‘Alien 5’ Planned? Sigourney Weaver Wants To Resolve Ripley’s Story

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jul 27, 2014, 03:10:24 AM

Author
‘Alien 5’ Planned? Sigourney Weaver Wants To Resolve Ripley’s Story (Read 39,635 times)

Mr. Clemens

You know, I didn't even mind the monkeys. Maybe it's because they had a function in the scene, whereas the gophers were just 'ba-dum tsssh!'. It felt like Lucas had jumped into the director's chair for a moment while Spielberg was in the bathroom.  :D

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 06, 2014, 08:39:33 AM
Confused is the wrong word. Visual overload perhaps. It was so frenetic that I couldn't really concentrate on any of what was happening to be impressed by it. It was like visual white noise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3RR-rzT5ws#ws

MH-875

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 06, 2014, 10:13:33 PM
Just wanna hold my hand up and say I enjoyed Indy 4, as well. 'Cept those goddamn gophers.

I guess it's the fate of such films to have those little quirks that some people shrug their way past and others stop, squint, and ask, "What the f**k"?

For me in this film it's the monkeys.  For you Mr. Clemens, the gophers.  For someone else the ants or the guys with the blow guns.  Some are fortunate enough to enjoy a film anyway instead of having that conversation with it that begins and ends with, "This is just not working.  It's not you, it's me.  No, it's totally you, Alien Resurrection."  Both reactions are perfectly normal in my book.  Different strokes and all.

Now I'm going to have trouble not picturing Lucas, wearing a Spielberg costume, sneaking into the director's chair.  Thank you for the image Mr. Clemens!  :)

Local Trouble, that was a snippet of the Plinkett 'review' of Episode 1?  What a fascinating genre the Internet has birthed: film critique as entertainment.... or has it existed before in some periodical?

SM

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 06, 2014, 10:24:18 PM
You know, I didn't even mind the monkeys. Maybe it's because they had a function in the scene, whereas the gophers were just 'ba-dum tsssh!'. It felt like Lucas had jumped into the director's chair for a moment while Spielberg was in the bathroom.  :D

I just think the monkeys were a bad idea, badly executed.

I can buy Indy in a fridge, because it's Indy.  I can't buy Mutt and some 1s and 0s pretending to be monkeys, because it's not Indy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed