Robert Rodriguez "Not involved" in upcoming Predator sequel.

Started by Spoonman101, Jul 01, 2014, 08:38:37 PM

Author
Robert Rodriguez "Not involved" in upcoming Predator sequel. (Read 27,451 times)

worldpeace

worldpeace

15million us dollars in 1986 was a ton of money. the value of american currency has been greatly damaged over the last decade and most everything in america has become much more expensive since the 80s. you haven't changed my mind but time will tell . also 15million us dollars in mexico in 1986 was like billions of pesos .

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 03, 2014, 09:03:25 AM
Quote from: worldpeace on Jul 03, 2014, 08:59:25 AMim not disagreeing with you . im saying in these cir cumstances it needs more then 40million . i understand what you are saying, you dont need too repeat yourself soo much. avp. avr and predators look and feel cheap. maybe money could fix that?

AVP cost $60 million to make, and it still looked kinda rubbish. If they can make Predator look as good as it did with just $15 million, they do not need a heap of cash this time. They just need to put in the effort.

PRI. HUDSON

I liked RR Predators film. Shame we won't get a sequel.

Mike

Predators doesn't look cheap at all, it's actually a beautiful looking film on DVD and especially Bluray the budget was same as Avpr and that film looks cheaper than cheap but considering Predators was made in less than year is fascinating. Robert is smart when it comes to those things.

Mike

PRI Hudson same here I didn't like it I loved it. It's so awsome from the trailers to the tv spots to the actual film itself. Sometimes I think it's my fav Pred film sinse I watched it more times than P1 and P2 combined although I do love those films as we'll. But I can talk about Predators all day it's truly one badass film.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Jul 03, 2014, 03:03:42 PM

We don't know yet if the new movie is a sequel to Predators or not. It could be another stand alone sequel.

worldpeace

i ment parts of predators looks cheap. the overhead shot of the chained up predator roaring looks very fake. the predators faces in predators didn't look right in the mouth area. it has some beautiful shots and looks fine in parts and in other places it feels independent cheap borderline made for tv direct to dvd feel imo.all those films have moments of goodness.. even if only for a frame or two

Quote from: Mike on Jul 03, 2014, 03:37:11 PM
Predators doesn't look cheap at all, it's actually a beautiful looking film on DVD and especially Bluray the budget was same as Avpr and that film looks cheaper than cheap but considering Predators was made in less than year is fascinating. Robert is smart when it comes to those things.

SM

Quote15million us dollars in 1986 was a ton of money.

It was below the average.

QuoteAVP cost $60 million to make, and it still looked kinda rubbish. If they can make Predator look as good as it did with just $15 million, they do not need a heap of cash this time. They just need to put in the effort.

It doesn't work like that.  Everything - labour, materials, equipment, transport, etc costs a lot more now.  You couldn't make Predator for $15m these days.  That's why Pauly went to Prague to make AvP, and made it look like a lot more than it cost.

Given Black's newfound clout, I'd be very surprised if this cost anything under $80m.

worldpeace

worldpeace

i hope he gets whatever he needs to make this a great movie. im done having this conversation for ever more. 15million us dollars in the 1980s is a ton of loot.

that movie looks very cheap avp is soooooo cheap looking with the exception of some cgi and props and such booooooooooooooo

[ quote author=SM link=topic=50915.msg1950935#msg1950935 date=1404469928]
Quote15million us dollars in 1986 was a ton of money.

It was below the average.

QuoteAVP cost $60 million to make, and it still looked kinda rubbish. If they can make Predator look as good as it did with just $15 million, they do not need a heap of cash this time. They just need to put in the effort.

It doesn't work like that.  Everything - labour, materials, equipment, transport, etc costs a lot more now.  You couldn't make Predator for $15m these days.  That's why Pauly went to Prague to make AvP, and made it look like a lot more than it cost.

Given Black's newfound clout, I'd be very surprised if this cost anything under $80m.
[/quote]

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jul 03, 2014, 09:08:29 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Jul 03, 2014, 03:03:42 PM

We don't know yet if the new movie is a sequel to Predators or not. It could be another stand alone sequel.

I know. I meant that RR won't be doing a sequel to what he made. I really thought RR did a solid job with Predators. Sure, it had some issues, but I liked it overall. I liked the "wolf vs. dog" predator rivalry.

SM

Quote15million us dollars in the 1980s is a ton of loot.

Average movie budget around that time was about $18m.  Not a ton for a science-fiction-action-effects movie.

Quotethat movie looks very cheap avp is soooooo cheap looking with the exception of some cgi and props and such booooooooooooooo

I'm sure on some level that sentence makes sense.  Not sure which level though.

Master

Every thing can be said about AvP, but cheap looking? Come on...

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Jul 05, 2014, 07:32:53 AM
Every thing can be said about AvP, but cheap looking? Come on...

AvP was hardly cheap looking. I thought the special effects looked pretty good.

OpenMaw

In terms of design the first AVP does look top, in that regard. I think some of the color grading takes out a bit of the life in the sets, though. If anything makes AVP look cheap, it's the way it's edited and shot. The slow-motion, and motion changing nonsense just reeks of amateurishness. This gets really bad during and after the first AVP slug-fest. Some of the shots just... No. If they had been filmed more classically, I think it would have looked a lot better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed