Alien: Isolation SDCC 2014 Comic Scans

Started by ikarop, Jul 30, 2014, 09:35:55 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation SDCC 2014 Comic Scans (Read 16,427 times)

Space Sweeper

That was quite awesome. LOVE the art style, works really well for the ALIEN atmosphere.

Corporal Hicks

Very good comic. Loved the artwork and as mentioned, does some nice setup without spoiling much. The nightmare segment was really cool.

Xenoscream

So looks like there is someone facehugged on board... I kind of read it as that person's nightmares

Jango1201

Perhaps the alien in the comic Is the first alien, and the alien in the game is from the guy face hugged.

Xenomrph

Prices on the comic have plummeted on ebay if people are looking for personal copies - I just got the comic and the Alien: Isolation tote bag for $10 shipped, which is very reasonable in my book. I wish I could have gotten the Sevastopol patch as well, but I don't mind getting that separately.

Vrastal

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 02, 2014, 01:06:46 AM
Prices on the comic have plummeted on ebay if people are looking for personal copies - I just got the comic and the Alien: Isolation tote bag for $10 shipped, which is very reasonable in my book. I wish I could have gotten the Sevastopol patch as well, but I don't mind getting that separately.

We can order the goodie bag?

Xenomrph

Well it's people on ebay who went to SDCC, selling the goodie bag, comic book, etc. It's not like you're buying direct from FOX/Sega/Dark Horse/whatever.

I happened to bid on an auction that had both the bag and the comic, and won for about $10 shipped. There's a bunch of other comparable auctions for similar prices, too. Just do a search for "SDCC Isolation" or something similar and it'll bring up a bunch of stuff.

Ultramorph

Just got around to reading this, and I thought it was a pretty cool teaser for Isolation. I'm looking forward to seeing how the story plays out, and how the Anesidora angle unfolds. From the looks of the Derelict lookalike, I think we might be revisiting LV-426 again, even if just in terms of flashbacks.

ikarop

QuotePreorder Alien: Isolation and receive a free upgrade to the Nostromo Edition, which includes the bonus content"Crew Expendable", + an exclusive digital graphic novel. Dark Horse and Alien: Isolation are proud to present these three short tales, set on the station before Amanda Ripley's arrival. In amidst a panicked, despairing and dwindling population, things are lurking in the dark and something hunts from the shadows as the routine of the station is thrown in to chaos. Discover beautiful art and story-telling in this 24 page novel. This Alien: Isolation comic will never be sold digitally and this is your chance to grab one.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I19TYW2

Xenomrph

Re-reading the SDCC comic after watching a lot of gameplay footage and stuff, there's some details that are starting to fall into place, and other little details that I think are cleverly-hidden spoilers.

This is largely speculation, but I'm going to spoiler-tag it anyway.

Spoiler

The facehugged guy in the comic is the host of the titular Alien, he mentions being affiliated with a character who is mentioned in some gameplay videos as being the guy who (inadvertently) brought the Alien to Sevastopol.

Also in his nightmares, you can see what seems to be the partial silhouette of the LV-426 Derelict obscured in some dust, my prediction is that they went back there, got an egg, dude got facehugged, they put him on ice and brought him to Sevastopol thinking they could save him somehow, and then he gave birth to the Alien and all hell breaks loose.
[close]

Ultramorph

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 23, 2014, 08:14:28 AM
Spoiler

The facehugged guy in the comic is the host of the titular Alien, he mentions being affiliated with a character who is mentioned in some gameplay videos as being the guy who (inadvertently) brought the Alien to Sevastopol.

Also in his nightmares, you can see what seems to be the partial silhouette of the LV-426 Derelict obscured in some dust, my prediction is that they went back there, got an egg, dude got facehugged, they put him on ice and brought him to Sevastopol thinking they could save him somehow, and then he gave birth to the Alien and all hell breaks loose.
[close]

That sounds pretty plausible. I wonder if

Spoiler
River of Pain will tie into Isolation by having what happens on Sevastopol be the catalyst for W-Y's renewed interest in LV-426.
[close]

predxeno

Does anyone know whether the characters in the comic will appear in the game?  A:CM's prequel comic had Doc and O'Neal but only one of them ever ended up in the actual game itself, I assume the other one probably got killed.

Corporal Hicks

We've seen the sheriff in some footage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed