‘Alien 5’ Planned? Sigourney Weaver Wants To Resolve Ripley’s Story

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jul 27, 2014, 03:10:24 AM

Author
‘Alien 5’ Planned? Sigourney Weaver Wants To Resolve Ripley’s Story (Read 39,622 times)

SM

QuoteI haven't seen his latest Evil movies, but I imagine they're basically copies of what came before each one of them.

I caught some of one of the later sequels.  Think it had the same laser trap from the first one...  And the first one was incredibly average.

Local Trouble

They were all awful once he stopped making an effort to align them with the games.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 06, 2014, 12:12:10 AM
They were all awful once he stopped making an effort to align them with the games.

dude even starting with Mortal Kombat it was horrible. I think the one film that maybe got close to even being called worthy to be a film is the first Resident Evil and thats it. All the other stuff is plebian.

SM

I thought MK was generally regarded as being half decent.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Chronicle on Aug 06, 2014, 02:25:15 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 06, 2014, 12:12:10 AM

dude even starting with Mortal Kombat it was horrible. I think the one film that maybe got close to even being called worthy to be a film is the first Resident Evil and thats it. All the other stuff is plebian.

They were all better movies than Alien Resurrection.

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

No, please just no. Sigourney is just too old now, and the film we be chalk full references and nods to the other films.

Just remember the abortion that was Indiana Jones 4, thats pretty much how Alien 5 would be.

I'm all in favor for a remake/reboot at this point...

PsyKore

Quote from: SM on Aug 06, 2014, 02:32:57 AM
I thought MK was generally regarded as being half decent.

"So bad it's good" I think is how it's regarded.

SM

SM

Oh, right.  Fair enough.

Quote from: A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus on Aug 06, 2014, 06:06:39 AM
No, please just no. Sigourney is just too old now, and the film we be chalk full references and nods to the other films.

Like how Aliens had all those nods to Alien?

QuoteJust remember the abortion that was Indiana Jones 4, thats pretty much how Alien 5 would be.

I remember how Crystal Skull rated 78% on RT, 6.3/10 on IMDB and made $780+m.  Sounds pretty good to me.

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

Quote from: SM on Aug 06, 2014, 06:27:40 AM
Oh, right.  Fair enough.

Quote from: A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus on Aug 06, 2014, 06:06:39 AM

Like how Aliens had all those nods to Alien?

QuoteJust remember the abortion that was Indiana Jones 4, thats pretty much how Alien 5 would be.

I remember how Crystal Skull rated 78% on RT, 6.3/10 on IMDB and made $780+m.  Sounds pretty good to me.

Wow, I bet you love the Star Wars Prequels too.

BTW, Superman Returns also has a great score on RT, as does Prometheus...

SM

Yeah I dug the prequels.  Lot of people did.

And Prometheus.  Haven't seen Superman Returns.

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

Yeah, your opinion no longer matters to me...

SM

HuDaFuK

I really didn't like the Resident Evil films at all. The first one started OK but lost it by about halfway through, and what sequels I've seen were all pretty shitty (although I'll confess to having a bit of a laugh with them when surrounded by friends and filled with alcohol).

I maintain that Event Horizon is the only really decent film he's made.

MH-875

I'll confess to having enjoyed Indiana Jones 4 and never quite understood why the noise over "nuking the fridge" was so loud and yet so many of Indiana's other antics that should have severely injured or killed him (being dragged under a speeding truck, leaping out of a plane on a raft, being on the end of a 50 ft. pendulum as it slams into a cliff face, being in a confined space, wading through flammable liquid--bonus points for it being full of rat waste--as it is set aflame to name a few) garner much less negative attention.  Was it silly? Yes.  Was it fun? Also yes. 

I suspect some bias at work: special status afforded to movies first seen when one is at an age when one is less critical perhaps raises the bar too high for newer entries.  But Crystal Skull did partially remind me of how it felt to watch the earlier movies as a child.

I do draw the line at the Russian-hating monkey scene.  That was a little too much cheese for my taste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: MH-875 on Aug 06, 2014, 08:03:37 AMI'll confess to having enjoyed Indiana Jones 4 and never quite understood why the noise over "nuking the fridge" was so loud and yet so many of Indiana's other antics that should have severely injured or killed him (being dragged under a speeding truck, leaping out of a plane on a raft, being on the end of a 50 ft. pendulum as it slams into a cliff face, being in a confined space, wading through flammable liquid--bonus points for it being full of rat waste--as it is set aflame to name a few) garner much less negative attention.  Was it silly? Yes.  Was it fun? Also yes.

While I hated the fourth Indy film, I completely agree with this. The fridge scene was no less stupid than jumping a mine cart across a fifty foot pit of lava and landing perfectly on the rails on the far side.

I think what ruined the film for me was that they showed you the aliens at the end. In the first film, the Ark kills all the Nazis but we never see God. Shiva doesn't rock up to burn Mola Ram's hand in the second. Jesus Christ doesn't walk out of the temple in the third. It was all left to our imagination. By simply showing us the aliens, it took away all the mysticism.

Also I was massively annoyed by how they were adamant they'd steer clear of CGI to help the film blend with the originals, then the movie turned out to be a CGI sh*tfest. I had the same problem with the new Star Wars films - in the originals, it felt like they were having to invent all these new SFX technologies as they went along to get the job done. In the new entries they simply had CGI to just do it all for them, and they took it way too far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed