Original Alien Cast Reunite for Alien: Isolation DLC

Started by ikarop, Jul 09, 2014, 01:01:47 PM

Author
Original Alien Cast Reunite for Alien: Isolation DLC (Read 60,687 times)

PsyKore

I hate seller-exclusive preorders!!!!!!!

wasabinator

GreenManGaming have/had a code of ALIENI-SOLATI-ON25PC to get 25% off the Nostromo edition.   They seem to have now taken it off their website, but worked for me a little while ago, so for those on the fence this might be what pushes you over :)  Once it's released they will send the relevant Steam key.

Hudson

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 10, 2014, 12:28:37 AM
Nah, that was definitely him. He's just old now.

Skerritt and Weaver sound almost identical still, though.

Yes, it's definitely him saying lines that are not heard in the film, and yes Weaver and Skerritt sound very similar to their 1979 incarnations.

DaddyYautja

Isnt this the same thing that happened with Colonial Marines?

I hope they do another game with ALien 3 and Res and get those casts back.

OpenMaw

Not exactly. This is basically creating scenarios based around the film. I joked in another thread that a bandaged up Brett would make an appearance in AI, because that's what the A:CM analog would be. Having some character who we know is dead pop up for reasons unknown. This is actually a rather neat idea, as long as it takes great care not to step on the toes of the film.

MasterRich

I pre-ordered the game months ago on Sega but would my pre-order get upgraded to include this DLC?

Procurator

I actually considered per-ordering the game, but after seeing this today i radically changed my mind. How can they have time to do this, the game inst even out yet and already sugarcoating the thing with more eye candy. Original cast returning, if that is the case why am i hearing voices that are taken straight from the Alien DVD, nothing new. Making a couple of new models based on old pictures or molds isn't a effort... From a strictly political point of view i see Colonial Marines again, the game will come out but will have no where near this graphics or storyline. I have no faith for this game anymore, history teaches well.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Procurator on Jul 10, 2014, 08:46:31 AM
if that is the case why am i hearing voices that are taken straight from the Alien DVD, nothing new.

...What? Where?

robbritton

Can't speak for the rest of what you say, as only time will tell, but that's definitely new recorded dialogue in the trailer.

Just because one thing came out wonky, doesn't mean everything will. Different company, different game. Wait and see.

HuDaFuK

On the one hand, this add-on really interests me, especially as they've flat-out said it's a bit of fun and not supposed to tie it into the films in any way, thereby removing themselves from the canon clusterf*ck that has undermined some of the recent releases in the franchise.

On the other hand, I don't wanna get this game until I've heard some decent post-launch reviews, so I doubt I'll be pre-ordering.

Dill-On

Ow, complainers everywhere :)

This game looks better than any game with aliens ever.
Definietly must have for me.
I'm waiting for boxed version of pre-order, if avalible.

Corporal Hicks

I can understand the hesistance. We've all been burned by Colonial Marines. However, AI doesn't have the natural longevity than MP can give so knowing that it's possible to get additional standalone DLC like this (Gary!! I want that A3 please) is fantastic news. I'm still hopeful we'll get a co-op campaign or something as DLC later.

newbeing

I ended up just breaking down and preordering from Gamestop. I feel dirty about it, but I also had 30 dollars in Gamestop gift cards that I was never going to use on anything else.
Also thinking about it, as much as it seems like dirty sales tactics them doing this preorder dlc makes sense from a business standpoint. Look at the release calender for October. Hell look at the releases for October 7th. It's jam packed with some big titles. They're just insuring that the game gets some attention for that week. I would prefer a good game sell well under its own merits, but it would also suck if a good game got overlooked in a very busy week.

Making a couple of new models based on old pictures or molds isn't a effort...

Wait what? Have you ever modeled a character in 3D before? Getting character models to look remotely like their real life counterparts is extremely challenging let alone making them look like their characters from 35 years ago. It's not like they had scans of the cast from 1979, at least as far as I know.
On top of that they had to model their clothing to match. Look at Brett's jacket and all of those laces and details. No effort?

Xenoscream

Wow this is a huge fan service offering, we are actually going to take part in events in the film, EXPLORE THE FREAKING NOSTROMO. The only ever game I pre-ordered was Dark Souls... this will be the second. Can't wait to play this!

szkoki

I actually considered per-ordering the game, but after seeing this today i radically changed my mind. How can they have time to do this, the game inst even out yet and already sugarcoating the thing with more eye candy. Original cast returning, if that is the case why am i hearing voices that are taken straight from the Alien DVD, nothing new. Making a couple of new models based on old pictures or molds isn't a effort... From a strictly political point of view i see Colonial Marines again, the game will come out but will have no where near this graphics or storyline. I have no faith for this game anymore, history teaches well.

ummm Sevastopol is the same station as Nostromo more or less i guess. so basicly they used some models from the base game, the same Alien, the same AI the same tools, gameplay and put together a Nostromo like place for two missions. They only worked on recording the voiceacting and making new 3d models for the characters. "easy" job why not pull it of for some more money?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed