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed