‘Alien 5’ Planned? Sigourney Weaver Wants To Resolve Ripley’s Story

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jul 27, 2014, 03:10:24 AM

Author
‘Alien 5’ Planned? Sigourney Weaver Wants To Resolve Ripley’s Story (Read 40,832 times)

Ratchetcomand

I won't mind if they have it that Alien 3 and Resurrection where just one big dream at the end of Aliens  ;).

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jul 27, 2014, 08:04:31 PM
I won't mind if they have it that Alien 3 and Resurrection where just one big dream at the end of Aliens  ;).

Going the Ripley's Nightmare route, are we?

An easy conventional, if not cliche way to retcon the last two movies out continuity but would it bode well with long time fans?

Mr. Clemens

It's a soap opera plot device. If they pull that, I'm out.

Local Trouble

That ship already sailed when they brought Ripley back to life.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 27, 2014, 10:02:58 PM

Ha, TRUTH!  :D

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 27, 2014, 10:02:58 PM

If the ship sailed then I'm on a floating raft made of plywood in the middle of the ocean.

Elmazalman

I quit after ALIENS,ALIEN3 i consider a interesting curio and AR is dead to me.

whiterabbit

Alright guys, we can keep alien³ and everything will be alright. All we have to do is explain away the bullshit that happened; that shortly after they enter into hyper-sleep a team of predators interested in this kick ass family decide to kidnap them. Ergo while they are asleep they are taken and replacements are put in. aka cheap clone knockoffs, however to make things interesting(and because predators are dicks) the predator decides to leave a few eggs on board. Bang, boom, thank you very much! We now have an explanation of why the eggs were there, why the facehugger makes no sense, why bishop pusses out, and most importantly of all, how the dumbasses from A|R were able to get blood samples of Ripley's DNA. They stole that form the predators sometime after finding their crashed ship. cough, cough, AVP3.

How's that for some serious continuity bullshit.

HuDaFuK

I'd love to see an Alien 5, just not with Ripley in it. Do something new.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 28, 2014, 07:47:03 AM
Predators aren't part of the Alien universe, so it don't matter none.  ;)

whiterabbit

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jul 28, 2014, 10:43:33 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 28, 2014, 07:47:03 AM
Predators aren't part of the Alien universe, so it don't matter none.  ;)
not yet

:laugh:

avpu meets alienu, it's only a mater of time.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 28, 2014, 10:41:54 AM
I'd love to see an Alien 5, just not with Ripley in it. Do something new.

I'm in 2 minds about this. I'd like them to finally close off the Ripley story (again!) but I'd also like to see new Alien films. Granted, I don't really care either way if they're actually good.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2014, 11:18:03 AMI'm in 2 minds about this. I'd like them to finally close off the Ripley story (again!) but I'd also like to see new Alien films. Granted, I don't really care either way if they're actually good.

Like others have said, I don't have a lot of interest in finding out what happened to Ripley 8, and Ellen Ripley died quite fittingly in the third film. I'd rather they just had the initiative to create some new characters.

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 28, 2014, 11:24:59 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2014, 11:18:03 AMI'm in 2 minds about this. I'd like them to finally close off the Ripley story (again!) but I'd also like to see new Alien films. Granted, I don't really care either way if they're actually good.

Like others have said, I don't have a lot of interest in finding out what happened to Ripley 8, and Ellen Ripley died quite fittingly in the third film. I'd rather they just had the initiative to create some new characters.
Exactly. I'd just love to see more alien movies. Hopefully good movies.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 28, 2014, 11:24:59 AM

Her connection to the Aliens has potential to be interesting. But like I said, either way, as long as what we get is good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed